British Speedway Forum
willp

Dudley Heathens Vs. Belle Vue Colts

DUDLEY Heathens go up for the cup on Tuesday when they face National league newcomers Belle Vue at Monmore Green (7.30).

The former Cradley club will have debuts to new signings Kyle Newman and Danny Stoneman and boss Will Pottinger is hoping his side can build up a handy first leg lead to take to Manchester for the return on June 1.

And the meeting has an added twist as Belle Vue include Jason Garrity, who was a thorn in Dudley’s side when riding for Buxton last season.

Said Pottinger: “This is a massive meeting for us and we will all need to be on form to get a good lead for the second leg.

“It’s so good to have Belle Vue in the league and as soon as we drew them in the cup our fans wanted to know the dates.

“We welcome Kyle and Danny and I’m sure the supporters will gave them a big, traditional Heathens welcome on the parade.

“We need to keep Jason Garrity quiet but that won’t be easy as he’s at reserve and can take seven rides. It’s another tough ask for us but the boys will give it everything.”

Admission is just £10 adults, £6 concessions and £2 children. A Full colour souvenir programme is available for £2 and includes features on Cradley’s Dudley Wood Stadium.

DUDLEY: Jon Armstrong, Richard Franklin, Tom Perry, Ashley Morris, Kyle Newman, Darryl Ritchings, Danny Stoneman.

BELLE VUE: Byron Bekker, Scott Richardson, Kyle Howarth, Karl Mason, Adam McKinna, Chris Widman, Jason Garrity.

Good luck to Dudley tonight.

I hope both Kyle and Danny have good debuts. :approve:

Was coming up for this one,but work has thrown a wobbly and I cant get away in time.Unless anyone knows of a way to get from Poole to Dudley in 90 minutes.Thats other than Keith Newmans driving,of course!! :wink:

Liveupdates it is then.

Really looking forward to this one. BV are tipped by many to have a very good season, and they will certainly be up there in my opinion. So it is going to be another stern test for the Heathens, and our revamped team. Two riders making their debut and Franklin is mounted on new machinery. Armstrong returned from injury in terrific form, Morris is having a good season and Ritchings is looking to bounce back from a poor meeting last time out (well, poor score would be more accurate - he rode ok) and it's no secret that Perry is struggling to get going so he'll be looking for a big night. Coupled with Bekker and Howarth visiting having been mentioned by a number of people as potential signings for us, McKinna who would have ridden for us last season if not for an injury and of course the return of arch nemesis Jason Garrity :P and there should be plenty to keep us all entertained.

Making the trip down for this meeting. Have a feeling it is going to be a very tight meeting, with the Colts looking very solid so far this year both home and away. Trump card could be Dudley's arch nemesis Jason Garrity, who could score very heavily from the reserve slot. My prediction: Dudley 45 Colts 45! A nailbiter!

Could we please have regular weather updates too. It is tipping it down up here, but for all I know it could be tropical in the Midlands! :)

Making the trip down for this meeting. Have a feeling it is going to be a very tight meeting, with the Colts looking very solid so far this year both home and away. Trump card could be Dudley's arch nemesis Jason Garrity, who could score very heavily from the reserve slot. My prediction: Dudley 45 Colts 45! A nailbiter!

Could we please have regular weather updates too. It is tipping it down up here, but for all I know it could be tropical in the Midlands! :)

Well it certainly isn`t tropical..in Dudley at the moment=grey clouds,then the sun breaks through..no rain today as yet

Are we having updates ??, I am working down in Poole, so 21st will youdo us a favour :wink: . Yes this will be a tight meeting, Kyle Howarth and Jason G "The Wicked Witch" i expect both of them to score high double figures with jason probably taking 7 rides, Byron will give them sound back up, so if McKinna, chips in with a solid score we could be in trouble, if any of those four have an off night then i expect Dudley to win by 10, we have a better all round team than the Colts, Good luck to the Heathens, especially our new signings Kyle and Danny.

Hey Bob if you find someone who can get from Poole to Monmore Wood in 90 minutes let me know. :cheers:

Good luck to the Colts, great to see two young Mancunians doing well in the team, Kyle Howarth and Jason Garrity. Would be marvellous to see them both graduate up to the Aces team.

Edited by jimmy jimmy

Id like to see the Colts win but think Dudley should just have enough in this one.

Dudley 47-43 Colts

Could we please have regular weather updates too. It is tipping it down up here, but for all I know it could be tropical in the Midlands!

Mostly overcast and dry. Could be a bit of patchy drizzle, but shouldn't be any sharp showers that could prove a threat.

Are we having updates ??, I am working down in Poole, so 21st will youdo us a favour ...

Hey Bob if you find someone who can get from Poole to Monmore Wood in 90 minutes let me know.

I'm happy to text if there's someone on the other end. :lol:

Don't tell him Bob, he could be a cop!! :shock::lol:

*edit*

According to Heathens FB page Adam Roynon will be there to help us cheer on the lads. Good on ya Royno. :approve:

From updates - thinking about it since I signed off, I guess Morris didn't get a max as he would have been excluded from the rerun of 15, although as it didn't happen, I'm not sure

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: 21st Century Heathen

Updater: Nige

ABANDONED AFTER 14 DUE TO FENCE DAMAGE - RESULT STANDS

Dudley = 45

1. Jon Armstrong 3 3 2 3 = 11

2. Richard Franklin 1 0 1 1* = 3+1

3. Tom Perry 2* 2* 2* 2 = 8+3

4. Ashley Morris 3 3 3 3 = 12 FULL MAXIMUM

5. Kyle Newman 3 2 X F = 5

6. Darryl Ritchings 2 0 0 1* 1 = 4+1

7. Danny Stoneman 1* 0 1 = 2+1

Belle Vue = 39

1. Byron Bekker 2 1 3 2 = 8

2. Scott Richardson 0 X 2* 2* = 4+2

3. Kyle Howarth 1 3 3 3 = 10

4. Karl Mason 0 1 0 0 = 1

5. Adam McKinna 1* 2 1 1* = 5+2

6. Chris Widman 0 1* 0 = 1+1

7. Jason Garrity 3 2 3 0 2 = 10

Heat Results

Heat 01: Armstrong, Bekker, Franklin, Richardson 4-2

Line Up: Armstrong, Franklin, Bekker, Richardson

Comments: Tight on turn 1. Armstrong and Bekker slide off and are both straight back up. All 4 back

Rerun - Armo passed everyone back straight lap 1. Bekker took all 4 laps to reel in Franklin and did him by a wheel on the line

Sponsored by www.enjaydesigns.co.uk

Heat 02: Garrity, Ritchings, Stoneman, Widman 3-3 7-5

Line Up: Ritchings, Stoneman, Widman, Garrity

Comments: Widman jumps the start - all 4 back

Rerun - Garrity doing a Gollob and changing bikes at the last second on the start line. Discluded on 2 mins - a shocking decision as never put back on 2 mins. Going off 15m

Widman winning easily until last bend ef. Garrity passed Stoneman easily then Ritchings as he made a mistake. Good race then with Ritchings coming back at him. Widman tried to "flintstones" it over the line for 3rd but missed out on the line

Garrity celebrated by fisting the air coming off turn 4 on slow down lap. Unfortunately he appeared to do it with the wrong hand and pulled out his cutout and killed the engine - epic fail met with laughs applause and boos

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03: Morris, Perry, Howarth, Mason 5-1 12-6

Line Up: Perry, Morris, Howarth, Mason

Comments: Tapes to flag after slight mistake by Howarth allowed the heathens to level off in front

Sponsored by: www.speedway-games.co.uk

Heat 04: Newman, Garrity, McKinna, Stoneman 3-3 15-9

Line Up: Newman, Stoneman, McKinna, Garrity

Comments: Unsat start - not sure who jumped - all 4 back

Rerun - Newman missed it by a milebut sorted it out off turn 2 to lead all the way. Garrity closed back in Lap 3 and 4. Another lap and it would have been nervy for the heathens

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Chris says "Phew, hectic start - my fave texting finger is cramping up already lol"

Tractor racing

Heat 05: Morris, Perry, Bekker, Richardson (f exc) 5-1 20-10

Line Up: Perry, Morris, Bekker, Richardson

Comments: Stopped - Perry missed the start. Way faster down the back straight and passed Bekker easily. As he went in on Richardson the colt fell. No contact from texters view point. The ref agreed and allowed the race to continue, but Richardson stays kneeling on the track and gets it stopped. Bad form and of course he gets booed now, excluded from rerun

Rerun - Initially the heathens were cruising to a max with Morris outside and Perry inside surprisingly. Perry then decided to make it interesting by making a mistake on T4 lap3 and just held off Bekker

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 06: Armstrong, McKinna, Widman, Franklin 3-3 23-13

Line Up: Armstrong, Franklin, McKinna, Widman

Comments: All the action at the back. Franklin the quicker but overlocked and scrubbed his speed 3 times

Sponsored by

Heat 07: Howarth, Newman, Mason, Ritchings 2-4 25-17

Line Up: Newman, Ritchings, Howarth, Mason

Comments: Easy win for Howarth. Newman shocking gate but somehow 2nd off turn 2 - then so slow and messy that he screwed up Ritchings' race for 2 and a half laps allowing Mason through. Great race as Ritchings tried to come back through but Mason held on

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Garrity, Richardson, Franklin, Ritchings 1-5 26-22

Line Up: Franklin, Stoneman Ritchings, Richardson, Garrity

Comments: Ritchings replaces Stoneman

The colts bounce back. Garrity by a mile. Franklin again quicker but he's so committed to riding the kerb that he's killing his speed by turning so hard. Decent race but texter is sure he had the speed in the motor to just ride around him with ease

Sponsored by

Heat 09: Morris, Perry, McKinna, Widman 5-1 31-23

Line Up: Perry, Morris, McKinna, Widman

Comments: Another jump start - Widman rolling again, about time he got a warning

What a race. Widman and McKinna made flying starts. Both heathens pass Widman on first 2 bends. McKinna is so fast this time and Ash had his work cut out to chase him down. Eventually charges through on the inside off T2 Lpa 3. McKinna not finished though and tries to come back at him as Perry closes in fast. Mistake by McKinna T2 lap 4 gave Perry the cutback on the back straight. Full credit all 3

Sponsored by inthedirt clothing - inthedirt.co.uk - facebook.com/inthedirt

Heat 10: Howarth, Armstrong, Franklin, Mason 3-3 34-26

Line Up: Armstrong, Franklin, Howarth, Mason

Comments: Heathens again left at the gate. Armo took a lap to get past Franklin by which time Howarth was over the green hill and far away

Sponsored by

Adam Roynon just been interviewed. Says he couldn't believe it when he looked down and his leg was facing the wrong way. Plans to be back sooner than later

Heat 11: Bekker, Richardson, Stoneman, Newman (f) 1-5 35-31

Line Up: Newman, Ritchings Stoneman, Bekker, Richardson

Comments:Stopped. Very nasty crash turn one. Newman and Richardson very tight going in. Newman backed it in and hit Richardson. Newman fell heavily on his right shoulder. Richardson down in a heap with the two bikes. Full credit to Stoneman for sharp reactions to lay it down and avoid them. Very nasty crash indeed but the good news is ALL UP QUICKLY AND SEEM OKAY.

Can't say the same for the bikes or the fence which are trashed and wrecked respectively, this could take some time to sort out so they are taking the INTERVAL now

Rerun - FTG as expected

Sponsored by

Heat 12: Howarth, Perry, Ritchings, Garrity 3-3 38-34

Line Up: Perry, Stoneman Ritchings, Howarth, Widman Garrity

Comments: The much anticipated reserves switches

Will the real Tom Perry stand up please stand up etc lol

Heathens again left at the start. Both pass Garrity turns 1 and 2. Parry charging hard and looking so much faster tonight. Hassled Howarth all the wayand so nearly rounded him but Howarth changed his line to cover it. Good ride under all sorts of pressure. Great ride by Ritchings to pass Garrity and hold him off

Sponsored by

Heat 13: Armstrong, Bekker, McKinna, Newman (f) 3-3 41-37

Line Up: Armstrong, Newman, Bekker, McKinna

Comments: Another jump start by one of the Colts.

Texter says Heathens are so slow from the gate the Colts don't need to try to cheat lol

All 4 back again

Rerun - Armo by a postcode. Newman looked to have a line on the colts T1 and 2 lap 1 but slid off exiting the turn. Bit strange to fall there with no help. Hey ho

Sponsored by Art and Stitch for all your sewing and art supplies www.artandstitch.co.uk

Heat 14: Morris, Garrity, Ritchings, Mason 4-2 45-39

Line Up: Morris, Ritchings, Mason, Garrity

Comments: WOW awesome race. Get it on youtube and sky. Morris outside and Garrity inside shoulder to shoulder for 4 laps swapping places all the way. Morris just on the line. Mirror image at the back as Ritchings and Mason go shoulder to shoulder throughout before Ritchings finally slams the door last lap to take a vital 3rd. Full credit Garrity for a fantastic CLEAN race. As texter said last year, he can do it when he keeps his head. Reaction between Morris and Garrity after the race was superb - they loved it

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 15:

Line-up: Armstrong, Morris, Howarth, Bekker

Comments: What no Garrity ???

Stopped. One of the highest speed crashes texter has ever seen at the end of the straight. Armo stormed inside Howarth into T3 as Morris went outside Howarth. Howarth clips Morris and both hit the fence at full throttle. Howarth complaining of shoulder injury, Morris wrist injury but he says not broken, unlike the fence which has about 6 sections deflated. Morris excluded

Morris walking back under his own steam. Howarth taking a precautionary ride in the ambulance

MEETING ABANDONED DUE TO THE EXTENT OF THE FENCE DAMAGE

MOM - Morris

Sponsored by www.unofficialscorpion.co.uk - The History of Scunthorpe Speedway

Comments:

Teams confirmed.

Colts win toss and take 2 and 4 - Armo chuckles at that

Teams announced - Jason Garrity booed (but NOT by 21CH)

© 2005-2011 All meetings are copyrighted to Speedway Updates, permission must be sought and we must be fully credited before they are used elsewhere.

Two questions, surely Belle Vue have been disadvataged by having the meeting stopped,couldnt the fence have been fixed,

secondly how can Morris still be credited with a max when he was the rider excluded.

Not the first time this has happened this year.

Junior

Two questions, surely Belle Vue have been disadvataged by having the meeting stopped,couldnt the fence have been fixed,

secondly how can Morris still be credited with a max when he was the rider excluded.

Junior

Not really. Given that BV were 6 points down, and Dudley had a rider excluded, there was nothing to race for. Belle Vue get a point but couldn't have got any more, Dudley get 2 and would have been relying on an EF or fall from either BV rider in heat 15.

Junior

The fence could have been fixed but not in time for the curfew.

The previous damage to the airfence on the other bend took some time to fix.

Not really. Given that BV were 6 points down, and Dudley had a rider excluded, there was nothing to race for. Belle Vue get a point but couldn't have got any more, Dudley get 2 and would have been relying on an EF or fall from either BV rider in heat 15.

Ok sorry, i thought i read it was a KOC match, my mistake.

Junior