British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Mildenhall V Stoke - Ko Cup Final 1st Leg

A fellow Potters fan from Crewe !

Good first post - pity it had to be about such an unpleasant experience. I have always felt safe allowing my kids to roam at Loomer Rd, and hopefully the few idiots who spoil it won't be travelling on Saturday, otherwise I'll be keeping them close.

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

Ah, when i saw Cheshire in your name I had a inkling you were a fellow Crewey, Nice to hear from you sir.

Yep, i constantly see young kids roam around Loomer road with their friends, same with many circuits to be fair.

I'm too young to have children myself but if i ever do, I shall not be letting them leave my sight if these idiots or the like are about, home or away.

You know it's funny, if you listen to any long term speedway fan more often than not someone will have a story about "That 'Crazy John Smith' the ex rider who fenced opponents for a living and what a lark the fisticuffs in the pits were, I well remember him lamping that foreign rider Uja Nikabolokov and the bikes going down like dominoes! And what about that local derby where Bodgers Badgers beat the home team to win the league and they were surrounded by irate fans banging on the cars! Oh great halcyon days! The charecters! Now where's my pen, I'm going to write a stern letter about this despicable fracas last night, should all be banned and flogged, think of the children, the humanity of it all!!"

Edited by 40-38

it is unfortunately a sad fact that swearing is part and parcel of every day life,go to any football,cricket.rugby,speedway etc,and sadly go by any group of school kids and you will hear bad languese.if you barred everyone for swearing (i take it you include players riders etc) you would have half empty stadiums less speedway clubs and virtually no sport at all.

i take it MIMMO and friends you dont have a TV because of obscence chants by football fans and players, international rugby players etc.and what about the dramas and films where bad languese is used all the time.

mildenhall fans are noisy vociferous and create a great atmosphere which is enjoyed by everyone,the most crowded parts of the stadium are the fish bar john,s shop and the bar area,why do you think people and there kids sit there every meeting i dont condone the bad languese but alas as i said it is a sad fact of life nowadays.people with there kids sit there at every meeting because they are grown up adults and except unfortunally that this is part of everyday life.

where i was sitting the mildenhall fans in the stand clapped when lambert got up from his crash only for him to reply with a two finger salute nice these people you refer to never caused any trouble this was started by stoke riders in the pits.

MIMMO or should i call you MIKE why do you sit there every meeting and if you know who these people are why dont you confront them you dont because they are not causing and have not caused any trouble in all the years i have been going to mildenhall.

people are jealous of the fan base and great management team with have at mildenhall.

so mimmo sorry mike gutless people like you cause more trouble with your lies and untrue statements on the internet,get a life get real

long live the fen tigers there great fans and management.

There is a difference between swearing and aggressive behaviour - and it is the latter which is being criticised on here and none of us like to see at any event.

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

it is unfortunately a sad fact that swearing is part and parcel of every day life,go to any football,cricket.rugby,speedway etc,and sadly go by any group of school kids and you will hear bad languese.if you barred everyone for swearing (i take it you include players riders etc) you would have half empty stadiums less speedway clubs and virtually no sport at all.

i take it MIMMO and friends you dont have a TV because of obscence chants by football fans and players, international rugby players etc.and what about the dramas and films where bad languese is used all the time.

mildenhall fans are noisy vociferous and create a great atmosphere which is enjoyed by everyone,the most crowded parts of the stadium are the fish bar john,s shop and the bar area,why do you think people and there kids sit there every meeting i dont condone the bad languese but alas as i said it is a sad fact of life nowadays.people with there kids sit there at every meeting because they are grown up adults and except unfortunally that this is part of everyday life.

where i was sitting the mildenhall fans in the stand clapped when lambert got up from his crash only for him to reply with a two finger salute nice these people you refer to never caused any trouble this was started by stoke riders in the pits.

MIMMO or should i call you MIKE why do you sit there every meeting and if you know who these people are why dont you confront them you dont because they are not causing and have not caused any trouble in all the years i have been going to mildenhall.

people are jealous of the fan base and great management team with have at mildenhall.

so mimmo sorry mike gutless people like you cause more trouble with your lies and untrue statements on the internet,get a life get real

long live the fen tigers there great fans and management.

Although I salute your pride for your club, let me respond in a adult manner.

Swearing is not what is being discussed, I hear swearing at every sporting event, work day, walk home, work meeting and coming together with friends I ever taken part in. Frankly, swearing doesn't offend me.

In regards to my topic I was not complaining about swearing, we all do it at some point to support our team, I was refering to a host of personal abuse that I revieved by a small group of mildenhall fans. These people were a push bike length behind me and yet they screamed threats and insults towards me and my associates. This is not simply swearing with a pint in your hand at the speedway, this is HOOLIGANISM at its very worst, and shouldn't be tolerated or defended by anybody. Including the co supporters of the offenders.

By no means am I taring all mildenhall fans with one brush. Most of them are great, but to hint at the fact That all fen tiger fans are saints is a little over passionate if you ask me, same with any club in any sport. You will realise this when the same thing that happened to me happens to you, god forbid I hope it doesn't though

I'd like to think you'd see no trouble at Loomer.

Don't you believe it mate. Have witnessed plenty of incidents from a certain few Stoke supporters in the past with opposing fans.

I've also seen opposing riders gesturing towards the fans at Loomer, but cannot recall the Stoke fans trying to attack the rider because of it.

As i heard it, the Tigers fans were cheering while the Stoke riders were on the deck and not when they had got up, thats why Lambert gestured to the fans, however I wasn't there, so definilty not saying that the case. If Lambert did stick the fingers up when fans clapped when he got up, then thats pretty stupid, but is it worth ripping a fence down to get to him?

I'd like to think you'd see no trouble at Loomer.

Last time i was there they had trouble with the electrics :wink:

hi crewe stokie

i am 69 years old and still trying to work this computor thing out.have replyed to you under hooligans hope you can find it

Sorry sir, can't seem to find what your refering to

Sorry sir, can't seem to find what your refering to

This might be it?

I guess none of you guys went as an away supporter to Cradley or Kings Lynn in the late 70's and early 80's. Now, that was unpleasant.

Also been threatened with violence at Coventry, Wolverhampton, Eastbourne, Wimbledon & Halifax. The good old days....