British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve povey

Nathan Greaves

I went to to watch Panthers v Coventry Bees last Monday and stayed on to watch the youth speedway. I was very impressed with Nathhan Geaves in the 250cc class, very stylish and fast.he showed plenty of guts in the first race, his bike cartwheeled at the start and dumped him face first in the dirt!! However he got up and the restart won the race!!!!! he won the 2nd too but his bike failed on the start of the 3rd.

This lad has got real talent and deserves sucess.

Definitely agree, Nathan & his dad are really nice people too! Always chatty and smiling. Nathan has a fantastic style like you say, very quick and I hope he goes far in the sport! Definitely deserves it.

Saw Nathan ride at Brum tonight in the under 16 demonstration races and I was very impressed. Won both of them with absolute ease and looked at home. He was just flat out and hardly made any errors, the second race his time was 65.8 . National League times last week were around 62, so that isnt bad consider Nathan was on a 250cc bike too. He should be interesting to watch on a 500cc bike.

Hope he can make it in the sport and judging by tonight I reckon he could be a one to watch in the future.

Nice young man with a real talent.

I thought he looked a really good prospect. He handled that 250cc with all the confidence and ease that Crump handled his 500cc - no mistakes to speak of and full throttle into the corners. I can't believe anyone could have jumped on it and got much more out of it than he did. It will be interesting to see how he makes the transition to a 500cc. How old is he?

Thanks for the reply Nathan. What sort of time line do you have planned in terms of jumping on a big boy's bike? :wink::P Not too soon and not too late - It must be quite difficult to know when the time is right to make the transition to a 500cc.

I'm pretty sure I saw Joe Haines and Josh Auty ride in the U18's at Monmore on 500cc bike with special dispensation for their age given their ability on the bike. Certainly somebody did because I remember a forum discussion about whether they should be allowed too - with the majority coming down on the 'if you are good enough you are old enough' side of the debate.. I wonder whether you may be able to follow a similar path. :)

Hopefully next year i will be jumping on the 500cc and doing the british championships in that class because you have to be 14 to race the bigger machine

Hopefully next year i will be jumping on the 500cc and doing the british championships in that class because you have to be 14 to race the bigger machine

I was also at Perry Barr last night - very impressed with you young man (can someone please check the birth certificate? Can't believe such a youngster performed like that). Wishing you luck as you progress in the sport. Fancy making Perry Barr your home track?

Nathan will be practicing at Stoke on Monday. John his father and Nathan are lovely people and deserve success and i intend to help them anyway i can.

Did you know that Sam Ermalenko has taken Nathan under his wing? He has spotted the talent too...what a compliment!!!!

I thought he looked a really good prospect. He handled that 250cc with all the confidence and ease that Crump handled his 500cc - no mistakes to speak of and full throttle into the corners. I can't believe anyone could have jumped on it and got much more out of it than he did. It will be interesting to see how he makes the transition to a 500cc. How old is he?

He is just 13.

I meant to say in my previous that I thought I'd seen Auty and Haines at 14 on the 500's in the British U18's whereas it's usually 16-18 year old's and wonder whether you might be able to do the same. I just wasn't very clear.

In any case thanks for the reply and best wishes with the transition to 500's.

Did you know that Sam Ermalenko has taken Nathan under his wing? He has spotted the talent too...what a compliment!!!!

Oh dude and just when I was starting to warm to the lad. Why would he want to get involved with a crash-happy dirty doghead?!! :wink::P (someone explain the rivalry to Nathan so he doesn't get the wrong idea please - cheers :lol:)

He is just 13.

Cheers.

Seen him do a few second halves at Sheffield. Both Nathan and Robert Lambert certainly look a talent for the future. :)

Lets hope the BSPA are noticing the handful of very young riders coming through and equally lets hope they put their hand in the pockets to help them out (best way to spend a few quid of the Sky money). :approve:

I cant believe Nathan is 13. Handling of the bike and commitment into the bends was as good and better than some of the NL riders I watched in the Bulls vs Stoke match the week before.

He might have got some good shots from the helmet cam from Adam Ellis but in the first heat he was too far ahead to be seen.

Hope Phil can help guide him to bigger and better things. Best of luck for the future

Lets hope the BSPA do splash out , but i wouldn't hold your breath!! Sadly it seems in this country we do not support our yuth ridres lie say in Denmark or Germany. As you rightly say alittle sky money could help hugely.