British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2012

Unfortunately, that's pretty much what seems to have happened. I loved Tim last year, and hope that if we do move to the PL, he would join us on a 3, but his average is high when compared to others, and it is an averages game. Richie Worrall on 7.75 represents, to me, better value than Tim. In an ideal world we would have both, but I trust Malcolm in his team building.

Another top rider signed also i hear so Stoke looking good for next year

Another top rider signed also i hear so Stoke looking good for next year

I hope you are right. We came so close to winning things last season, it would be a shame to find ourselves languishing towards the lower end of the table this season. Hopefully we can go one step further this year and win something!

I hope you are right. We came so close to winning things last season, it would be a shame to find ourselves languishing towards the lower end of the table this season. Hopefully we can go one step further this year and win something!

Stoke? Win something? Nah, not gonna to happen :wink:

sorry to hear about Tim and James ,how about trying Buxton lads they need to strenthen up and are local to Stoke ps wy is my warn status still on

Edited by bw double

Stoke? Win something? Nah, not gonna to happen :wink:

How much did Sheffield win last season? Nothing?

How much did Stoke win last season? NL Pairs...

1-0 my friend.

And we even used a Sheffield rider to do it. At least he got success at a proper club ;)

How much did Sheffield win last season? Nothing?

How much did Stoke win last season? NL Pairs...

1-0 my friend.

And we even used a Sheffield rider to do it. At least he got success at a proper club ;)

Completely forgot you won the pairs last season :oops: Must've been weird seeing some pigs flying over Loomer Road. :P

Completely forgot you won the pairs last season :oops: Must've been weird seeing some pigs flying over Loomer Road. :P

Top of the league

KoC Finalists

Pairs Champions

British Ice Open Champion (Yes, I'm counting it)

I think that covers it for last season ;)

Feel sorry for Tim and James, on there day two very good riders, who always entertain the crowd, just goes to show when your average is high, you get punished for it, both riders have improved and now have been told they,re not in the team next season, So much for team building,

Dont understand your final comment, its not Stokes fault??

Stoke final GSA for their side was 47.10 according to the BSPA site, the limit for team building is 40. Something has to give to get within the limit for 2012.

Webster and Sargeant total 14.90, so the that brings the total down to 32.20, so adding Worrall brings it back to 39.95. That suggests at least one more rider from the top five will miss out to enable a side within the team building limit.

Unfortunate but thats speedway, and the price of success as Scunthorpe, Belle Vue and Mildenhall have also found out..

Edited by PhilK

Stoke final GSA for their side was 47.10 according to the BSPA site, the limit for team building is 40. Something has to give to get within the limit for 2012.

Webster and Sargeant total 14.90, so the that brings the total down to 32.20, so adding Worrall brings it back to 39.95. That suggests at least one more rider from the top five will miss out to enable a side within the team building limit.

Personally, I can't see Lambert or Isherwood being back, so thats another 14 points there for 3 riders, and that's assuming that Pickard doesn't go to Dudley (Now that Wolves own his contract) and Atkin is fit and ready for another season!

If not, it could be all change.

I would be happy with Ben Reade back, and Tim Nobes could be in contention. Past that, who knows.

Can't see Pickard being at Dudley next year, according to management last week Pickard ain't in any team building plans. So he may be back at stoke

in my opinion i think webster is over rated and the potters are better of with worrall in their ranks,best of luck to webster though i hope he soon gets another team and he makes me eat my words.

I think the only survivors of this year's team will be Atkin and Pickard - they bigged Jaimie up at the end of season do and I was talking to Tats there and he more or less said Tony would be in if he wants to ride. Then again he also said he would sign Tim ! Ben Reade is a possible - fingers crossed.

.... and Vog - you can never write Gaz out of the team ! :wink::rofl:

There are rumours that Birks maybe headed our way - but his average is very close to Tim's.

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

I don't think Tim is over rated - he was pretty consistent scoring high points, until he wrote off two bikes in one meeting. Took him a while to adjust to his new machinery, but then injuries took their toll. He's also a good bloke who makes time to talk with the fans

I'm not knocking Worrall though - he rode well for us and against us - glad to have him in the team, just sad it's at the expense of Tim/ James - my son's gutted they were his two favourite riders - but sadly that's speedway

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

There are rumours that Birks maybe headed our way - but his average is very close to Tim's.

I'd heard the same whisper...but maybe it was a straight choice between the 2?

I'm really sorry to see Tim go, he's a good lad and a good talent, I know he's gutted. I hope he gets a ride soon as I know he's worried his high average will count against him.

Also sorry to see Sarj go - when on form he is so exciting to watch.

I'd have Tim in my team next year, really impressed with him when he came to Sheffield :approve: