British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Buxton 29/4

From the Official Mildenhall Website - Mildenhall Fen Tigers hope it will be second time lucky as they look to start their National League campaign against Buxton Hitmen at West Row on Sunday, also avoiding an unwanted hat-trick of rain-offs.

Since their KO Cup success against King's Lynn nearly a fortnight ago, their National Shield clash at Dudley and what should have been their league opener away at Buxton last Sunday were both washed out.

Captain Lewis Blackbird admits his team have been left frustrated by their lack of action. "We had all arrived at Wolverhampton for the Dudley match and even walked the track. But then came another downpour and that was that. At least we got an early shout that the trip to Buxton was off. I was gutted as I really felt we could go there and win."

Blackbird continued, "Now we just have to forget all that and concentrate on this weekend, where we are determined to get all three points. Cam (Heeps) wants to follow up his maximum against King’s Lynn with another full house and is determined to get the better of Robert Branford. I am looking forward to coming up against Tim Webster. Let’s just say we had some 'interesting' clashes when he was at Stoke last year!"

Tigers' team manager Robert Henry also wants to see his side start the season with a three point win. "Although I would never be complacent I believe we have too much strength in depth for them and they'll be race rusty too. I am confident that if our boys ride to their potential we can pick up all the points on offer. It would be great for them and us if Cam and Danny (Halsey) can go through the card again."

The Fen Tigers will be at full strength on Sunday, with teenage reserve Josh Bates now recovered from the shoulder injury he suffered after a heavy fall in the Cup win against King's Lynn.

Mildenhall Fen Tigers:

1 Cameron Heeps 9.18

2 Joe Jacobs 6.27

3 Stefan Nielsen 5.28

4 Daniel Halsey 4.76

5 Lewis Blackbird © 7.01

6 Nathan Stoneman 3.00

7 Josh Bates 3.00

Team Manager: Robert Henry

Buxton Hitmen:

1 Robert Branford 8.54

2 TBC

3 Richard Andrews 3.41

4 Dean Felton 5.35

5 Luke Priest 5.79

6 Michael Neale 3.00

7 Ryan Blacklock 3.00

Team Manager: Jack Lee

The match will be followed by the first Anglia Junior League fixture of the season, when the Complete Car Services Fen Tiger Cubs take on the King's Lynn Lightning. The return fixture will be at the Norfolk Arena next Wednesday (2nd May) after the second leg of the Fen Tigers KO clash with the Young Stars.

Think both teams might be up against it on Sunday.

Against the weather!

Forecast doesn't look too great at all.

Can't wait for the summer!

If it does go ahead, can only see a confidence boosting win for Mildenhall.

I cant see how this will go ahead with the amount of water we have had about...

Another Rainoff!

Saturday, 28 April 2012 12:18

cloud%20icon.gifMildenhall Fen Tigers' fixture against Buxton tomorrow (Sunday) has been called off due to heavy rain.

A new date will be announced as soon as it has been arranged.