British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Hackney - Nl Ko Cup

Mildenhall meet the NL newbies the Hackney 'Hawks' at West Row for the 1st leg of the NL KO Cup tie! The weather is set fair for what should be another great meeting with a big crowd in attendance especially following the announcement made on the Mildenhall Fen Tigers Official Team website today.

Mildenhall Fen Tigers teenage Aussie star Cameron Heeps is finally on his way to the UK and will be in this country in time to watch or even ride in this weekend's Knock Out Cup clash with the Hackney Hawks at West Row (Sunday 5th June).

Tigers co-promoter Chris Louis said, "It's been a long haul but we are all delighted that Cameron is able to link up with us at last.

"I'm not a hundred per cent sure yet that he'll ride against Hackney, as there is still some paperwork to be finalised. But we have a workshop ready for him, so hopefully we are almost there.

"Whatever happens he will be at West Row on Sunday and I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome from our supporters who have waited patiently for this to happen. At the very least, fans should get the chance to see him put in some laps after the match."

Heeps arrival ensures there'll be another bumper attendance at West Row on Sunday. Louis added, "We've been delighted with the crowds we've been getting so far and Cameron's arrival adds to the excitement that's surrounded the club, since we re-launched the Fen Tigers in April."

Great news :approve::cheers:

Mildenhall meet the NL newbies the Hackney 'Hawks' at West Row for the 1st leg of the NL KO Cup tie! The weather is set fair for what should be another great meeting with a big crowd in attendance especially following the announcement made on the Mildenhall Fen Tigers Official Team website today.

Mildenhall Fen Tigers teenage Aussie star Cameron Heeps is finally on his way to the UK and will be in this country in time to watch or even ride in this weekend's Knock Out Cup clash with the Hackney Hawks at West Row (Sunday 5th June).

Tigers co-promoter Chris Louis said, "It's been a long haul but we are all delighted that Cameron is able to link up with us at last.

"I'm not a hundred per cent sure yet that he'll ride against Hackney, as there is still some paperwork to be finalised. But we have a workshop ready for him, so hopefully we are almost there.

"Whatever happens he will be at West Row on Sunday and I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome from our supporters who have waited patiently for this to happen. At the very least, fans should get the chance to see him put in some laps after the match."

Heeps arrival ensures there'll be another bumper attendance at West Row on Sunday. Louis added, "We've been delighted with the crowds we've been getting so far and Cameron's arrival adds to the excitement that's surrounded the club, since we re-launched the Fen Tigers in April."

Agreed :approve:

Should be a good match, fancy a Mildenhall home win in this one.

Should be some great young talent on display & another great match at West Row.

Fantastic news :party: Cameron Heeps is a fabulous prospect :party: and cant wait to see him ride if not this week, soon :party: Hopefully after settling down he will be trying the foxhall track out :party: and replacing poser Hart very soon if allowed to :party:

No James Brundle tomorrow as he is out injured after crashing in the Star of Anglia meeting at Ipswich on Thursday. Hopefully a suitable guest can be found :unsure:

First visit of the year tomorrow to West Row for me. Hope the track is better than reports suggested on last Sunday. Is there a stock car meeting tonight? Hackney will arrive very confident after coming so close to getting a win at Dudley last Tuesday. Over two legs should be fairly close but tomorrow I’ll go for a Hackney win, they can do it!

First visit of the year tomorrow to West Row for me. Hope the track is better than reports suggested on last Sunday. Is there a stock car meeting tonight? Hackney will arrive very confident after coming so close to getting a win at Dudley last Tuesday. Over two legs should be fairly close but tomorrow I’ll go for a Hackney win, they can do it!

Despite the reports from those who weren't in attendance last week, the track was actually the best it has been so far this season and produced some cracking racing. If it is prepared similar to last week you'll be in for an entertaining afternoon :approve: Looking forward to seeing Barrie back at West Row too :approve:

Just seen that Ashley Birks is guesting for the injured Brundle (fall at Ipswich on Thursday apparently). A bit confused about Hackney lineup given on Mildenhall website as the averages are different from those shown on the BSPA site - anyone know which is right?

Birks has been withdrawn from the Berwick v Sheffield meeting with concusion and a sore shoulder according to speedway updates site :blink:

Kyle Howarth would be a good replacement :approve:

Edited by PhilK

Birks has been withdrawn from the Berwick v Sheffield meeting with concusion and a sore shoulder according to speedway updates site :blink:

Kyle Howarth would be a good replacement :approve:

He certainly would, as would Jon Armstrong, but if push came to shove, I think using rider replacement would not be such a bad alternative, I,ve got plenty of confidence in our own riders to cover for James.

He certainly would, as would Jon Armstrong, but if push came to shove, I think using rider replacement would not be such a bad alternative, I,ve got plenty of confidence in our own riders to cover for James.

I don't think we could have used Jon as his average is higher, whatever Dudley are riding at Buxton tomorrow.

If not Howarth there is little else bar perhaps Steve Worrall, but I agree 2ndbendpostie r/r wouldn't be a bad call, extra rides for Hargreaves, Blackbird, Halsey and Jacobs could be the best answer in the circumstances.

I don't think we could have used Jon as his average is higher, whatever Dudley are riding at Buxton tomorrow.

If not Howarth there is little else bar perhaps Steve Worrall, but I agree 2ndbendpostie r/r wouldn't be a bad call, extra rides for Hargreaves, Blackbird, Halsey and Jacobs could be the best answer in the circumstances.

Would I be right in thinking Jacobs could get two rides as r/r, one normal and one as a reserve switch ?, or have the rules changed since I saw that done a few seasons ago. ?

Planning on going to this in my first visit to West Rowe this year tomorrow... any idea on confirmed line ups?

It's R/R for Brundle today, as you said earlier 2ndbendpostie probably a decent option considering the alternatives with both Birks and Howarth injured.

Would I be right in thinking Jacobs could get two rides as r/r, one normal and one as a reserve switch ?, or have the rules changed since I saw that done a few seasons ago. ?

Joe is allowed seven rides from reserve, so he could take one R/R and two reserve replacement rides.