British Speedway Forum

There would be no touching Plymouth's trio. Newport's last year was impressive but it would've only have been Gjedde who could constantly compete with Barker and Fisher. If Plymouth sign Lanham then I'll certainly be making a lot of trips to watch Plymouth. Plymouth will be seeing even more maximum's than last year.

A few seasons ago Workington were top heavy and didn't really get us anywhere, the heatleaders need back up as you will see as we did, alot of the heats ending in 3-3 .

Would boost Plymouth with Lanham but still think a mid table finish , there are better 1-7's in the league

May i ask why everyone is so keen to drop Boxall or has he packed up again ?

Im not keen to drop Boxall, but on the grapevine I hear that his demands were too excessive (in Mr Bowdens eyes anyway)

Fisher, Barker and Lanham would be the strongest top 3 I have seen a side assemble in the PL (if that was to be there side).

Add in Glanz and Gino who both have a point or so to add on their averages IMO. Plymouth will cause teams problems.

Its all well and good saying you need riders who will up their average but when you have 2 genuine 10 point mean, you don’t need much improvement from the rest.

Im not keen to drop Boxall, but on the grapevine I hear that his demands were too excessive (in Mr Bowdens eyes anyway)

Mike i don't think Lanham is the only Newport rider MB is interested in.

Edited by Devildodger

You're correct.

A few seasons ago Workington were top heavy and didn't really get us anywhere, the heatleaders need back up as you will see as we did, alot of the heats ending in 3-3 .

Would boost Plymouth with Lanham but still think a mid table finish , there are better 1-7's in the league

Yes, I agree. But now that Newport aren't running. I have little care for a teams strength in depth. I will just be going to meetings to see top racing and a Plymouth team with Barker, Fisher and possibly Lanham fit that bill perfectly.

Hang on a minute, the mood seems to be mainly posative over the last page or two of this thread instead of the usual complaints! This cannot be right....

Hang on a minute, the mood seems to be mainly posative over the last page or two of this thread instead of the usual complaints! This cannot be right....

It's just a shame Steve that one team proof's from one team's downfall, even if i'm a Plymouth supporter :cry:

Well I can't see Mr Bowden taking on Mellgren or Aspegren if its true that they cost a lot in travel expenses and Gjedde is a no go. Kurtz is the obvious thought although Jones has always been reasonable at out place.

Could we see Holder, Boxall and Franchetti gone for Lanham, Kurtz and Jones? Not saying it's right or even what I would do but something like that could happen! Although given Gino has only just re-signed I would suggest Jones is more unlikely that the other two.

Well I can't see Mr Bowden taking on Mellgren or Aspegren if its true that they cost a lot in travel expenses and Gjedde is a no go. Kurtz is the obvious thought although Jones has always been reasonable at out place.

Could we see Holder, Boxall and Franchetti gone for Lanham, Kurtz and Jones? Not saying it's right or even what I would do but something like that could happen! Although given Gino has only just re-signed I would suggest Jones is more unlikely that the other two.

:lol: I highly doubt it. That's almost half of the Wasps team :approve:

:lol: I highly doubt it. That's almost half of the Wasps team :approve:

Any why not? We had most of the Stoke team last year :neutral:

Still think its harsh on a rider(s) has been told he has a place(s), invest in equipment and prepare for the new season only to be told sorry, actually we're giving your place to someone else now. Not on!

• Like 1

So Plymouth have actually offered Lanham a team place. I don't think that's the wisest thing to announce when he is in two minds. Surely the Plymouth riders will be able to work out who Lanham would replace.. If Lanham decides against signing for Plymouth then surely there won't be good chemistry between one rider and the club. That rider will be knowing that the club preferred someone else and were on the edge of leaving him with no team at a very late time. Of course the likely rider is Boxall. It just doesn't seem like the greatest idea to make the offer public in my opinion.

Anyone agree/disagree? I'm interested to know what other people think.

So Plymouth have actually offered Lanham a team place. I don't think that's the wisest thing to announce when he is in two minds. Surely the Plymouth riders will be able to work out who Lanham would replace.. If Lanham decides against signing for Plymouth then surely there won't be good chemistry between one rider and the club. That rider will be knowing that the club preferred someone else and were on the edge of leaving him with no team at a very late time. Of course the likely rider is Boxall. It just doesn't seem like the greatest idea to make the offer public in my opinion.

Anyone agree/disagree? I'm interested to know what other people think.

Whilst i don't think the rider in question would be overly impressed, i don't think it matters a great deal regarding his on track performances. As Jim Bowen used to say on Bullseye, its pounds for points.