British Speedway Forum

m in at the premier lodge, rooms still available but dont know how far from the track and u can book 4 just 1 nite including family rooms

Is that in Cabot Lane? If so, its about 2 miles from the track - pretty easy to get to though.

cheers

yes that the one , short taxi or a walk home 2 sober up when we win the cup :)

Well, after a morning spent on the 'phone, I have finally managed to find a place to stay for my large family (well done to Poole tourist office, who I must have driven crazy by the time I finished).

We are staying at the Express by Holiday Inn, where it is only costing £69 for all of us including a continental breakfast....a lot better than the £200 pounds I was getting quoted elsewhere.

Now all I have to do is persuade hubby that he will enjoy it.

Just leave him on the beach with his binoculars, laptop and knotted hankie :P

Just leave him on the beach with his binoculars, laptop and knotted hankie :P

And preferably one or two of the kids as well

We are staying at the Express by Holiday Inn, where it is only costing £69 for all of us including a continental breakfast....a lot better than the £200 pounds I was getting quoted elsewhere.

Nice one Sue!

The Holiday Inn is right in the middle of town, about a 5 min walk from the stadium. There's a swimming pool next door and Poole Park and quay are both within 5 mins as well. So I'd suggest you sent the kids and hubby that-a-way and you head the other direction to the Dolphin Centre for some retail therapy! B)

What does a small dolphin cost? and tank costs?

Would you want the dolphin fried or grilled? ;)

As for a tank, well there's an army camp about 15 miles away, not sure how much the on the road price is for a Chieftain or Challenger nowadays... :P:D

Nice one Sue!

The Holiday Inn is right in the middle of town, about a 5 min walk from the stadium. There's a swimming pool next door and Poole Park and quay are both within 5 mins as well. So I'd suggest you sent the kids and hubby that-a-way and you head the other direction to the Dolphin Centre for some retail therapy! B)

What a great idea rabbit!!

We are already planning on an early journey, so should get to Poole with loads of time for Mark to take the kids swimming and me to go to the shops....wonder if it will work out that way?

On second thoughts it will most probably be me taking the kids swimming,running after them etc and the hubby having a strop and staying behind......

Have people seen the TV ads for Travelodge with £25 room rates? Well there are still some rooms available for Sunday 1st and Monday 2nd August at Hailsham (Travelodge calls it Eastbourne Hellingly). Rooms for the 3rd are £49.95.

If anyone wants 2nd and 3rd then book them separately and you can get £25 for first night.

I'm seeing how many £25 nights I can get booked for this season's jaunts.

And what about Kip? ;) .. :( Is he included in the plans? (Dogs are allowed.)

We have booked at a Travel Lodge near Ipswich, for 3 days at Easter, and I'm looking forward to trying it out as it sounds ideal for Speedway weekends away.

I know there are also some good bargains to be had with Travel Inns, but I'm not too impressed with them following the email I had. You'd think a company of their repute could at least spell correctly when writing to potential customers.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We regret that, with the axception of assistacne dogs, pets are

not allowed in Travel Inns.

regards ...central reservations."

Edited by Gemini

It seems most Travel Lodges will allow a dog to stay [ but not all ] but Travel Inns will not unless it is a guide dog. Strange but true. Many hoteliers in Eastbourne will accept a dog unless it is noisy. So there you are Paw Print. Boycott Travel Inns. :P

Guest jazzy b
As long as you don't suggest that pub where the bloke got stabbed like you did to us Rabbit when we came down for the play off final! :o

if that is the one on the corner... i stayed a few years ago and there was a bullot hole in my room window!!!!! nice

thank god its not the premier lodge where i staying :)

people getting stabbed , shot this is poole we r talking about :shock::shock: