British Speedway Forum

Looking forward to watch Sam race Marty as he has my old number 66 (not Speedway).

Also i have found out that the Mildura Trots are on Thursday 22nd.

A Horse meeting and a Speedway meeting 2 days of each other = bliss ;)

Don't tell me you were no.66 in the trotts Ozy :rolleyes::D any tips, I know, don't gamble B)

Look forward to catching up Ozy & with you again Howard. Leave for Mildura tomorrow for the junior title so better get back to getting things organised. Just buggered up a tube putting on a new tyre, perhaps I should try doing it with tyre leavers instead of screw drivers :angry:

Mark.

Looking back on my post I was probably a bit harsh BUT like I said I brought 8 others with me, some speedway fans and some have been to about 2 meetings between them. We actually timed the track grades so teh 18 minute average is accurate! Try explaining to people why there is no food and only grog available whilst a 1950 tractor trundles round the circuit for 20 minutes.

My impression that the racing was processional was due to the fact that the dirt was smoothed out after every round so there was no advantage from wider lines etc. In fact there was really only one genuine line, and with riders like Sullivan, Adams etc. once they were out and onto that line, it was bye-bye. I have to agree with you that the racing was fast. It was probably one of the fastest meetings I have ever witnessed outside of Exeter!

I must admit I hadn't heard about Mick Poole. I apologise for my ignorance. I also know that Davey Watt and a few others elected to stay in the UK over the winter, but my point is that if this series of Aussie titles is to continue, then MA or another promoter should do more to ensure the best Aussie field is possible. If everyone is back then I dare say that a GP will follow. Make the non-qualified GP riders ride the weekend before for the Wild Card spots - only a suggestion. I would never have a go at Jason Crump as he rides the GC track when he can BUT surely MA could have done more to make him stay. I'm sure there'a bit more to this than face value, but I'm not having a go at Jason. This is one of the biggest things to happen to Aussie speedway for a number of years and I am positive that this will be the way ahead. Bring on the Ekka.

I got there at 6.25 and was told at the gate then that they had already had 2000 through the door then, so I was really guessing that approx another 1000 came in through the gates.

When I went to the toilet after the third round, there were a lot of people leaving at that stage. One of our group went during the 4th grade and he said there were still loads of people leaving. During the last round of racing we were able to dismount from the tyres (triple twist in pike position) to get near the 1st bend fence, where they were previously 5 deep.

I hope that Mike Hatcher has been able to put money in the bank and buy a road grader or at least a bigger blade for the tractor. The question has to be asked though, would the floating supporter return? As we generally get 600 people to a normal meeting and approx 2,500 turned up, that means there are 1500 floaters (?????) as I guess there were a few from interstate. Will we see 2000 for a normal club meeting? Easy answer is no? Not when you spend over an hour and a half watching a tractor at 10kmh.

No need for a smoking / non smoking area when bignbeefy is around, he is obviously an ex-tractor fan. :unsure::rolleyes::D:blink:

I hope they don't run out of grog at Gosford or Mildura. :o

M8 I was on turn 1 under the big tree!

Trackman, I must have been standing right next to you. I was standing on the tyres under the big tree on turn 1 with my 2 boys.

PS.

Are you going to Ivan's Longtrack meeting?

and do you know what riders are going to be there?

G'day Aussie

Troy Batchelor - Aussie Longtrack Champion, Sirg Schutebach - European Champion, Chris Watson, Craig Watson. The Harley Davidson's are back again this year, unlimited cc solo class, 2 valves and also on the programme the Australian Long Track Side car GP. There is a live band from 10pm - midnight. It will be a great nights entertainment. I am looking forward to it, if your 2 lads spot me, say G'day. ;)

Regards

M8 I was on turn 1 under the big tree!

Trackman, I must have been standing right next to you. I was standing on the tyres under the big tree on turn 1 with my 2 boys.

PS.

Are you going to Ivan's Longtrack meeting?

and do you know what riders are going to be there?

G'day Aussie

Troy Batchelor - Aussie Longtrack Champion, Sirg Schutebach - European Champion, Chris Watson, Craig Watson. The Harley Davidson's are back again this year, unlimited cc solo class, 2 valves and also on the programme the Australian Long Track Side car GP. There is a live band from 10pm - midnight. It will be a great nights entertainment. I am looking forward to it, if your 2 lads spot me, say G'day. ;)

Regards

G'Day Trackman,

We'll be there if it doesn't get washed out. Will keep an eye out for you. Got to make the most of what bike racing we get up here.

G'Day Trackman,

We'll be there if it doesn't get washed out. Will keep an eye out for you. Got to make the most of what bike racing we get up here.

A very good point Aussie, despite all the recent talk about the Aussie Championship the domestic season has been very very dissapointing this year, particularly in Queensland, with no action over the holiday period and very little else to look forward to.

A certain promoter of International events is now being sorely missed, DT had his knockers but he did provide us with plenty of talent and speedway action, something we are missing right now.

As for Saturday's Long Track, well I'm just not a fan of this version of our sport, my thoughts will be 900km down the road

Hope the rain stays away for both events.

We all love what DT did for Oz speedway. But its pissin it in Gosford feel sorry for Terry Poole.

The sun was out over Redcliffe today! :)

Regards.

PS

Its not going to rain. ;) & if you's can't see from the 5th row back! come to the 4th turn, I'm taking 2 or 3 new trucks from work, I can guarantee you a good clear view.

We can all keep one eye on the Ozi Titles at the same time!. "who's good at SMS" .

See you there B)

HI! TRACKMAN. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AT GOSFORD GIVE YOUNG BEN SHIELDS

A SHOUT FOR ME. (NOBBYH ON O.S.M. SITE)

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR MEETING REPORT !! A.S.A.P.

WILL YOU SEE BRYN THERE?

SEE YA!

HI! TRACKMAN. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AT GOSFORD GIVE YOUNG BEN SHIELDS

A SHOUT FOR ME. (NOBBYH ON O.S.M. SITE)

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR MEETING REPORT !! A.S.A.P.

WILL YOU SEE BRYN THERE?

SEE YA!

G'Day Namron

Good to see your post M8! I'm going up to Redcliffe to see Ivan's Long Track/Sidecar "Ozi Title". You will get the hang of Trackman. ;o)

I'm sure we can get you all the NEWS! from the two meetings, have a look from 9.30am Saturday. All the Best M8.

Regards.

PS.

Bryn has been!....... and gone! ;o) I've not seen him M8, but I have ring him & Chris Brown. B) 2 TIMES EACH! :approve:

The rain looks to be gone :)

We have been to the track and it looks sensational, practice at 12.30.

So get your backside trackside. :wink:

Here's wishing you all good luck ... :)

The LongTrack GP meeting has been cancelled until 7th February due to a number of riders not being able to get out of NSW due to flooding. :cry:

Regards B)

G'day all, just got back from the Gold Coast, I thought the 1st round was an absolute thumper on track except the grading, got in to look at the track @ 7am sat & straight away I knew the kids (3 & 4) would'nt be able to come to the meet (not child friendly like gosford).Got there a bit late 6.30pm & jagged a good pos in the stand. Didnt get to meet any of you. Maybe tonight or next week in mildura. Anyways, I've only just got enough time for a SSS, then i'm off to gosford. Hooroo....