British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tigerowl

Rider Replacement

We would all love to see a new team of youngsters i guess,but i think you have to give the development time,more than one season,Worrall and Birks and to an extent Irving broke into speedway last year and went well,yet this year,in year two they are all nigh on touching 9 point averages,so you would say year two has show huge progress again,[including all getting PL berths].i think two years is good time scale for rookies,

Also SG,you forgot to mention one of scunnys biggest assets,Stu Parnaby,his work with these guys is fantastic

I agree I think we all would Montie, whatever side of the fence any of us sit on any of the issues of the NL or British speedway. A few core ideals are clear, we want it to be successful in the future. We want more youngsters coming through. We want British speedway to be at as high a level as possible & successful.

And most people who post in the NL section would be the ones to go and support a team of kids. Or the youth championship & the future.

As you say development takes more than 1 season for most people at this level, so perhaps they could look at doing something on a 2/3 year timescale.

Yeah I did sorry Montie. Stu Parnaby deserves a mention :approve: (thanks for pointing that out).

We would all love to see a new team of youngsters i guess,but i think you have to give the development time,more than one season,Worrall and Birks and to an extent Irving broke into speedway last year and went well,yet this year,in year two they are all nigh on touching 9 point averages,so you would say year two has show huge progress again,[including all getting PL berths].i think two years is good time scale for rookies,

Also SG,you forgot to mention one of scunnys biggest assets,Stu Parnaby,his work with these guys is fantastic

Spot on montie.......we should also mention the really bad winter we had last year. a lot of the weekends were written off due to either "frozen track or snow" wasn't Scunny covered in snow for about 5-6 weeks and we were all fed up with the stuff lol. Dead right about Stuart Parnaby he's amazing with the youngsters,