British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Sweetman

Bank,s Olympique 18/10

Congrats to Freddie, 5 titles in the last 6 years, superb! Pretty good meeting tonight, some good overtaking. Would have been a lot more interesting had PK not been excluded (wrongly I feel) in one ride and had Bomber not fallen challenging for the lead. Sowka looked decent, could be a good rider.

A good line up for this one and possibly the largest crowd of the season too.

Freddie was back on his true Monmore form and eased through his rides dropping his only point to Scott Nicholls who yet again put on a battling display around The Green proving he is much better than his 7.5 average suggests and will no doubt have a long list of clubs interested in him next season if the one 8+ rule stays in place.

Bomber too showed his liking for the WV2 circuit and his only bleamish was his fall when in a comfortable scoring position but those dropped points ensured his chances of winning had gone. Ty Proctor was steady and picked up some extra points when Tyson Nelson shed a chain on the final turn of heat 12, Bomber fell in heat 15 and Nicolai drifted too wide in heat 17.

Iversen and Klindt did well after both getting excluded in heat 1 and PK can feel unlucky not to have had a podium finish after wrongly being excluded in heat 11 when Iversen forced him to fall entering turn one while Barker battled well with some wide moves close to the air fence.

Salamsson and Morris were really the whipping boys but both were involved in the action with Wells, Ludvig and Nelson having some decent rides. That leaves 17 year old Polish rider, Lukasz Sowka who struggles to gate but once going, riswa well and was on the pace with some decent scorers.

Good to see Hans Nielsen again who still looks the same weight as when he retired.

A pretty decent meeting with some commited racing.

Freddie yet again a worthy winner, in truth there wasnt anyone to touch him.

Barker had a superb battle with him in there last outing and looked equally as quick but otherwise was barely touchable. Nicholls was the only rider to beat him but he had the advantage from the gate.

Impressed with Sowka. Looks a tidy rider full effort and wasnt at all intimidated by Monmore.

Salomonsen did better than his score suggested and was on the pace as well.

Have been very impressed with Nelson each time he has been at the Green even gated on Nicholls in heat 1.

The barmy exclusion of PK in heat 11 stuned everyone as it looked clear cut that Iversen just rode him to the fence.

Ty, Ricky and Ludvig had there moments with Ty just missing out on the rostrum - he certainly pushed Bomber in the run off.

Talking of Bomber interesting to see him do a U turn to get to the Chippie on the way out. Healthy diet in the close season maybe? :wink:

Great to see Sqora back and had 2 good wins and we got 1 donut. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm donuts!!!!!!!

Morris had a good ride in heat 17 and was well on the pace.

£18.00 admission - not happy!

That extra £2 is going to take a long time for you to recover from isn't it...

Ha Ha - It just narkes me off as to why £2.00 extra???????????/

Not much you can do when you get there....

Because it always is, and you get fireworks for £2 :neutral:

Ah - now i know - it was for the fireworks :lol:

Maybe i dont love speedway enough any more to pay £18 for an individual where i dont care who wins

Sad times really...... :(

Edited by guestie8

Ah - now i know - it was for the fireworks :lol:

Maybe i dont love speedway enough any more to pay £18 for an individual where i dont care who wins

Sad times really...... :(

Silly question perhaps, but if you don't care who wins, why were you there ? :unsure:

Silly question perhaps, but if you don't care who wins, why were you there ? :unsure:

To meet up with mates who dont care either....we must be madLOL

Any feedback on Novratil?

scored 3 points mostly gifted. however he got stuck in and had a decent go.

scored 3 points mostly gifted. however he got stuck in and had a decent go.

At just 16 that'll do! The recent Olympique Yanks have all been in their 20's so much time for Austin.

20 heats not 15