British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
djp45

What Is Going On At Leicester ?

DH has added one of the best managers in boocock, if taylor is allowed to shape the track his way then it will be a good start,

Unless DH has had an epiphany there is nothing wrong with the track so why would he want Glyn to change it??

In all honesty although I'm not convinced that is right the last 4 home meetings have produced some racing and been on a par with most meetings up and down the country or what sky enthuse over on a Monday night ie a fair few races from the gate with some racing sprinkled in. whatever your opinion the remedial work done has brought some improvement and/or the different shale is having a positive effect. If what has been reported on here about moving drains and bringing curbs in is a very costly task then whether Glyn Taylor wants to or not I would doubt it would happen anytime soon with crowds already lower than anything last year and supposed team changes taking away 1/2 of the main reasons people are still going they could drop further. Just who the replacements will be I guess may make a difference but after last years revolving door some might not fancy a punt on leaving a team to come to BP??

There I've managed to sound more negative than Robert72 and yet before all this weeks shenanigans I was telling anyone who'd stopped going to give it another try. After a shakey start (not talking results here before anyone has a go) I really think the improvement has made it worth my £15 but at Leicester I guess we have coined a new motto " If it ain't broke, break it"

Edited by bornagainlion
  • Like 3

It was my first visit to Leicester to watch Scunthorpe there last week, I thought the actual venue was fantastic, very professional & the fans very welcoming. I will definitely visit again the next time Scunthorpe are in town. Only criticism I can have is that the bends are too tight but saying that the meeting did have some passes but mainly from the racers e.g. Kauko, Auty, Jorgy - these guys would have been trying to pass on any track. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable evening so I wouldnt be too downbeat about Leicester. Hope it works out for you guys with Boocock / Taylor.

• Like 3

It was my first visit to Leicester to watch Scunthorpe there last week, I thought the actual venue was fantastic, very professional & the fans very welcoming. I will definitely visit again the next time Scunthorpe are in town. Only criticism I can have is that the bends are too tight but saying that the meeting did have some passes but mainly from the racers e.g. Kauko, Auty, Jorgy - these guys would have been trying to pass on any track. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable evening so I wouldnt be too downbeat about Leicester. Hope it works out for you guys with Boocock / Taylor.

Surely that is the idea - all riders should be trying to pass on any track!!!

Edited by Fanmale

The title of this thread appears to be very apt if this Twitter comment is correct.....

Ritchie Boocock @_Booey_

Not sure who started the rumour of my old man going to Leciester, but up to now it's .....................bollox! #justsayin please RT

Edited by LionsDen
  • Like 1

The title of this thread appears to be very apt if this Twitter comment is correct.....

Ritchie Boocock @_Booey_

Not sure who started the rumour of my old man going to Leciester, but up to now it's .....................bollox! #justsayin please RT

From the Lions website;

The new Lions boss will have Eric Boocock supporting him in an advisory role. The former British Champion is one of speedway’s most successful England team managers of his generation. “It is a real pleasure to have someone of Eric’s stature available to offer advice when needed. He is an inspiration and a very well respected person in speedway and we are all looking forward to working with him” commented the Lions co-promoter.

It does say 'advisory' capacity maybe we all took it as read he would be joining full time. Could do with clarifying though.

Surely that is the idea - all riders should be trying to pass on any track!!!

I think you know what I mean e.g. riders that are renowned for passing, not gate & go merchants.

Have spoken to somebody quite close to Jason who has said he is gutted with not being involved in the club any longer

I thought Jason had resigned from his position as manager

So it reads on Facebook Leicester Lions supporters club, if anyone has anything discuss about the Leicester Lions David Hemsley's daughter will be on bend 1 to discuss it . Oh dear oh dear just what is happening at Leicester???

I thought Jason had resigned from his position as manager

He has but doesn't meas to say he was happy to resign perhaps he felt it was the only thing he could do but is still disappointed not to be part of something that obviously has been a fairly big part of his life for the last 15 months or so. A bit like breaking up with a decent looking bird when things have hit a rocky patch :lol:

How come no one seems to know exactly who is doing what with the new regime? Why doesn't David Hemsley come out with an official statement as to exactly why he has made these changes? I can only assume that he knows something is wrong and is trying to rectify the problems we are having at BP which is not being transferred to the supporters. Unfortunately, I am only an armchair supporter these days. But I have followed the Hunters and Lions since the re-opening in 1949, so feel I still have a voice in the fortunes of the clob, good or bad. I am probably one of these supporters with rose tinted specs. I have always loved the anticipation, the sounds, atmosphere, friendly supporters, home and away, excitement at the tapes for the first race. Both Lions making electric starts!. Didn't happen very often in the 80's though with Les, Neil, Colin, Steve, Mark, etc. Perhaps that's why Blackbird Road was nearly always exciting. Although on saying that, I have seen some absolute shockers there. Apologies for getting a bit emotional, but the Lions have always been the team I have supported, so just get behind the management and team, and let the good times roll (sooner than later).

JohnD7244,

Enjoy your speedway.

How come no one seems to know exactly who is doing what with the new regime? Why doesn't David Hemsley come out with an official statement as to exactly why he has made these changes? I can only assume that he knows something is wrong and is trying to rectify the problems we are having at BP which is not being transferred to the supporters. Unfortunately, I am only an armchair supporter these days. But I have followed the Hunters and Lions since the re-opening in 1949, so feel I still have a voice in the fortunes of the clob, good or bad. I am probably one of these supporters with rose tinted specs. I have always loved the anticipation, the sounds, atmosphere, friendly supporters, home and away, excitement at the tapes for the first race. Both Lions making electric starts!. Didn't happen very often in the 80's though with Les, Neil, Colin, Steve, Mark, etc. Perhaps that's why Blackbird Road was nearly always exciting. Although on saying that, I have seen some absolute shockers there. Apologies for getting a bit emotional, but the Lions have always been the team I have supported, so just get behind the management and team, and let the good times roll (sooner than later).

JohnD7244,

Enjoy your speedway.

Hope this helps taken directly from the Lions website

Reassuring message from Glyn Taylor

Friday, May 18th, 2012 |

During the recent course of events that have dominated the week following the resignation of Jason Attwood, people have been speculating that there are going to be further changes. This is a natural thought whenever a new person arrives and he may want to bring in riders who he thinks can do a better job but Glyn Taylor is keen to re-assure everybody that this will not be the case. “I am looking forward to working with all seven riders and with a winning start we have had in the Premier League any thought of new signings are furthest from my mind so as far as I am concerned no-one is going anywhere. All speedway clubs review performances on a month by month basis and we will be no different in the future stated the new Lions team manager.

Perhaps some of the stuff we have been led to believe isn't going to happen or it's a bit of PR to get the fans onside before it does???

According to the site Glyn is now team manager ( no mention of Mr Boocock anywhere) and Gareth Chrabaszcz is still track curator so unless anyone with more inside knowledge wants to tell us anything different that's about where things stand now.

Cheers

Warren

Edited by bornagainlion
  • Like 1

Also see Jeff the start Marshall has also quit due to working for nothing,asking for nothing but get treated like your not wanted! The list of departures just gets longer .

To Bornagainlion. Many thanks for the info. I can sleep easy again now!!

JohnD7244

Enjoy your speedway.

Also see Jeff the start Marshall has also quit due to working for nothing,asking for nothing but get treated like your not wanted! The list of departures just gets longer .

Also the hot dog seller quit before the last home match. He was working at the Tigers Rugby match. How could Hemsley allow that to happen?