British Speedway Forum

I can't believe that Kennett knew what was going on as if he was aware of a problem with his silencer after ht7 and knew he had been busted then surely his last three rides would have been affected by the knowledge that he had been found out. By winning his last three races I feel that he knew nothing about any tampering to his silencer and although I know nothing about the mechanics of it all, would the extra heat generated by them maybe cause things to break down internally after a period of time?

One thing is for sure Kasprzak, Nicholls and Stead certainly haven't tampered with them going by the results so far this season! :lol:

That was what i was suggesting, possibly didn't make it clear enough.

Just to make myself 100% clear - Until Eddie admits or is proven to be knowingly CHEATING I will support him and cheer him as a Coventry Bees rider, if admitted or proven however he (the same as anyone cheating in any way) should be punished severely.

Edited by beesfan81

The BSPA had to bring in the new silencers under the direction of the FIM the motorcycle world governing body.

No , they could of stuck with the Poles and said ```` off to the Fim.

Unlucky for Ed that he was the first one to get caught. Riders have been cheating since the sport stated so why the big uproar.

Are the fans that stupid or ignorant that they believe everyone sticks by the rules?

the biggest cheats in the sport are usually the more successful promoters

Personally think by the wording in Coventrys statement Eddie will be on his bike as soon as the control board have dealt with him . Rosco will have

been lining one or two new recruits up today, It could be a blessing in disguise

Went home last night very very disappointed with the performance of most of the Lakeside riders in a crucial crucial match in the play off race, but massively impressed by the performances of Coventry and especially Pawlicki, Morris and Kennett, who I thought thoroughly deserved their win. Also enjoyed watching Emil, no surprise that he hasn't mastered Arena, yet....

Still massively impressed by Pawlicki and Nick Morris, regardless of Heat 12 he still rode the track better than most of our team.

Really really disappointed with Kennett though. There was I saying last night that "this is the best I'd seen him ride here"!

He needs to be punished, if only to set an example and discourage others that may be tempted.

Hope there's a future for him in Britain.

I have to say that I was wondering how Coventry would respond, and massive massive credit to them for their statement, particularly for their comments on the examiners, and the fans of both clubs, and credit for the action they've already taken. Have to say the Bees management has gone up in my estimation considerably.

Especially considering that the 't1t for tat' counter protest against three Lakeside riders silencers has cost them their £500 payment to lodge the protest now that the Hammers riders have been exonerated !!! Will that be paid by Sadhu, Pratt, Rosco or petty cash I wonder ??? :shock:

Edited by NOBBY

That was what i was suggesting, possibly didn't make it clear enough.

Just to make myself 100% clear - Until Eddie admits or is proven to be knowingly CHEATING I will support him and cheer him, if admitted or proven however he (the same as anyone cheating in any way) should be punished severely.

Never been a fan of Eddie until this season when he has come on leaps and bounds, hopefully legally. He will be innocent until he admits any knowing of what was happening in my eyes.

this is the fault of all the idiots at the FIM ,they created this situation ,i suppose they didnt see this coming did they ? ,oh yes they did ,the truth is they dont give a rubbish cause they have already had their moneys worth of the silencers,eddies not the only one ,he,s just the one who,s got caught, still we got the briggo dirt (money scam)deflector issue to look forward to

Personally think by the wording in Coventrys statement Eddie will be on his bike as soon as the control board have dealt with him . Rosco will have

been lining one or two new recruits up today, It could be a blessing in disguise

Not quite sure how you see it as a blessing in disguise by getting rid of your best rider and trying to replace him at this stage of the season. :rolleyes:

I believe usual method of checking these things between races is looking for abnormal discolouration of the chrome. I don't fully understand it myself but people who are examining bikes at every meeting look out for certain give-away signs on the chrome which might indicate something different about the way the gases are going through the silencer. I don't think its a fool-proof test but it raises suspicions. Like a lot of things in life people who are doing a job all the time notice things or get a feel for things that other people don't.

