British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian L

Dudley -v- Hackney (nl)

I am hoping to make my first trip to Monmore Green for this one, it's been long time since a Heathens -v- Hawks match! :)

Looking forward to the match as, I agree, that Heathens v Hawks matches have been too long in the offing.

'Ommer um Heathens! :cheers:

By the way, according to the Dudley programme it is now, on Tuesdays at least.....Monmore Wood :t:

Edited by berniev123

Yep, it's only Monmore Green on a Monday. :lol:

Personally I couldn't even tell you the last time these two met. :unsure:

Anyway, I think Hackney have a solid enough line up but I would be rather disappointed if we didn't win with a bit to spare at home. :)

Personally I couldn't even tell you the last time these two met. :unsure:

Well apart from Friday (!!! :rolleyes: ) I'm guessing it must have been 1983 when there last a Heathens vs Hawks fixture! If you count the Kestrels version of Hackney then, what the last home Cradley/Hackney fixture would've been, er, 1987 I suppose...

Though I don't know how anyone cares to count 1996... That was the last time there was a league side at the Wick but it was called the London Lions and the Heathens for their part, were in exile at Stoke...

All very confusing...: let's hope tomorrow's less complicated but very exciting!!! :approve:

Well apart from Friday (!!! :rolleyes: ) I'm guessing it must have been 1983 when there last a Heathens vs Hawks fixture! If you count the Kestrels version of Hackney then, what the last home Cradley/Hackney fixture would've been, er, 1987 I suppose...

Though I don't know how anyone cares to count 1996... That was the last time there was a league side at the Wick but it was called the London Lions and the Heathens for their part, were in exile at Stoke...

All very confusing...: let's hope tomorrow's less complicated but very exciting!!! :approve:

LESS complicated ??..Hackney riding at Rye House/Lakeside,Dudley riding in Wolverhampton

LESS complicated ??..Hackney riding at Rye House/Lakeside,Dudley riding in Wolverhampton

Lets not forget Edinburgh riding in Armadale for how many years ??. :wink:

Yep fair play...: it doesn't sem that much less complicated, I'll give you that!!! :oops:

DUDLEY Heathens are looking to complete a quickfire double over Hackney Hawks at their adopted Wolverhampton track on Tuesday (7.30).

The former Cradley club pulled off a fabulous 48-42 win over the Hawks at Lakeside on Friday and they are looking to make home advantage count in their latest National League outing.

Boss Will Pottinger is, however, warning his side they can’t be complacent against a solid Hackney outfit who include ex-Heathen Barrie Evans.

He said: “Barrie did well as a guest for us earlier in the season and he will be up for this.

“Just because we won on Friday it doesn’t automatically mean we are going to win our home meeting easily, we will have to work hard and we need the fans to get behind us.

“But the target is very much all three points on offer. We are making steady progress and just need to keep it going.”

Admission is £10 adults, £6 concessions and £2 children. A full colour souvenir programme is available for £2.

Fans should also not a full colour A3 Heathens poster has been printed and is available FREE from the HSSC track shop and speedway office.

HEATHENS: Jon Armstrong, Richard Franklin, Tom Perry, Ashley Morris, Kyle Newman, Darryl Ritchings, Danny Stoneman.

* HEATHENS continue their busy schedule with a trip to Belle Vue on Wednesday in a Knockout Cup clash as they look to defend a six-point lead.

Nice to see a Heathens V Hawks on the fixture list again,its debatable which Team is nearer getting there own track back again, however i can only see a big points win for the Heathens mostly due to there superior all round strength.

Can only see a big win for Dudley. Good luck to the Hawks though.

With what should be a nice grippy track I'm hoping our boys' bursts from the back will lead to an entertaining meeting with a comfortable score line, for once this season! :P As the press release says we can't be complacent though. We were caught out at home last season and lost what should have been a reasonably comfortable win. Most of all tonight I'd like to see continued improvement by Perry and a big night for Ritchings would be welcome. In the last couple of meetings his scores haven't reflected the effort and determination he's been putting in. His one or two random flyers from the gate have deserted him meaning every heat seems a hard slog from the back. Not to mention he's been up against some strong very reserves in the last couple (Worrall and Garrity).

Yes,i agree with ur comments 21st with regards Daryll, however Shane Hazeldene has been banging in the points for the Hawks, so tonight wont be easy either.

Most of all tonight I'd like to see continued improvement by Perry and a big night for Ritchings would be welcome. In the last couple of meetings his scores haven't reflected the effort and determination he's been putting in.

I like the way Ritchings has progressed this season, almost 'under the radar' with the exploits of Roynon, Morris, Armstrong and now Newman proving so eye-catching. He's a very tidy stylist who's surprising a few riders and even his fourth places seem on the pace.

I take greyhoundp's comment about Hazelden, but at least Garrity goes to five for the Colts tomorrow!

THE Heathens 49 Hawks 41. Well at one time it looked like i was going to get egg on my face as Hawks were winning 35 - 26, and despite the scoreline The Heathens took 4 x 5-1s in the last five heats; Hackney rode very well aptly led by young Shane Hazeldon, who was backed up by Barrie Evans and Ben Morley, in fact had it not been for falls when well placed by Shane and Barrie twice when in scoring positions the Hawks would have come away with at least 1 point which they deserved, although it was balanced out somewhat with EF by Ash when 2nd.

For the Heathens Armo had what i would describe as an off night, Tom and Ash were not there usual self, Richard plugged away, and Danny looked on the pace, Stars of the night were Kyle and Darryl, Kyle some would say did what was expected from him, but MOM was young Darryl who scored 11 points inc a fastest of the night win, this i think is a sign of things to come from young Darryl who is showing Style, potential and may i say a maturity beyond his years, well done to ALL the riders and Thanks to The Hawks for putting up an excellent showing.

Terrific contest, shame we couldn't hold on for at least a point. Much impressed with the Heathens set up, mainly due to their support. Well done to all the riders from both teams!