British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahLapworth

Team Viking - Latest News

After 3 years as a "touring" team - Team Viking will have a new identity in 2012.

It is fair to say that there will be no more Viking tours but as most of you will be aware we have entered a team in the new 2nd half Midlands League which is going very well. I want to give the Vikings an identity that can relate to our midland base and therefore from next season we will be known as the "National Cash Advance" Mercia Vikings

Why this name? I wanted to use Tamworth Saxons however Tamworth was the capital of the ancient kingdom of Mercia which covered most of the modern day midlands and South Yorkshire (hence our home base Sheffield) and 2 I was never going to drop the Vikings name. We are proud of what Team Viking has achieved and now look forward to giving opportunities to up and coming British riders.

Cheers :cheers: :cheers:

:t:

Great news I am sure there would be people in the Tamworth area that would support the side, shame the old track went all those years ago.