British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Heathens 2012

Dan worked three jobs to raise enough to get a bike last year and get back on track and is totally self-financed. I have been talking to some potential sponsors for him but as yet nothing concrete. Anyone interested in sponsoring him can e-mail me : laurenceogers@blueyonder.co.uk

Im sure Main Man might be able to give you a more definitive list of meetings he rode in & his scores but from checking updates:

(both) @QM Vs Kings Lynn he scored 7+1(5) (i texted the updates so they best be right) and Vs Scunfield he scored 10+1(5) when Main Man texted results.

Im not 100% certain if he rode more meetings than that for the Hornets but he did ride for Birmingham and scored 3+1(5) at Stoke.

Edited by Feelthebuzz

Im sure Main Man might be able to give you a more definitive list of meetings he rode in & his scores but from checking updates:

(both) @QM Vs Kings Lynn he scored 7+1(5) (i texted the updates so they best be right) and Vs Scunfield he scored 10+1(5) when Main Man texted results.

Im not 100% certain if he rode more meetings than that for the Hornets but he did ride for Birmingham and scored 3+1(5) at Stoke.

I have never texted results !!

Dan rode his first away match at Buxton and was beset by bike troubles (will check what he scored later) and at Belle Vue where he had an exclusion and a fall whilst challenging for the lead with his throttle cable was jamming and a lot of hard work in the pits kept him on track and I will look at his score there when I get home but I do remember , as I was team manager that night, he was unlucky not to get 9 or 10 points.

He was due to come out in ht 15 against Scunthorpe but the air fence was damaged beyond a quick repair and the race was not staged other wise he would have scored more but his paid 11 included a fall and remount to get a point from behind .

Thanks both. The gist of it sounds very promising indeed, but I suspect the club will have to just keep on eye open for potential gremlins unless he can secure some solid backing.

3 Jobs! so he could get back on Track, well he certainly deserves some luck, anyway MM YOU know the Heathens fans as well as anyone, and if they can see he is trying, YOU know they will get behind him, whilst we may not come up with a main sponsor, i am sure they will come up with bits and pieces, and HSSC does a fair bit with the 50/50 draw.

anything would be appreciated ..he is a great lad and one with bags of potential. Have already had a few e-mails back that hopefully might lead to some help ...so thanks ..and keep them coming !!

Do you have his scores by any chance?

He also score a fair few at Stoke toward the back end of last season I seem to remember. Although I have never seen him (to my knowledge) he does come highly recommended from our old friend Laurence (or is it Main Man?) and that is good enough for me. After Dan Stoneman had been given the red light, of all the riders that were available with a 3 point average he is probably the most experienced at a competitive level and am looking forward to seeing him no end. Having said all that, lets give the lad a chance to settle in and get round turn 2!!!

Injuries permitting, I reckon 2012 should be "the year of the Heathen" and we certainly shouldn't be overawed by any of the teams that have been announced as yet.

Welcome to Dan, BIG thanks to those involved in getting him a ride at Dudley and most important of all -'OMMER 'UM!!!!!

Cheers mate.

So from those meetings his average was 4.20. Take out the nightmare night at BV, which looks/sounds like one of 'those' nights, and it was 5.33. If we split the difference I would be happy if he was averaging around 4.75 at the end of the season.

So there you go Dan, I've set an unofficial average target for you. :lol::P

Will - Loving the profile picture. Two Heathens legendary Team Managers. :lol:

Cheers mate.

So from those meetings his average was 4.20. Take out the nightmare night at BV, which looks/sounds like one of 'those' nights, and it was 5.33. If we split the difference I would be happy if he was averaging around 4.75 at the end of the season.

So there you go Dan, I've set an unofficial average target for you. :lol::P

Will - Loving the profile picture. Two Heathens legendary Team Managers. :lol:

we have an average target set up and I think I know what Dan is capable of. We had a long chat on the phone last night and he is getting things in place and needs a bit more sponsorship to get everything set up ---so please let me know if you can help !!

Edited by Main Man

I'm sure you realise that my comment was very much a light-hearted one. What every team needs is strength in depth and average improvement throughout the team, or at the very least from the majority in the key positions. We have that potential and shouldn't need to place unrealistic expectations on Dan. We should only need solid contributions in the reserves' heat and the odd points against his opposite number. Anything else will be a bonus.

I've got my eye on a £40m pay out tomorrow evening. I'll let you know if it comes off. :D

I'm sure you realise that my comment was very much a light-hearted one. What every team needs is strength in depth and average improvement throughout the team, or at the very least from the majority in the key positions. We have that potential and shouldn't need to place unrealistic expectations on Dan. We should only need solid contributions in the reserves' heat and the odd points against his opposite number. Anything else will be a bonus.

I've got my eye on a £40m pay out tomorrow evening. I'll let you know if it comes off. :D

Hey there's a queue for that and I am sure I must be at the front by now !!! ;)

Edited by Main Man

I await the announcement later today of the New Riders Coach, to assist Will P the Team manager, and obviously the riders, the word on the social network sites is it could well be Former World champ, and Heathens favourite Jan O Pederson, it is known that he is house hunting in the local area again, if it is, then it can only be good news for riders and team alike, bring it on.

Think all the team need some more sponsors not just dan i know ashley does and darryl does and think the rest of the team do to, These are hard time for all even the lads with sponsors aren t getting as much as people think as been said before the managment will pass numbers of any rider on to a possible sponsor.