British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Dudley Heathens V Birmingham Bulls

Brilliant night. 13 out of the 14 riders gave an excellent display on what was a tricky track. Fantastic to see Royno back to something like full fitness. But my man of the match? Without any shadow of a doubt it just HAS to be Robbo. 20 years since he rode competitive speedway and he score 7 paid 9 from 4 outings. It was a 110% heart and soul performance that was a privelage to watch. And if you want to tell me that he shouldnt have been riding because the NL has no place for older riders returning to the sport - don't bother 'cause I aint listening.

Brilliant night. 13 out of the 14 riders gave an excellent display on what was a tricky track. Fantastic to see Royno back to something like full fitness. But my man of the match? Without any shadow of a doubt it just HAS to be Robbo. 20 years since he rode competitive speedway and he score 7 paid 9 from 4 outings. It was a 110% heart and soul performance that was a privelage to watch. And if you want to tell me that he shouldnt have been riding because the NL has no place for older riders returning to the sport - don't bother 'cause I aint listening.

Neither am I..great performance

I too would like congratulate the riders of both sides on what was a difficult night with the weather and the track. Overall I was pleased with the efforts the Bulls showed, but I do think the score flatters us a little. The Heathens always looked good for the win, and their top 3 were much stronger. Still, combined with some great riding in the later stages (especially with both tacticals) and some bad luck for Dudley, which meant in the we could leave Monmore with a decent result.

Thought Jaime Pickard was our star rider, he looked quick in his last two riders. Garrity was good but its just a pity he cant gate for toffee :P . The jaw-dropping move he made in Heat 11 was incredible, he had so much speed when passing Morris on he back straight which took him into the 3rd/4th bend. Obviously the track was very greasy, especially I would imagine the inside. Most riders would probably lock up and get spat off their bike if they entered a bend at high speed on a wet track like he did. He didnt seem fazed at all which shows he has obviously talent. Its just I think he needs to improve his gating alot, if he is going to make it in the Premier League. Hopefully he will but then again I hope not as he so damm exciting when he doesnt gate. :party::drink:

Feel sorry for Ben Taylor, just what has happened to him. Scored 3 points against Stoke for us and 1 tonight. The effort was clearly there but perhaps he was trying to hard. James Sargeant did well, like Garrity captialised with the tactical ride in Heat 14 but did have luck as Roynon packed up on the line. Thought Luke Priest would do okay for us and he looked better then his score suggested. The Stoneman brothers I thought did alright, Danny got a decent score. Nathan only scored 1 but he looked on the pace, but a little bit over the place. However the kid has only just turned 15 and I dont suppose he has rode at Wolverhampton before. Could be one to watch, well worth a NL side taking a punt on him.

Thought Graham Reeve's performance as referee was diabolical to be honest. Heat 2 was just a disgrace, Nathan comes off and for whatever reason he doesnt clear the track. If a rider does not clear the track, the red lights should come on ASAP. Yet in this case, the riders continue to ride full throttle for another lap passing whilst he is standing on the wet and greasy track.He does put the red lights but only when the riders are completing the race, which could have been too late. He was near the airfence on bend two but even still, I have seen many riders come off there at Wolves. Referees make mistakes but a mistake of this kind when it could put a rider at risk shouldnt happen full stop.

He made a few other errors and waited an age to put the two minutes on in Heat 12 with rain falling but they dont matter as much as what happened in Heat 2.

Well Done Dudley and especially Mark Robinson, but pleased with the Bulls showing.

Edited by Brummie Kev