British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
high edge

Age Restriction

There is a picture of you somewhere i'm positive, at the tapes with Jesper Olsen. Good times in your career?

yea loved it at berwick and still love to go there ,dont think berwick fans could understand my accent though :wink: but fantastic people ,will be there this saturday spannerman for hynek

well said dean, i think that this rule is probably illegal .. im not interested in racing in the nl.. but age shouldnt be an issue. you stick in there mate..

cheers mate, i do find it strange how the rule was left out of the NL agm press release :wink:

Older riders are not damageng s/way the powers that be who are not investing in the sport are to blame ,like any business you have to look to the future and they just pretend to.In the early 70's when I started watching what was the old NL you had a wide cross section of riders coming up Chris Morton,John Jackson,Joe Owen and Kenny Carter and then you had Mike Broadbanks,Pete Jarman,and even Jimmy Sqibb to give a great balance the league IMO.None of the older riders hindered the progress of the younger ones ,quite the contary many learnt and benifited from them being there in the first place.

Edited by FAST GATER

Whilst i can see the thinking behind the alleged 30+ rule, it does seem strange NO announcement was made in the Post AGM Press release, again it was a case of not what was announced but what was not announced, even esteemed Promoters who contribute on this Forum, forgot to mention this ruling.

Deanno yes its no good making rules for The NL, and then not do anything further up in the PL and EL, Team opportunities must be freed up in the PL, and then in the EL, there HAS to be rulings for a minimum of British born riders in Teams and this must be increased over time until a reasonable level is reached, Promoters must start to balance out "Self interest alongside Speedways overall long term Interest" for the EL i guess it is a case of retaining SKY money whatever the cost, for the PL it must be a case of either lesser costs though this is debatable with air fares etc, or the prospect of finding a rider on a lower assesed average than his likely attainable average. To overcome the latter, every British born rider included in a PL Team must have at least a 0.5 point reduction off his average for Team building, a similar ruling must be included for the EL over coming years, whilst this in itself will not stop the decline of opportunuties for British born riders, it needs to be included in a package of measures that are brought in to give Team spots for home grown riders.

Although i welcome the new teams that are second teams,i dont welcome the way they want to rule how the league is runn regarding,reduced points limmit and the age restiction rule .I personaly thought that last year the National League standard was right but this year its been watered down to suit the new teams and i think its a bad move ,look what watering down the Elite League has done.Come on dont be scared Buxton may not winn everything this year. :rolleyes:

Forgive my lack of knowleage, I come from another country..

I totally agree, these rules are rediculous. It sounds like anyone over 30 is basicly expected to retire if they are not riding in the PL or above. What incentive is that for someone to take up speedway, if there is no where left to ride when they hit 30.

I have a friend who has a practice track in the UK. He would love to run races and develope a team but can not do anything but run practices. This is due to the increadable amount of money the speedway authorities want to upgrade the track licence.

I beleive if these incredible FEE'S were reduced to a managable amount, then there would be more tracks opening. This would in turn promote races, which would bring in more new riders, which would grow the sport. This would create more teams and more space for all riders of all ages to race... Might even have a space or two for the foreigners. :)

As far as I know the tracks in the countries I know, don't have to pay to exsist!!