British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

It wasn't? It was pretty full from where I was stood - ok, you could squeeze more people in standing around. But for King's Lynn, that's pretty packed!

According to the SGP site there were less than 5000 there.

A lot of empty space on my TV view.

KL holds about what 7000?

So NOT packed out at all as the commentators said.

Enjoyed the meet and GB did well.

Of course they won't get in the final but a good battling display would be nice.

Good to see the signs are Russia will compete rather than just be there.

They have an outside chance of winning the event.

Gizatulin will be a better choice than Artem Laguta. Should be a cracking meeting.

Pity Scotty is sitting it out but understandable.

One thing I found strange about the TV meet on Monday was how those insane commentators kept saying it was a packed stadium when it obviously wasn't.

Did they think they were doing a radio show. :rofl:

Re the"packed stadium".It was,I will concede,not Black Hole of Calcuttaesque but I'm sure you will agree that a stray fart would not have remained undetected for long and any rotating feline would have had a headache before the first twirl was complete :rolleyes::wink:

Ps Last year it was reported that the crowd was near 6000 yet despite considerably higher advanced ticket sales and what looked a bigger crowd to me and numerous others it was announced as being less than 5000 this year?

Depends how pedantic you wish to be over the interpretation of packed out. It was packed out in my opinion, it didn't look like a poultry farm but it was definitely pretty full.

Edited by TrueBee

Well, it was pretty difficult to move far, and if you moved your spot was lost. As others have said, it looked busier than last year.

Re the"packed stadium".It was,I will concede,not Black Hole of Calcuttaesque but I'm sure you will agree that a stray fart would not have remained undetected for long and any rotating feline would have had a headache before the first twirl was complete :rolleyes::wink:

Boodiful piece of work.

I wonder how much Emil would have put on the gate

and I wonder how much a bona fide Russian challenge would have put on the gate

Boodiful piece of work.

It is comforting to know that someone,somewhere values my offerings.I'm aware that they may at times be considered to be off the wall but I like to feel I provide a contrast to the more factual,serious and thought provoking posts from KKS,Stevebrum and Shovvie etc :blink::wink:

Edited by SLIGHTLY ROUND THE BEND

Well, it was pretty difficult to move far, and if you moved your spot was lost. As others have said, it looked busier than last year.

I am sure it was but it wasn't 'packed out' as the commentators said.

There were parts of the ground where one could easily swing the cat and there were parts where it was more difficult but 5000 in a 7000 stadium isn't packed out.

Yes there was a good crowd but it wasn't full and that is what they kept saying.

I wonder how much Emil would have put on the gate

and I wonder how much a bona fide Russian challenge would have put on the gate

Then it would have been packed out :rofl:

Another thing I found quite disturbing was that I was able to understand Tomas Gollob better than Chris Harris and that can't be right can it? :rofl:

Edited by pandorum

I am sure it was but it wasn't 'packed out' as the commentators said.

There were parts of the ground where one could easily swing the cat and there were parts where it was more difficult but 5000 in a 7000 stadium isn't packed out.

Yes there was a good crowd but it wasn't full and that is what they kept saying.

Have you ever been to Tesco (other supermarkets are available), come home and said, "Tesco was packed!"

It wasn't was it.

Or bought something from a motorway services and said, "It's daylight robbery!"

It isn't is it.

Or watched your favourite rider score a maximum and said, "He's on fire!"

I bet he wasn't.

Maybe the commentators should have said, "Good crowd here this evening, it's 71.42% full, no question."

Have you ever been to Tesco (other supermarkets are available), come home and said, "Tesco was packed!"

It wasn't was it.

Or bought something from a motorway services and said, "It's daylight robbery!"

It isn't is it.

Or watched your favourite rider score a maximum and said, "He's on fire!"

I bet he wasn't.

Maybe the commentators should have said, "Good crowd here this evening, it's 71.42% full, no question."

Brilliant! :cheers::lol:

I dont post on here very often but i have heard a rumour that Mr Middleditch is not terribly happy with the british side (and 1 rider in particular !!) due to an incident at the airport this afternoon !!!!

I dont post on here very often but i have heard a rumour that Mr Middleditch is not terribly happy with the british side (and 1 rider in particular !!) due to an incident at the airport this afternoon !!!!

Don't you just love somebody who only posts half a story??

I wonder which one that could be?

Gimme a B...