All this raises the question of whether Roscoe knew what Kennett was doing. If the SCB examiner suspected something was wrong on a casual visual check then how come Roscoe, an ex-rider himself who knows all the tricks of the trade didn't notice anything ? Roscoe after all is working with Kennett all the time, every meeting so how come he didn't notice anything untoward . . Did Roscoe turn a blind eye ? I suppose we will never know.

Surely there must be more scientific ways of testing. I know nothing about speedway bikes, but if you're testing a silencer, surely a sensitive sound level meter, a pressure meter to measure the pressure of the exhaust gases or something to test the contents of the exhaust gases could be used. If you could get a short response time you could do this in situ during a meeting.

No , they could of stuck with the Poles and said ```` off to the Fim.

Unlucky for Ed that he was the first one to get caught. Riders have been cheating since the sport stated so why the big uproar.

Are the fans that stupid or ignorant that they believe everyone sticks by the rules?

the biggest cheats in the sport are usually the more successful promoters

Then you would probably not have speedway at the likes of Birmingham, Leicester or some of the ones who have got planning permission.

The Poles soon relented when they were probably told they would lose all their world championship meetings if they didn't change.

Hypothetically, let's say that Eddie said, "It appears my mechanic did something without me knowing. I've dismissed him and will never use him again. He's admniited this to the SCB, and assures them this was the first time it's happened. I accept that, as the rider, I should have checked my machine, and I will do so in future." What would you say?

I would say Eddie's mechanic last night was his Dad so its a bit for him to difficult to argue that one.rolleyes.gif Now we know why Dave Kennett threw a wobbler when the silencer was taken away.

If Eddie had not been caught he would have earned around £2000 points money last night, plus who knows how much from other meetings, so we can see why some riders might think its worth taking a chance if the risk of getting caught is small, and if they think they will only get a small fine of say £1500 as Madsen did. It needs a strong penalty as a deterrent.

Also think of the other riders. If a rider on an illegal silencer gets enhanced performance and beats riders with standard silencers he is in effect stealing points money from them that he doesn't deserve. It is dishonest.

The punishment needs to fit the crime. Any rider cheating needs to be hit very hard in the pocket otherwise there is no deterrent and the practice will carry on.

this is the fault of all the idiots at the FIM ,they created this situation ,i suppose they didnt see this coming did they ? ,oh yes they did ,the truth is they dont give a rubbish cause they have already had their moneys worth of the silencers,eddies not the only one ,he,s just the one who,s got caught, still we got the briggo dirt (money scam)deflector issue to look forward to

Indeed, and I look forward to seeing what those on sky have to say about it

Then you would probably not have speedway at the likes of Birmingham, Leicester or some of the ones who have got planning permission.

The Poles soon relented when they were probably told they would lose all their world championship meetings if they didn't change.

Quite possibly, that being the only positive of this meddling by the fim

I would say Eddie's mechanic last night was his Dad so its a bit for him to difficult to argue that one.rolleyes.gif Now we know why Dave Kennett threw a wobbler when the silencer was taken away.

If Eddie had not been caught he would have earned around £2000 points money last night, plus who knows how much from other meetings, so we can see why some riders might think its worth taking a chance if the risk of getting caught is small, and if they think they will only get a small fine of say £1500 as Madsen did. It needs a strong penalty as a deterrent.

Also think of the other riders. If a rider on an illegal silencer gets enhanced performance and beats riders with standard silencers he is in effect stealing points money from them that he doesn't deserve. It is dishonest.

The punishment needs to fit the crime. Any rider cheating needs to be hit very hard in the pocket otherwise there is no deterrent and the practice will carry on.

Is that right 'Dave Kennett threw a wobbler when the silencer was taken away' ??

Indeed, and I look forward to seeing what those on sky have to say about it

I really don't think Tatum is anti Coventry somehow, he can't get enough of Sayfutdinov!

I really don't think Tatum is anti Coventry somehow, he can't get enough of Sayfutdinov!

Ok and before Emil he couldn`t slate them enough