British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2012

POTTERS FANS, I am a student covering the Speedway at the local University. Here is a link to my channel with all interviews from Press and Practice as well as a preview to the 2012 season. Please feel free to make comment on the videos as well as sharing the link. http://www.youtube.c...Q?feature=watch

Well done young man. For someone like myself who doesn't know any of the riders, it is great to hear their and Malc's views. Would of been interesting to hear Dan Berwick, but all in all a very interesting project you have there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement. I know Vog saw a little bit more of him last weekend than I did and if I remember his quote correctly that he rode "solidly" or something like that. i too wish him well and that he doesn't try to make things happen too quickly for him and we as supporters give him the chance that Malc thinks he deserves. Nobody knows this area of speedway better than Malc and we have to trust his views and decisions on the riders. Don't no much about Rhys either. Intersting season ahead of us and of all the things we wish for; the most important is that all riders in all our teams have an injury free season. Lads in the Premier have had a shocking start with injury's and we wish a speedy recovery to them all.

I had a word with Danny's father at the meeting at Plymouth tonight and he told me that Danny was offered a place at Stoke but could not agree terms, i'm not going to go into anymore details on the matter but i can understand after what his father told me the reason the lad did not sign.

I had a word with Danny's father at the meeting at Plymouth tonight and he told me that Danny was offered a place at Stoke but could not agree terms, i'm not going to go into anymore details on the matter but i can understand after what his father told me the reason the lad did not sign.

For a rider who has been in the sport since 2007 and still hasnt attained an average of over 3 points,what terms were Stoke meant to offer him???

For a rider who has been in the sport since 2007 and still hasnt attained an average of over 3 points,what terms were Stoke meant to offer him???

A place at reserve would help montie.

A place at reserve would help montie.

I see now,he would have gone into Stokes main body with the other lads at reserve

Well again,after such a long time in the sport and still wanting a NL reserve place,isnt alot of bargining power

Montie lets get 1 thing straight before you go blabbing off, please remind me what the NL is for? Youngsters and to learn! Correct? Funding is not great in this league, I have never had a full season to improve, I have a lot of help this year and I feel it will be my Break through season, because for 1 I have a mechanic that knows what he is doing, do you have a clue what goes on behind the crowd when it comes to riders and bikes?? A lot of hard work and commitment. Im not having someone like yourself sl****g me off, thank you.

I see no electric at stoke, haha can only happen at that place. Y so many problems at stoke

No idea what happened. Went pop. I can only hope that this is finally the catalyst for going back to mains power.

No idea what happened. Went pop. I can only hope that this is finally the catalyst for going back to mains power.

Me too. How long do they need to get this problem sorted? I fully understand that no speedway promoter is making much money out of speedway these days, but I shudder to think what would have happened if it had been a close race an hour later in total darkness. Promoters have got to understand that rider safety is paramount and this is just not acceptable. Track of the year 2011? Whatever.

Me too. How long do they need to get this problem sorted? I fully understand that no speedway promoter is making much money out of speedway these days, but I shudder to think what would have happened if it had been a close race an hour later in total darkness. Promoters have got to understand that rider safety is paramount and this is just not acceptable. Track of the year 2011? Whatever.

I'm sorry It's really not good enough at any level

Press release on the Stoke site says they are going to have mains power restored.

So, when may we expect to see Stoke track there declared 7 ?, ie Olly Greenwood is better than Rhys Naylor, so will we be seing Olly in Stoke colours every time Scunny arent riding ? or am i just being dubious minded. :wink: . Yes i know its within the rules, but is it in the spirit of them ? There are riders out there on 3.00 averages desperate to gain rides and experience, but NO we will go with another Teams rider, Even for challenge matches, Mr Vasey stated there were some decent prospects coming through, surely Challenge matches is the way to give them track time.