British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester Track Debate

Thanks for your reply, nice to see that I was not alone in my thinking.

Could any one tell me ? If my idea was to be done, how difficult would it be to add more shale and get it to bind with the surface that has been there for nearly a year now.

I think it is possible, look at how they bind in shale to make cardiff and copenhagon, dont think it would be a hard job with the right tools

Adding in more clay to the shale mix would help bind it together and would produce more grip. I Think you will find most tracks classed as grippy have a good amount of clay in the mix.

Following the updates for the Somerset match, I thought the meeting was at Leicester for the first ten heats. Heat 7 was the only heat where passing took place after the back straight on the first lap. Fortunately, things livened up in the last five heats.

What no track deabte today????

I think Jackson and Robert should write to DH and complain that the racing is too good at BP!!

I think Jackson and Robert should write to DH and complain that the racing is too good at BP!!

Thinking of the saving, 1 stamp and 1 envelope :rofl:

Thinking of the saving, 1 stamp and 1 envelope :rofl:

Far too cryptic Bornagain . You'll have to spell it out :lol:

Edited by speedibee

when was that ? :rofl:

when was that ? :rofl:

Last week and the week before that you thick pillock.

dont rise to nobert72 he will be back at school tomorrow,busy doing his paper round after school then his homework so hopefully he will go quiet on us.

Last week and the week before that you thick pillock.

you and nob should sell those glasses you wear because BP would be packed solid each week if people saw what you 2 idiots think you see each week, riders,promotors and many,many fans have expressed the SHAPE IS WRONG TO PRODUCE RACING.AND NEEDS CHANGING
  • Like 2

you and nob should sell those glasses you wear because BP would be packed solid each week if people saw what you 2 idiots think you see each week, riders,promotors and many,many fans have expressed the SHAPE IS WRONG TO PRODUCE RACING.AND NEEDS CHANGING

you forgot the shale nobert72

Then why has there been some good, entertaining racing you retarded moron?

I think wie-ja has a point, though I can't say I agree with the last part of his sentence :lol:

I think that there's definitely been an improvement in the last couple of meetings, and this is without any change to the track shape. Maybe it's the amount of water, or the depth of shale or the type ... I don't know. Others have suggested that it's because the riders in the last two meetings have been more equally matched. Maybe so.

What is interesting is what seems to be happening at Glasgow. They spent alot of money on track changes (I'm not sure when they were made - anyone know?) and despite winning the league last year, the crowds have gone. Winning on it's own is not enough. Apparently, the racing isn't very good, so I'm reading, so although they've changed the track to make the racing better, it hasn't worked. Does that mean that it's not just down to track shape and this is why DH hasn't gone down that path? If BP is shaped like Wolverhampton, how come there was a cracking meeting there just over a week ago? If it's just down to the shape then I would expect the racing at Wolves to be way below what was on TV a few nights ago and be pretty much the same as BP.

I hope that things are on the up now for the Lions and for the racing at BP. We've got some good racers in the team and it's been good to watch them race in the last couple of outings. Keep going Lions.