British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester Track Debate

poole did'nt close at all , neither did coventry , . I was on holiday in weymouth when pooles track was altered , they started work immediatlely after a meeting . and four days later the fire brigade flooded the newly shaped track , it was inspected and declared fit for racing the day before the next meeting one week later . and guess what just like coventry after their reshape it did.nt take 5 years to settle back in !!!

track

Fair enough so no reason why BP should not be changed now then!!!!!!!

Maybe those that want it changing now should launch a more constructive campaign. I might even do it myself :)

Fair enough so no reason why BP should not be changed now then!!!!!!!

Maybe those that want it changing now should launch a more constructive campaign. I might even do it myself :)

This i am looking forward to reading ;)

Edited by robert72

This i am looking forward to reading ;)

Well face it it's been a bit of a fanny on up till now. I'd even go as far as saying all mouth and no trousers

Well face it it's been a bit of a fanny on up till now. I'd even go as far as saying all mouth and no trousers

you clearly state you dont go for the racing so i have no idea why you would want the track changed anyway if that is the case

you clearly state you dont go for the racing so i have no idea why you would want the track changed anyway if that is the case

To stop your constant moaning!!

• Like 1

To stop your constant moaning!!

you can say moaning others will say speaking sense about the glum future of leicester speedway unless changes are made sooner than later.
  • Like 1

you can say moaning others will say speaking sense about the glum future of leicester speedway unless changes are made sooner than later.

would that be the shape and the shale your talking about nobert72?

Over the last few weeks I have tried to be fair and constructive with my statements. I am not happy with the racing yet I have written a constructive letter to DH and recieved a reply within 7 days. I dont believe in senseless moaning.

I have also stated on this forum how I feel the shape of the track is not the whole problem as the racing was a lot better during the latter part of last season when Glyn prepared the track differently putting more emphasis on grip on the outside and silicker on the inside.

I do not feel that it is wise to change the track mid season, especially with the weather being as it has been recently.

I shall continue to go to BP and hope that the racing is improved by changing the track surface; but this may annoy the riders!!

Incidently, as I have stated previously, DH was not happy with the racing during the testimonal meeting.

• Like 1

Over the last few weeks I have tried to be fair and constructive with my statements. I am not happy with the racing yet I have written a constructive letter to DH and recieved a reply within 7 days. I dont believe in senseless moaning.

I have also stated on this forum how I feel the shape of the track is not the whole problem as the racing was a lot better during the latter part of last season when Glyn prepared the track differently putting more emphasis on grip on the outside and silicker on the inside.

I do not feel that it is wise to change the track mid season, especially with the weather being as it has been recently.

I shall continue to go to BP and hope that the racing is improved by changing the track surface; but this may annoy the riders!!

Incidently, as I have stated previously, DH was not happy with the racing during the testimonal meeting.

So are you going to tell us what was said in the reply ?

Whatever all Lions fans think about Coventry and their track, I must admit that it looks like you Bees are in for some exciting speedway this year with the riders you have. Looking forward to meeting you next year providing DH can get the track right at BP.

Who remembers the East Midland Bowl?

Hi John, are you suggesting (or do you know) that we'll be racing against Cov next season? Would that be a one off thing or are we going Elite League next year?

Hi John, are you suggesting (or do you know) that we'll be racing against Cov next season? Would that be a one off thing or are we going Elite League next year?

Hemsleys wallet is not fat enough , it would be the end of leicester to join the failing Elite league , having said that his ego is big enough for him to believe he could survive with the big hitters ,so it's not completly out of the question

• Like 1

I'm afraid that parting shot of mine was a bit tongue in cheek, but as I recall, before the start of last season in a report by the "Leicester Mercury". Dh's hopes and ambition for the club was to consolidate for the first year, challenge for honours this year, and then if everything went well, he would apply to get into the top flight in the near future. But as we and DH know, it aint gonna happen unless he and his staff can turn things round trackwise. I still live in hope though. It would be great to see the Lions mauling the Bees again, although to be truthful it didn't happen very often, and I can go back to 1949 when I was a little lad in short pants.

JohnD7244

Enjoy your speedway.

• Like 1

Hemsleys wallet is not fat enough , it would be the end of leicester to join the failing Elite league , having said that his ego is big enough for him to believe he could survive with the big hitters ,so it's not completly out of the question

In a letter to Leicester's shareholders last week (about 5 I think!) he stated that the Elite League was his intention. Ego or Sky money. It's either one - or both!

I'm afraid that parting shot of mine was a bit tongue in cheek, but as I recall, before the start of last season in a report by the "Leicester Mercury". Dh's hopes and ambition for the club was to consolidate for the first year, challenge for honours this year, and then if everything went well, he would apply to get into the top flight in the near future. But as we and DH know, it aint gonna happen unless he and his staff can turn things round trackwise. I still live in hope though. It would be great to see the Lions mauling the Bees again, although to be truthful it didn't happen very often, and I can go back to 1949 when I was a little lad in short pants.

JohnD7244

Enjoy your speedway.

Why should the track be a problem to enter the EL? apart from yet another excuse to bring it up. After all Belle Vue are i the Elite League

Why should the track be a problem to enter the EL? apart from yet another excuse to bring it up. After all Belle Vue are i the Elite League

leicester and belle vue are both letting there fans down with tracks not fit for racing.