British Speedway Forum

To be honest, I doubt very much whether Eddie Kennet gives a shiny shoot what you think.

The only person who will ever know how guilty EK was, is the man himself. However much we discuss it on here won't change that fact.

The one certain thing that came out is that tampering has been taking place whether it be solely by Eddie or other riders as well. As long as the sport has benefitted in the long term, I can't see what good chewing the fat over the past will do.

As a Bees supporter, I totally agree that he should be punished for Saturday but who can say whether it was tampered with on the Friday before the meeting or 2 months earlier?

Examiners have checked the bike at other meetings and passed it as fit for purpose. Surely we should be bringing them to task as well for - if indeed it was done a while ago - not finding the problem sooner.

Really think we should move on now and let the authorities and Coventry hand out the punishments accordingly. No doubt some people will say the punisment is too lenient and others will say it is too harsh but we must accept them for what they are. :blink:

Alun Rossiter went on the Mike at the showground last night and said that at the end of the day eddie was the one that got caught he feels there are a lot more that havent been yet!!!!

So exactly what point was Roscoe trying to make ? Did he mean :-

A. He thinks there's lots more out there riding round completely unaware that their mechanics have tampered with their silencers.

-OR-

B . He thinks there are are a lot more that have knowingly tampered with their silencers but it was only poor old naive Ed who was the only rider whose mechanic never told him the silencer had been fiddled with.

-OR-

C. The fact that other people do it somehow justifies Ed doing it (ie a hamfisted attempt at damage limitation by Roscoe)

-OR-

D He is aware that a lot do it but it never crossed his mind for a moment that someone in his team might be doing it because he .....er ....warned them not to (!) , and is always on the look-out for such things (as a good TM should).

As always, we can rely on speedways own version of Max Clifford to make an embarrasing situation worse.

A. He thinks there's lots more out there riding round completely unaware that their mechanics have tampered with their silencers.

-OR-

B . He thinks there are are a lot more that have knowingly tampered with their silencers but it was only poor old naive Ed who was the only rider whose mechanic never told him the silencer had been fiddled with.

-OR-

C. The fact that other people do it somehow justifies Ed doing it (ie a hamfisted attempt at damage limitation by Roscoe)

-OR-

D He is aware that a lot do it but it never crossed his mind for a moment that someone in his team might be doing it because he .....er ....warned them not to (!) , and is always on the look-out for such things (as a good TM should).

As always, we can rely on speedways own version of Max Clifford to make an embarrasing situation worse.

As I see it, Kennett won't have been the only one doing it, but one of them had to get caught eventually. Eddie will surely be the only one to get caught because nobody will be stupid enough to continue with it now, but I think it could have been any one of a number of riders playing Russian roulette.

As I see it, Kennett won't have been the only one doing it, but one of them had to get caught eventually. Eddie will surely be the only one to get caught because nobody will be stupid enough to continue with it now, but I think it could have been any one of a number of riders playing Russian roulette.

Be interesting to see if any other riders have a dip in form now that they've had to stop tampering with their silencers. Holder had a stinker last night. :unsure:

Be interesting to see if any other riders have a dip in form now that they've had to stop tampering with their silencers. Holder had a stinker last night. :unsure:

yes

counted four riders with very poor performances all of a sudden, i wont name anyone as it will end in yet another slanging match

Alun Rossiter went on the Mike at the showground last night and said that at the end of the day eddie was the one that got caught he feels there are a lot more that havent been yet!!!!

Can I just clarify, perhaps with other people who were at Peterborough.

Is this truly what he said?

Did Mr Rossiter, a current holder of an SCB Track Official's Licence, really say publicly that he was genuine belief that other Speedway Riders are, or have been, using illegal silencers?

It is my understanding that as a Team Manager he has to sign the Meeting Certificate prior to the start of each match and confirm that all his riders' equipment conforms to the SCB regulations and that he undertakes to inform the Clerk of the Course if this changes during the meeting.

The meeting Certificate is a legal document that would be produced at say a coronor's inquest to show that all matters relating to the conduct of a meeting have been done in a proper manner.

