British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Mildenhall V Stoke Nl Po Sf 2nd Leg

well the play offs might be entertaining,but has a stoke supporter for 32 years they have knocked the stuffing out of me and i certainly wont be seen inside a speedway stadium again.

Bit harsh, they gave it their all yesterday and have been excellent value at Mildenhall this year - oh, and by the way they finished top of the league, and you have the home leg of the KO Cup final to come - apart from that I can see where you are coming from :shock:

Considering they were 3 riders down yesterday ( hope all are O.K. ) they really gave it a go - and coming 1 week after an eventful meeting the first two riders out shaking hands with the Mildenhall riders after Ht 14 were Lambert and Pickard, fair play lads that shows a bit of class.

Love him or hate him Malcolm has done a superb job for you this year, stick with him.

Kev

well the play offs might be entertaining,but has a stoke supporter for 32 years they have knocked the stuffing out of me and i certainly wont be seen inside a speedway stadium again.

I'm sure we all hope this won't be the case but the sentiment you present is one I can certainly understand.. The words 'baby' and 'bathwater' spring to mind..

Bit harsh, they gave it their all yesterday and have been excellent value at Mildenhall this year - oh, and by the way they finished top of the league, and you have the home leg of the KO Cup final to come - apart from that I can see where you are coming from :shock:

Considering they were 3 riders down yesterday ( hope all are O.K. ) they really gave it a go - and coming 1 week after an eventful meeting the first two riders out shaking hands with the Mildenhall riders after Ht 14 were Lambert and Pickard, fair play lads that shows a bit of class.

Love him or hate him Malcolm has done a superb job for you this year, stick with him.

Kev

hello what hell are you talking about,its speedway in general im cheesed off with ,nothing to do with my beloved potters.

Well done Mildenhall. Best team over the two legs. Whilst I am devastated at Stoke not qualifying for the final I really enjoyed yesterdays meeting. I thought Simon, Jamie, James and Ben were outstanding. Best wishes to Gareth and Tim. I have to admit it is a great set up at Mildenhall. The atmosphere was tremendous and the track was superb. A couple of observations from me. Fantastic to see Chris Louis, Michael Lee, Rob Henry and Kevin Jolly so passionate and supportive. Secondly what an outstanding announcer. Very well informed and superb presentation.

We have shared a bit of verbal jousting this season Roguetrader but thats a nice post, on the subject of the announcer Kevin Long, I could not agree more with you,his return to the club this season has given everything a more proffesional feeling to the presentation, I know he comes on the forum so I am sure he will be pleased to see your comments.

- oh, and by the way they finished top of the league,

who finished top???? i wasnt aware that the league had finished yet

who finished top???? i wasnt aware that the league had finished yet

I think the chances of Scunfield finishing their fixtures pretty low, now the weather is closing in and particularly if they win the play offs.

I think the chances of Scunfield finishing their fixtures pretty low, now the weather is closing in and particularly if they win the play offs.

One is on friday at Lakeside and then that leaves nearly a month to fit the Newport one in,so every chance we could,tough to get two away wins also to be fair but no reason why we shouldnt

Its not Scunnys,or the other teams fault that Newport scrub fixtures due to no medical cover,then put training days on,with medical cover i guess!!!

Edited by montie

One is on friday at Lakeside and then that leaves nearly a month to fit the Newport one in,so every chance we could,tough to get two away wins also to be fair but no reason why we shouldnt

Its not Scunnys,or the other teams fault that Newport scrub fixtures due to no medical cover,then put training days on,with medical cover i guess!!!

It is possible for you to top the League with two 4 point wins. However there is more chance of the Pope riding a speedway bike than Newport giving you a date for your away fixture! To keep it in perspective finishing top is irrelevant. All it means is that you qualify for the play offs.

It is possible for you to top the League with two 4 point wins. However there is more chance of the Pope riding a speedway bike than Newport giving you a date for your away fixture! To keep it in perspective finishing top is irrelevant. All it means is that you qualify for the play offs.

Thats true.its a good job there is play offs then when you have clubs who cant complete there meetings!!

Perhaps if we started a bit earlier, and put the KOC on later, concentrating on league first we would finish easily ! Trouble is after the cut off - what's in it for the lower down teams - particularly those who don't get big crowds ?

Stoke have been a credit to the national league this season,must admit tho after being in the premier for so long and hearing they were dropping down wasn't my cup of tea, but they topped the league virtually all season. and there was some cracking racing at loomer road, just feel sorry for them, so close but yet so far away,But just like to say thanks to all the stoke riders this season,you did brill. :rolleyes:

I suggested to Malcolm that he ask DT if they'd have some sort of event, even if just in the bar at Loomer, so we could thank the riders for all their efforts this year. He said it wasn't his cup of tea personally, but he would ask.

I suggested to Malcolm that he ask DT if they'd have some sort of event, even if just in the bar at Loomer, so we could thank the riders for all their efforts this year. He said it wasn't his cup of tea personally, but he would ask.

Maybe they could combine it with the 'fans forum' that was going to be held at the beginning of this season??... :lol::rolleyes:

I cannot believe some of the comments being aimed at Malcolm Vasey on here by some! No only is he a geniune and decent man he is as knowledgable about 3rd tier speedway as anyone and tactitally on the button. I rarely agree with Montie but his comments on Malcolms achievements at Stoke and Scunthorpe are spot on, well said!!

i do not no mr varsey sorry vasey so carnt comment on him as a person !

I can only comment on what i saw and he was walking around appearing to be lost was what i meant .

you must have noticed that silly walk/run thing he does my mother likens him to a cross between john cleese and cat weazle ( apparently a funny wreastler with no teeth ?)

he maybe " probably be the best" team manager in the world, but he does look lost with a stupid :icon_smile_clown: walk fact .

he has done a good job when you look that stoke are at the top !

scunthorpe must be gutted they sacked him :sad: ?

I carnt think what reception len silver would get if he started to walk round like a flower pot man ?

maybe this is the key to success come on..... rossco/middlo... next time your on sky do the malcom walk!

its the future :party: , and "probably the best walk in the world "

lets hope the tigers win the league.

if they do please can we see a silly walk from chris/mike an rob !

one thing i dont understand was why did stoke disadvantage there selfs bye riding the home leg first ?