British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyK39

Stoke V Heathens 21/4/12

Actually I have to agree on this... Though Stoke aren't the only team to do it. In the case of a challenge match if your number 1 is missing, I'd have thought R/R would be best, to give your team extra practise, as the result itself is unimportant really; the important factor is to get the practise in on the track before the league meetings.

Three points Lorna

Dudley have replaced their No.1 and rightly so in my opinion with an excellent choice.

Ashley Birks will form part of a new declaration by Stoke this week anyway

There is the important matter of entertainment and supporters are entitled to expect that.

It is imperative that we provide folks with an entertaining and competetive speedway match. We agreed with Dudley in advance that neither would not be bitchy about changes to the regular line up with these issues in mind. Some have interpreted this anxiety to please the paying customers as cheating. That is utter bosh.

Throughout my time in speedway I have paid great attention to the rules but in Challenge matches there are different needs to satisfy. Anyone who calls me a cheat should justify their remarks. I dont believe they can do that which is why they resist the invitation. Naturally, I do everything within the rules and what we agree in other circumstances to help my Club. That's my job.

Would anybody really expect me to do anything else?

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 1

Three points Lorna

Dudley have replaced their No.1 and rightly so in my opinion with an excellent choice.

Ashley Birks will form part of a new declaration by Stoke this week anyway

There is the important matter of entertainment and supporters are entitled to expect that.

It is imperative that we provide folks with an entertaining and competetive speedway match. We agreed with Dudley in advance that neither would not be bitchy about changes to the regular line up with these issues in mind. Some have interpreted this anxiety to please the paying customers as cheating. That is utter bosh.

Throughout my time in speedway I have paid great attention to the rules but in Challenge matches there are different needs to satisfy. Anyone who calls me a cheat should justify their remarks. I dont believe they can do that which is why they resist the invitation. Naturally, I do everything within the rules and what we agree in other circumstances to help my Club. That's my job.

Would anybody really expect me to do anything else?

Malcolm Vasey

With all due respect Malcolm, I was expressing my opinion, which I stand by. Having read through this thread, I'm going to assume reference's to cheating and bitchiness were not directed at me.

My opinion is the same for Dudley, though perhaps not to the same extent; I do feel in home challenge matches, if a regular rider is missing, it is better to give R/R to give your regular riders greater opportunity; if a 'guest' rider will become regular is a different matter. I appreciate you have to entertain the public, but dependant on the public, different things may appeal; unless a challenge meeting is a local derby, or the first meeting of the season, realistically it will not be a priority for fans regardless. I assume the point of pre-season challenges is to prepare for the season, rather than to secure the largest crowds (though of course it does need to be financially viable, which I appreciate).

With all due respect Malcolm, I was expressing my opinion, which I stand by. Having read through this thread, I'm going to assume reference's to cheating and bitchiness were not directed at me.

My opinion is the same for Dudley, though perhaps not to the same extent; I do feel in home challenge matches, if a regular rider is missing, it is better to give R/R to give your regular riders greater opportunity; if a 'guest' rider will become regular is a different matter. I appreciate you have to entertain the public, but dependant on the public, different things may appeal; unless a challenge meeting is a local derby, or the first meeting of the season, realistically it will not be a priority for fans regardless. I assume the point of pre-season challenges is to prepare for the season, rather than to secure the largest crowds (though of course it does need to be financially viable, which I appreciate).

Was certainly not directed at you and you are entitled to your honest opinions of course.

But we are not cheats and it is a local derby so perhaps we have some licence.

But its a talking point on a wet night.

Malcolm Vasey

hello Mr Vogster, any chance of being on if it remains dry all day ?? or is it like down here pretty wet underfoot, but it is brighter here than it has been for a few days.

Apologies, I have spent the day in Leeds watching my old American Football team play! Was going to rush back, but when I saw the meeting was off early I stayed!