British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates skipper, Davey Watt is taking centre stage tomorrow night, as he reveals plans for his testimonial meeting which takes place on 31st August at Poole Speedway. He will be speaking exclusively during a launch event on Wednesday night (9th March) at Poole Stadium’s “Champs Bar” in Wimborne Road.

The returning Pirates captain will be telling fans what he has in store and is expected to announce some of the riders who have already agreed to take part, as well as what format the meeting will take, as he celebrates his ten years in British Speedway.

“I am determined to give the fans a really special occasion,” says the popular Aussie; “I am well aware that I have had ten great years in the sport and the fans have helped to keep me where I am now. So I am thinking that the day is for them, as much as it is about me”

“I already have a few ideas about making it a memorable night and, with so many of my mates pitching in to help me out, I know it’s going to be awesome. There is still a lot to be done but we have already made a good start and I can’t wait to let people in on some of my plans.”

Watt will be appearing on Wednesday at a special evening arranged by the Poole Riders Equipment Fund committee to launch his testimonial, as well as Mark Loram’s farewell meeting later this month. The evening begins at 7.30pm and is open to members and non-members of the R.E.F. It is also planned to show the 2010 Award presentation first aired at the end of season dinner in November and which proved such a hit.

Davey announced last night that his meeting will be a team event, featuring The Roos v Rest of the World.

He has secured sponsorship from Bournemouth Glass and Glazing who are "title" sponsors and the first two riders to be revealed are:

JASON CRUMP

EMIL SAYFUTDINOV

Already shaping up well!

Anymore news on this meeting? Long way to come from Aussie that's all!!!!

Cheerz Duane.

Getting really near now for this meeting but not much news. Wanting to know who will be riding only know 3 riders per side. It is a long way to travel please need news update

Does anyone know if tickets are required? Down in dorset for the week so will be popping along!

Getting really near now for this meeting but not much news. Wanting to know who will be riding only know 3 riders per side. It is a long way to travel please need news update

I believe its crump, emil s, lindback, bjarne pedersen are riding, the poole aussie boys are riding and woodward for the aussies

I believe its crump, emil s, lindback, bjarne pedersen are riding, the poole aussie boys are riding and woodward for the aussies

yeah surely need a few more riders. It is a long way to travel as I have broken my foot but want to come so hope we get final line up soon. Aussie team will be full need a few more for the rest of the world.

its a shame that there hasnt been much released on this although admittedly they have named two BIG ones. I thought there had been a web apge on it but I cant find it now - did I imagine it?

in this weeks Speedway Star it announces Adam Skornicki and Scott Nicholls as teh latest confirmed starters.

It also goes on to say Chris Holder, Darcy Ward and Jason Doyle are riding alongside Sam Masters, Crump and Sayfutinov as previously named, Bjarne Pedersen and Antonio Lindback as well AS Watt himself will be riding with only 2 riders left to be named

ROOS Davey Watt, Jason Crump, Chris Holder, Darcy Ward, Jason Doyle, Cameron Woodward, Sam Masters

REST OF THE WORLD Emil Sayfutdinov, Bjarne Pedersen, Antonio Lindback, Scott Nicholls, Tai Woffinden, Adam Skornicki, Ludvig Lindgren

Here are the the two teams for Davy Watt's testimonial, looks two equally strong teams, hope for a good meeting for davy

Tickets not required for the Testimonial - Payment is on the door and prices are the same as for a Poole Elite League meeting.

WATT A LINE UP FOR BIG NIGHT

DAVEY WATT has confirmed the testimonial line up for his special Roos v Rest of the World test at Poole Speedway on Wednesday 31st August in celebration of the Aussies ten years in British Speedway.

Having already announced that track stars Jason Crump and Emil Sayfutdinov will lead the respective sides, the Poole skipper then added his popular Pirates predecessor Bjarne Pedersen, quickly followed by the news that Wimborne Road track record holder Antonio Lindback would also be in the line-up, both of whom were qualifiers at the weekend for next season's Grand Prix.

Now the field has been completed we can reveal that the Aussie team will include Pirates stars Chris Holder and Darcy Ward as well as bang in form Jason Doyle in a not too unexpected side.

Meanwhile, the Rest of the World have been boosted by the inclusion of Scott Nicholls and another former Pirate favourite from the 2008 Elite League winning team, Adam Skornicki.

Davey will join his Roos team mates of course and is thrilled with the final squads saying that he is really looking forward to a great night out surrounded by friends and fans who have meant so much to him during his ten year UK career.

ROOS Davey Watt, Jason Crump, Chris Holder, Darcy Ward, Jason Doyle, Cameron Woodward, Sam Masters

REST OF THE WORLD Emil Sayfutdinov, Bjarne Pedersen, Antonio Lindback, Scott Nicholls, Tai Woffinden, Adam Skornicki, Ludvig Lindgren.

Edited by MMX Events

How would you like to be a "Number Eight" for the Rest of the World?

We already have an honorary "Number Eight" for the Roo's Team and now there is one chance to become similar for their opponents.

Imagine going on the parade truck with the teams - Spending the evening watching from the Pits and seeing Heat 15 from the Centre Green? - Plus a souvenir photo of you with the Rest of the World Team.

All the above for you and a guest at a cost of just £150 - Interested?

Get in touch with us at mmxevents@yahoo.com to find out more but be quick there is only one opportunity - and it's first come first served!

Good luck

MMX

Edited by MMX Events

Take it that its Ludvig Lindgrenthats the final rider for the rest of the world MMX Events ;)

I know a lot of people dont like team events for testimonials but with a line up like that it looks like it could be a fantastic meeting :)

Hope you get our number 8 as well!

Apparently Lindback not coming now but it means we get to see Hans racing in the UK again this year :-)

Apparently Lindback not coming now but it means we get to see Hans racing in the UK again this year :-)

Is Hans doing this meeting for sure. If so i got a major problem