British Speedway Forum

Excellent crowd turned out for Davey so in that respect a huge success. The racing was a bit boring. As with Testimnials you never get the edge or atmosphere of a league meeting and the track tonight was slightly underwatered.

End of thwe day it was what it said on the tin and Davey gets a fat cheque.

Cannot fault anything you say Steve, just felt charging full League meeting admission was more than a little strong! Nice guy as I said and maybe I am the minority voice, but £35 inc programme for no racing felt like a bit of a liberty.

Excellent crowd turned out for Davey so in that respect a huge success. The racing was a bit boring. As with Testimnials you never get the edge or atmosphere of a league meeting and the track tonight was slightly underwatered.

End of thwe day it was what it said on the tin and Davey gets a fat cheque.

thats the thing about testimonials and benefit meetings though - I never expect any 'racing' at them, its more about showing appreciation really although I appreciate these guys put a lot of work into getting an entertaining package together. (and Mrs P if you are reading I *still* appreciate Stefan in his undies only at Shanes testimonial lol)

I hope Davey enjoyed it and as you say Steve, gets the big fat cheque.

Any results and stories from the night?

An enjoyable evening and a few good races as well, although how Cameron stayed on in heat 2 or Hans in heat 10 I don't know! Great to see Crumpy and Hans racing in UK again and with some great racers we don't get to see every week along with some home favourites all in all a fun night. Think the pit bike races in the interval might have been more entertaining if Noddy's bike hadn't packed up, hence the long delay. I actually enjoyed watching races when I didn't mind who won them, made me realise how tense I get during league meeting!!

Glad you got your lift ok Tas - you came across as quite a Davey fan!

one of the nice guys, hope the weather is ok and that everyone has a great time :)

editd to add: hope the ankle is on the mend as well

Thanks for that i had never met Davey till last night but got pic with him and he does seem nice. Great to see Hans wish he was riding here. Bit scary moment in heat 10 for him.

Really good meeting and i helped by paying for hans jacket which gave extra funds to davey thanks to Tim. Some of the race jackets may go on ebay but not this one lol

Huge thanks to Lally for my lift i would have been gutted if i could go.

Thanks the ankle is getting there i start physio tomorrow but did have quite a workout walking around poole staduim. lol

Sorry pink pirate would have liked to have met you but my new friend is a Poole fan so I may be back lol

Edited by tas

Thanks for that i had never met Davey till last night but got pic with him and he does seem nice. Great to see Hans wish he was riding here. Bit scary moment in heat 10 for him.

Really good meeting and i helped by paying for

hans jacket which gave extra funds to davey

thanks to Tim. Some of the race jackets may go on ebay but not this one lol

Huge thanks to Lally for my lift i would have been gutted if i could go.

Thanks the ankle is getting there i start physio tomorrow but did have quite a workout walking around poole staduim. lol

Sorry pink pirate would have liked to have met you but my new friend is a Poole fan so I may be back lol

Glad you got to make it, I would have been gutted if I had missed out on one of the few opportunities to see Hans race this year, nice to hear you got the race jacket too, I had to make do with a photo but that will keep me happy til he visits again!! Look forward to meeting you next time you get to Poole.

First visit too Poole and had a good night, as was said not alot of great races but a few scary moments with the likes of woodward etc.I didnt mind paying the entrance fee or paying £2.50 for the programme at the end of the day money was for Davy Watt and to my mind was worth every penny. Hope to do Poole again sometime.

Hi

Does anyone know where the professional pics for this will be posted please have been trying to find them

Thanks

Tina

Hi tas

Jay Eastwood is the track photographer at Poole

There is a link to his website on the Poole pages and a contact button once you get there.

try this http://admin2.clikpic.com/jayeastwood/

As yet there are none from the testimonial in the gallery but I'm sure he will update it very soon.

Good luck

Nij

Thanks guys the photographer called me today so hopefully i can get my pitures. Also was interested in my journey to get there lol

well the things we do for speedway then come end of Oct depresion time. Hope this winter is better than the last one.

Was there a DVD done of daisy's meeting? I do like his testy shirts though, wasn't allowed to wear mine till the meeting had been done. I was lucky enough to get mine the week before the meeting.

Note Text speak translated - please do not use text speak

Hi Duane

Yep! - A DVD is available through Re-Run Productions.

They will be on sale at Poole (on race nights)from the DVD kiosk under the scoreboard. Price £12

or from Re-Run Productions here ... http://www.rerunproductions.co.uk/latest_releases.html

Their order hotline is 01227 732596

Good luck ... MMX