British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brylcream boy

Camping At Cardiff

I am sure I have read on previous posts that quite a few people stay at a campsite nearish to the stadium, the camp site lays on transport for about £6 and then back to the campsite for a socialable evening. I have tried finding the post with no joy. Does anyone have any information or I have imagined it! Thanks for any assistance.

I am sure I have read on previous posts that quite a few people stay at a campsite nearish to the stadium, the camp site lays on transport for about £6 and then back to the campsite for a socialable evening. I have tried finding the post with no joy. Does anyone have any information or I have imagined it! Thanks for any assistance.

Not sure if its the same camp site that you are after, but we stay at Lavernock, search for Marconi on google and you should find it. Transport in from the camp site is a lot more than 6 squid though. You can walk down to the bus stop, and its then just a few quid return on the bus though! :cheers: See ya there next year!

It's surely no more than £15 for a taxi? So between 4 of you, it's nothing really.

15 divided by 4 = nothing...weird maths :wink:

We have been charged upwards of 25 quid for a taxi from the site, and then 25 quid back again. Using the bus is easy, drops you off and picks up very near the stadium.

I think I know the campsite you mean -- situated near the park ares? There is a waiting list and I was informed over a year ago to ring in January to see if there had been a cancellation--alas there had not! Unless my face didn't fit! :unsure:

We stayed at lavernock point - taxi was a fiver each there and the same back. Prob was cheaper on the bus but we couldn't be bothered walking down. Couldn't fault the camp site and we didn't mind paying the fiver each.

Why don't they allow camping in the stadium on the centre green?

Why don't they allow camping in the stadium on the centre green?

Dont be so bloody silly, where would the campers get access to water and toilet facilities? I cant see them running across the track during a race to buy a drink or hotdog...elf and safety and all that. It would be too crowded on there too, so very few tents could be pitched. Imagine the sight of tents in the background, with someone using a camping stove, as the winner is photographed on the rostrum. And how could people sleep with that noise around them. Just not feasible :rofl:

Edited by keef

Dont be so bloody silly, where would the campers get access to water and toilet facilities? I cant see them running across the track during a race to buy a drink or hotdog...elf and safety and all that. It would be too crowded on there too, so very few tents could be pitched. Imagine the sight of tents in the background, with someone using a camping stove, as the winner is photographed on the rostrum. And how could people sleep with that noise around them. Just not feasible :rofl:

Water would not be a problem, as long as they did not try to bring it into the stadium with them, and were prepared to pay the ridiculously inflated bar prices, and have the bottle tops confiscated. And, why restrict it to the centre green? A couple of tents pitched on the second bend could only add to the excitement. Riders from gates 1 and 4 on either side, and riders from 2 and 3 through the flaps. A Tonka toy tractor to mini-grade inside the tent...

Is this getting silly?

the ridiculously inflated bar prices

You'd love Wembley then... best part of 10% more for a pint than Cardiff.

Niamh

Thought that it may be a goer. Some 'travellers' on their way back from Appleby Fair might want an overnight pitch. Good grazing in the middle for the horse and all that. Might have a bit of tarmac left over from a job up the road (Brandon).

Reel 'em in. :rolleyes:

You'd love Wembley then... best part of 10% more for a pint than Cardiff.

Niamh

It is a different debate that we have already had, but I can get to Wembley in about 40 minutes, yet would MUCH rather go to Cardiff. And, to stay on topic, not much opportunity for camping in the Wembley area! A bit of dossing, perhaps...