British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pompey

British Gp 3d

No 3D TV for me or an HD lol We'll probably have the required TV when you're onto the next camera revolution :)

It didn't come over too well on the 10" portable, even with the aerial hanging out of the window.

Still, an enjoyable meeting and fair play to all the riders for battling through the snow storm.

Congratulations to the rider in light grey on winning the final, whoever he was.

Robbie B- Glad you enjoyed the 3D experience and the feedback that has been recieved from viewers and also from other broadcasters/ industry people has all been very good with some even saying it is better than football/NFL in 3D which is a credit to speedway and also the 3D production team.

As stated previously we would liked to have done the World cup meeting at Kings Lynn but it would mean taking up a lot of extra space on the terraces and reduced the crowd capacity further and what is likely to be a near sell out event so has been stopped at present.

I am confident that there will be some more 3D speedway this season maybe even before the play offs especially as we now have 3 3D only units available to us from our outside broadcast partners Telegenic who are obviously keen to get them out on the road earning money, I believe inside the next 6 months there will be a dedicated Sky sports 3D channel as content is improving all the time.

Diesel- No need to worry yet 3D is expected to remain a niche/premium product for another 3-5 years but which time they should have sorted glasses free 3D at an affordable price and normal HDTV is likely to remain for another 20 years plus

WATCHED the whole programme in 3D today ... fantastic, but not always in the manner I expected. It wasn't so much about riders coming out of the screen - in fact the actual racing wasn't really that different from HD - but the

different perspective, especially depth, that 3D provides is amazing.

Also, must pay huge credit to Sky for their 30 minutes lead programme prior to the parade which I thought contained some superb graphics and computer wizardry along with a terrific interview with Chris Holder. And Jonathan Greene, doing a Martin Brundle, along the pit lane was very entertaining.

Sky are street ahead of their rivals in many respects and it was encouraging to see speedway given the full monty by their production teams which couldn't have been better for major soccer events.

WATCHED the whole programme in 3D today ... fantastic, but not always in the manner I expected. It wasn't so much about riders coming out of the screen - in fact the actual racing wasn't really that different from HD - but the

different perspective, especially depth, that 3D provides is amazing.

Also, must pay huge credit to Sky for their 30 minutes lead programme prior to the parade which I thought contained some superb graphics and computer wizardry along with a terrific interview with Chris Holder. And Jonathan Greene, doing a Martin Brundle, along the pit lane was very entertaining.

Sky are street ahead of their rivals in many respects and it was encouraging to see speedway given the full monty by their production teams which couldn't have been better for major soccer events.

Always liked Jonathon Greene good to have him back, I shouldn't imagine we will see much of him unfortunately as didn't he go and work in the USA ?

Jonathan always had loads of enthusiasm and had a good rapport with the riders too.

a 3D steadicam

Was that the one on the rail, liked the shots from that for sure.

, but not always in the manner I expected. It wasn't so much about riders coming out of the screen -

I think you're suffering from the same misconceptions many have. 3D isn't all about things jumping off the screen. The whole point is to give a more realistic sense of depth. That's how our eyes work. We don't see things jumping out of the scenery at us. Well, not unless you've annoyed your wife and she's swinging a frying pan at your head!! :lol:

-------------------------------

Just for the record - I don't have a 3D TV and obviously don't have the Sky 3D package. Both are too expensive at the moment. In particular I think the Sky 3D package is a rip off. Yet another £10/month for very little content.

Just for the record - I don't have a 3D TV and obviously don't have the Sky 3D package. Both are too expensive at the moment. In particular I think the Sky 3D package is a rip off. Yet another £10/month for very little content.

Sky 3D channel is Free, to all Sky World customers.

The extra £10 per month is for the HD package, with which you get 53 channels in HD.

Sky 3D doesn't cost any extra...