British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyK39

Stoke V Heathens 21/4/12

Suppose be a confidence boost if they can beat biggest club in national league, do what you can i suppose. Fair play to the clay heads

Stoke are pretty lucky they av a squad aint they, no worrall so they bring in mckinna. Why not do as dudley are doin r/r for a rider that aint your number1. Didnt think birks was in your declared 7 or are all u stoke fans gona tell us its different Cus it aint league

Fair enuff all out to win by looks of it, cud of had r/r and gave others riders some track time. Wouldnt that mAke sense.

Actually, if you look at our declaration, no Worrall so we bring in Birks. Sorry to rain on your parade there...

Still, I can't stress this point enough

IT'S A CHALLENGE. We all know that Stoke's 1-7 will not include Adam McKinna, but considering we haven't had an NL meeting yet, is it so bad that we allow him to ride for us to get some track time? Or would you rather see us severely weakened? No Richie means that Pickard, Atkin and the 3 pointers get an extra ride. Is that really worthwhile?

Still, given the weather you have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Haha not worried of u lot and all dudley fans will say. Just thought be good with r/r as dudley are doing, give ur other riders some track time. Oh not birks wasnt declared, now its worrall. Make your mind up then. Haha i like stoke, gives us all sumthing to laugh about

Your right it wont be on saturday, no payday for stoke then with no dudley there. Cya soon. Take care. Ommer um :)

Haha not worried of u lot and all dudley fans will say. Just thought be good with r/r as dudley are doing, give ur other riders some track time. Oh not birks wasnt declared, now its worrall. Make your mind up then. Haha i like stoke, gives us all sumthing to laugh about

Your right it wont be on saturday, no payday for stoke then with no dudley there. Cya soon. Take care. Ommer um :)

Like how you're using R/R at 1 and running a 3 pointer at 2 to give them track time? ;)

And we changed our declaration, we had it for 14 days, didn't realise it was against the rules.

Edited by vog

Guest for number 1s are allowed aint they, we r missin two riders so its abit different aint it. We r givin our own riders track time, nothin wrong with that. Just thought it wud be better for ur own riders. Haha you keep changing then, they may decide soon who they want then.

Hi I was not there on Saturday so I cannot comment on what went on,but on hearing from someone who was there the amount of falls and re-runs wasted a lot of the time, and the injury to the rider that had to be taken to Hospital and having to wait for the emergency ambulance led to the Cancellation of the meeting after the twelfth heat.People have said there should be 2 ambulances, Stoke are not the only team to have only one others do as well and do as Stoke do and call in the local Ambulance Service. also no racing can take place when the Paramedic is attending to the Patient. Your reference to you might think it was done on purpose when the Paramedic did not arrive is completely wrong ,the paramedic was booked but there was a mix up in dates from their end not stokes.Getting to the Curfew as there was still 10 races to be run on Saturday and it was 9-30 then it would have gone on far to long afterwads. There can be a slight overun ,say due to injuries but then a report as to be made to the council but the time on Saturday would have been way over. There is a very sad person that puts down every minute over the time the meetings end and sends it into the council.

Vog wasn't there either!

On paper, 5.45 minutes per heat should be sufficient, in practise it proved not to be.

Folks who are too dumb to learn from mistakes should not be in positions of influence, so one hopes that this nonsense will not be repeated anywhere, not just Stoke!

I resent the implication that all the stoppages were due to riders reckless behaviour, it was an important event and they should and did ride to their best abilities.

Back to the original topic. Webster guesting at no.1 and R/R for Tom (with Bekker,JWW and the 2 reserves taking his rides). Strong enough to hold off a re-jigged Stoke? Deciding factors Bekker + JWW for the Heathens and Stoke's 3 pointers (expecting Reade to have 6 rides).

i just hope dudley thrash stoke

Given the downpour we have just had, and the forecast for tomorrow, I think the weather will be beating both teams.

i just hope dudley thrash stoke

Still waiting for some clue as to our cheating Bob. Or was there none?

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 1

Still waiting for some clue as to our cheating Bob. Or was there none?

Malcolm Vasey

Jeez,early bird,catches the worm, good morning mr V.

hello Mr Vogster, any chance of being on if it remains dry all day ?? or is it like down here pretty wet underfoot, but it is brighter here than it has been for a few days.

Meeting is off. Was looking forward to watching this and thanks to Byron Bekker for the lift he was going to give me. Still on my crutches and unable to drive for now so reliant on lifts ---so it's another boring night in !!

• Like 1

Jeez,early bird,catches the worm, good morning mr V.

Sorry I had gone and have just seen your greeting a bit like the ever critical Builder Bob who never backs up his perverse remarks.

Malcolm Vasey

Like how you're using R/R at 1 and running a 3 pointer at 2 to give them track time? ;)

And we changed our declaration, we had it for 14 days, didn't realise it was against the rules.

Actually I have to agree on this... Though Stoke aren't the only team to do it. In the case of a challenge match if your number 1 is missing, I'd have thought R/R would be best, to give your team extra practise, as the result itself is unimportant really; the important factor is to get the practise in on the track before the league meetings.