British Speedway Forum
werbie

Calling All Hackney Hawks Fans!

I was a hawks fan from 1973 to 1982 and wasn't able to go from then. I was wondering if anyone had video footage of the old stadium and races to be held in it from then? If so please reply back to this thread. Will reply to anyone with this. Many thanks. B)

Guest maddriver

I have a copy of Hackney v Aces from 1987.

i bought that video the other week, not a lot of the Hawks period that you want, most of the video action is about the Kestrals. Not one of the better videos, although the walkabout of the old stadium bought back lots of memories, but did show how rundown the old place had become by the end.

Must say the presenter was a bit dodgy. :wink:

although the walkabout of the old stadium bought back lots of memories, but did show how rundown the old place had become by the end.

It wasn't rundown TT, it had character. :rolleyes::wink:

Dear Kevin

Waterden road stadium had become extremely run-down and tatty, but - then it was a speedway stadium after all.

Has anyone been to a good speedway stadium recently. (no, not the millenium stadium)

hi

I have the Thames TV Progrom on tape BUT its on Betamax format, it was shown live from Hackney, it has Bruce Penhall winning it, I might be able to get it put onto VHS.....let me know off line at handyandy@rbm.com.au

Andy

hi

I have the Thames TV Progrom on tape BUT its on Betamax format, it was shown live from Hackney, it has Bruce Penhall winning it, I might be able to get it put onto VHS.....let me know off line at handyandy@rbm.com.au

Andy

I've got the meeting Andy mentioned on VHS, also a couple of Cradley meetings at Waterdon Road one a cup meeting from 83. Also have a Hackney v Reading match from the very early 80's, maybe 1980 I'll have to check.

I must admit I enjoyed the racing at Hackney, the track suffered plenty of bad press over the years, but the racing was quite good whenever I went there.

I've got the meeting Andy mentioned on VHS, also a couple of Cradley meetings at Waterdon Road one a cup meeting from 83. Also have a Hackney v Reading match from the very early 80's, maybe 1980 I'll have to check.

I must admit I enjoyed the racing at Hackney, the track suffered plenty of bad press over the years, but the racing was quite good whenever I went there.

Hi there. Are you willing/able to copy them ??

I'll gladly pay all costs.

hackney@graffiti.net

hackney@graffiti.net

I've emailed you with the full video list.

What an hawk! Please BrzHeathen email me the list as well! lisa.martin7@btinternet.com.

B)B)B)

hackney@graffiti.net

The Days Gone By tapes have plenty of Hackney Hawks cine footage from 60's and 70's

also I'd love to see this old stuff too.