It is difficult to see how anyone could sign such a certificate if he had not taken some reasonable steps to make himself pretty sure that his riders were conforming, isn't it?

And it is surely incredible, is it not, that a reasonable man would have some knowledge of the opponent team's trangression but not have protested to the referee or at least spoken to the opposing Team Manager to make him aware, just so that HE did not sign the meeting certificate with a false declaration.

I just find it extraordinary that he has felt able to make the public statement reported; and not have landed himself in a very tricky legal position.

Why would Edward? After all the crap Authorised came out with last winter claiming to be "In the know" and "Having official permission to issue information" who on earth would give a shiny shoot what he thinks?

Erm, I absolutely never did such a thing, and you are clearly confused, or quote me on it. Idiot.

To be honest, I doubt very much whether Eddie Kennet gives a shiny shoot what you think.

"To be honest" would be a start for you, little 'un and Ed.

Can I just clarify, perhaps with other people who were at Peterborough.

Is this truly what he said?

Did Mr Rossiter, a current holder of an SCB Track Official's Licence, really say publicly that he was genuine belief that other Speedway Riders are, or have been, using illegal silencers?

It is my understanding that as a Team Manager he has to sign the Meeting Certificate prior to the start of each match and confirm that all his riders' equipment conforms to the SCB regulations and that he undertakes to inform the Clerk of the Course if this changes during the meeting.

The meeting Certificate is a legal document that would be produced at say a coronor's inquest to show that all matters relating to the conduct of a meeting have been done in a proper manner.

It is difficult to see how anyone could sign such a certificate if he had not taken some reasonable steps to make himself pretty sure that his riders were conforming, isn't it?

And it is surely incredible, is it not, that a reasonable man would have some knowledge of the opponent team's trangression but not have protested to the referee or at least spoken to the opposing Team Manager to make him aware, just so that HE did not sign the meeting certificate with a false declaration.

I just find it extraordinary that he has felt able to make the public statement reported; and not have landed himself in a very tricky legal position.

Hes only said what a number of riders have said on twitter. Also, Rosco is unlikely to appeal every rider to make sure at a cost of £500 a silencer. If Rosco didn't know Eds silencer was illegal how can he know anyone else's is. It does beg the question though how he can be sure others are cheating.

"To be honest" would be a start for you, little 'un and Ed.

Well it appears you're calling me a liar. Would you like to back that accusation up?

The only person who will ever know how guilty EK was, is the man himself. However much we discuss it on here won't change that fact.

How do you work that out ? if Ek is guilty there is likely to be 2 or 3 people in on what he was doing .

Well it appears you're calling me a liar. Would you like to back that accusation up?

Jumping to conclusions again. Since you ask

How do you know that Ed Kennett doesn't give a shiny shoot what fans think...?

His statement suggests he might, "I wish to state my deep regret and offer my sincere apologies to the fans", far more than he does not!

If only you had stuck to attacking the post rather than the poster. Since you couldn't fault my post you behave like a child.

Edited by Authorised

Hes only said what a number of riders have said on twitter. Also, Rosco is unlikely to appeal every rider to make sure at a cost of £500 a silencer. If Rosco didn't know Eds silencer was illegal how can he know anyone else's is. It does beg the question though how he can be sure others are cheating.

I totally agree. But it is reported that he has said publicly that he thinks they are, didn't he?

I have to say , what a rider says on twitter is one thing BUT what a SCB Lisensed Official says over a tannoy at a meeting (and/or does in his Official Capacity at a meeting) are two very different things, are they not?

Edited by speedwayondisc

I'm not sure. It's hard to pin on Rosco what he said at Peterborough, you'll get 500 versions of what he said. A rider on twitter, well it's in black and white.

I do think if riders, managers, promoters or frankly even fans have a reasonable enough suspision someone is cheating, they should inform the BSPA/SCB as soon as possible. It doesn't have to be silencers, it can be carbs, engine parts or any other technical rule.

-OR-

-OR-

-OR-

or E. As I have been working very closely with the riders on their set-ups, I have to be very careful what I say and ensure that it is inline with the statement written for Eddie!! :wink: