British Speedway Forum

Bowden need's to look at how Leicester have turned there team around from last year after they finished bottom, they are now second in the PL, where are the Devils second bottom, now that's the way not to do it, but with someone like Bowden at the helm only thinking about how much money he can make, and not caring one bit about putting together a balanced team, what do you expect, what we have, a team at the bottom end of the PL.

Edited by Devildodger

Is there any news yet about a new promotion it must happen soon

Bowden need's to look at how Leicester have turned there team around from last year after they finished bottom, they are now second in the PL, where are the Devils second bottom, now that's the way not to do it, but with someone like Bowden at the helm only thinking about how much money he can make, and not caring one bit about putting together a balanced team, what do you expect, what we have, a team at the bottom end of the PL.

Leicester are a bit of a strange one this season for me, they've never struck me as being spectacular and none of their riders have significantly improved their starting averages (granted rolling averages don't tell the full story) but they've plugged away and got results. I felt at the start of the year that like Plymouth they'd be too top heavy but the bottom end have chipped in, not massively but they've done their bit and when that happens and the top end perform like they should, you get the results.

Bowden has never built his teams any other way. We could go back to the very first year of NL racing when it was Seemond, Chris Johnson and Lee Smart as the big hitters. He has continued in that mould throughout all of the seasons relying on having a reserve that comes up trumps. He got that with Glanz, Hopwood and Starke in the NL yet we only ever won one trophy!

In the PL he has continued in this vein and whilst it's still rumour at the moment, I'm praying that a new promotion come in not only to promote the club in the professional manner that both the fans and the Premier League deserve but also to provide a more balanced team that may be able to challenge for a trophy (or maybe just an away win)!

Leicester are a bit of a strange one this season for me, they've never struck me as being spectacular and none of their riders have significantly improved their starting averages (granted rolling averages don't tell the full story) but they've plugged away and got results. I felt at the start of the year that like Plymouth they'd be too top heavy but the bottom end have chipped in, not massively but they've done their bit and when that happens and the top end perform like they should, you get the results.

Bowden has never built his teams any other way. We could go back to the very first year of NL racing when it was Seemond, Chris Johnson and Lee Smart as the big hitters. He has continued in that mould throughout all of the seasons relying on having a reserve that comes up trumps. He got that with Glanz, Hopwood and Starke in the NL yet we only ever won one trophy!

In the PL he has continued in this vein and whilst it's still rumour at the moment, I'm praying that a new promotion come in not only to promote the club in the professional manner that both the fans and the Premier League deserve but also to provide a more balanced team that may be able to challenge for a trophy (or maybe just an away win)!

I just hope that if someone do come in and take over the club they don't ask Bowden for any advice :rofl:

So Holder now moves to reserve with Glanz moving into the main body, so no more guesting for Ben Reade. Given that Nicki wont be riding again for Plymouth this season that leaves 5.94 to replace him with or its R/R for the rest of the season. Anyone know when the new signing deadline is? Got to be around now surely?

17.6.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 12th September with the effective date being 15th

September, except for Riders returning to the Team after injury.

Thats the one Mikey

Will be very interesting to see what Bowdens does, he won't want to spend any money, so we will just have to wait and see, when has Bowden ever looked at the rule book, i think i saw it in the toilet down at the track :wink:

Edited by Devildodger

17.6.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 12th September with the effective date being 15th

September, except for Riders returning to the Team after injury.

Thats the one Mikey

Why thank you Dave :)

Hold on things might not be as they seem.

The jungle Tom Tom`s have been beating. It seems that Ben Reade is still in the teams 1 to 7 allegedly.

Now the only way that this is possible is for the team to be Re declared yet again with the exception of Nicki Glanz. That way Holder stays in main body, Reade is actually signed as a member of the team and fits at reserve along side Anderson.

1. BARKER......9.66

2. FISHER.......9.05

3. GATHERCOLE..6.51

4. KURTZ.......4.80

5. HOLDER......3.54

6. READE.........3.00

7. ANDERSON...3.00

That is the only way it can work. WATCH THIS SPACE.

Edited by keyham

Hold on things might not be as they seem.

The jungle Tom Tom`s have been beating. It seems that Ben Reade is still in the teams 1 to 7 allegedly.

Now the only way that this is possible is for the team to be Re declared yet again with the exception of Nicki Glanz. That way Holder stays in main body, Reade is actually signed as a member of the team and fits at reserve along side Anderson.

1. BARKER......9.66

2. FISHER.......9.05

3. GATHERCOLE..6.51

4. KURTZ.......4.80

5. HOLDER......3.54

6. READE.........3.00

7. ANDERSON...3.00

That is the only way it can work. WATCH THIS SPACE.

As per the team declarations dated 23/08/2012 issue 20 Ben Reade is NOT in the Plymouth 1 to 7 follow http://www.speedwaygb.co/issues12/pl12_dec_20.pdf

I agree and that is why I posted he would have to re declare again if allowed to do so.

I am only going on the rider himself stating "all is as was and he is in" which he himself stated.

Edited by keyham

I guess it all lies with what facility is granted to cover for Glanz who it has been reported as with holding services, if a NL guest then Reade can continue in the team without re-declaration.

lets just say whats in the paper is (my word) wrong. cant use his. He (Ben) made contact as he knew nothing about this and that is when he came back and said all is sorted still in, and paper ****. Thats all I know. :t: Very true NJT its what FACILITY is granted that matters.

Edited by keyham

I guess it all lies with what facility is granted to cover for Glanz who it has been reported as with holding services, if a NL guest then Reade can continue in the team without re-declaration.

IMO he should not be granted a facility for Glanz as none payment for services rendered means that Glanz has the right to withdraw his services until full payment is received, let’s face it if you don't pay BT for your phone line then they will withdraw the service to you until you pay your bill in full and I believe that all riders have the same right without the promotion being granted any facility to replace them, a facility seems like the BSPA is condoning the promoter not to pay his bills

• Like 1