British Speedway Forum

Purchased our tickets yesterday off the website. £10.30 each.

Not sure what the 30p is for - but I don't care.

Done this as I hope there will be big queues on the actual day.

The additional money that I would normally have paid for a ticket will be put in the buckets on the day.

Its a great line up, but again, don't really care whose racing - Im there for the Richardson family to be honest. But I would like a good meeting if possible.

#RICO

The additional money that I would normally have paid for a ticket will be put in the buckets on the day.

Its a great line up, but again, don't really care whose racing - Im there for the Richardson family to be honest. But I would like a good meeting if possible.

#RICO

I can tell you its really hard for us at Lakeside when riders come out for the parade and Lee is not there but when we read posts like that one and some of of the others you have no idea how much it helps to feel that for all the bickering that goes on at times there are a lot of really nice people connected with this great sport so thanks for that.

I don't know whether everybody knows but it seems that Lee's wife Emma and his brother Craig are having an input to who comes so all the riders will be those who were good friends of Lee so let's give them every support. Some who can't come will be riding in the memorial meeting in Poland.

Jon Cook mentioned in the programme recently that the stadium owners will be making the stadium available without charge and the SCB will be bearing the costs of the officials so every penny will be going to Lee's family.Its just up to us, the fans now to do our part.

• Like 5

#RICO

30p = credit card surcharge

30p = credit card surcharge

eeek! That's a heafty charge - twice as much as we charge. But its irrelevant really - you gotta pay what you gotta pay.

CM - thanks for those kind words. I think you will find that on September 28th the world of speedway will be there to support our Lakeside friends. xx

Will be nice to be able to tick off a race jacket / coat from every single club in the UK and a few that are no longer racing. Reckon it could be close.

Can you purchase tickets at any lakeside meeting for this or is it all on line as we are coming for this. Thanks

I wish it was logistically possible for me to get to this meeting - I promise to be there in spirit - as will Lee I'd guess.

I can tell you its really hard for us at Lakeside when riders come out for the parade and Lee is not there but when we read posts like that one and some of of the others you have no idea how much it helps to feel that for all the bickering that goes on at times there are a lot of really nice people connected with this great sport so thanks for that.

I don't know whether everybody knows but it seems that Lee's wife Emma and his brother Craig are having an input to who comes so all the riders will be those who were good friends of Lee so let's give them every support. Some who can't come will be riding in the memorial meeting in Poland.

Jon Cook mentioned in the programme recently that the stadium owners will be making the stadium available without charge and the SCB will be bearing the costs of the officials so every penny will be going to Lee's family.Its just up to us, the fans now to do our part.

This is why as much as the sport itself is peeing me off so much at present I cannot walk away, the "speedway family" are a great bunch. From the friends we make that we see once or twice a year on a trip to their track or vice-versa (or at Cardiff) to those we have our rants and arguments with online and the online friendships down to the officials and those involved in the running of the sport who are so approachable When it comes down to it we all look out for each other.

Lees meeting is set to be only my 2nd speedway meeting of the 2012 season - I wouldn't miss this for anything.

This is why as much as the sport itself is peeing me off so much at present I cannot walk away, the "speedway family" are a great bunch. From the friends we make that we see once or twice a year on a trip to their track or vice-versa (or at Cardiff) to those we have our rants and arguments with online and the online friendships down to the officials and those involved in the running of the sport who are so approachable When it comes down to it we all look out for each other.

Lees meeting is set to be only my 2nd speedway meeting of the 2012 season - I wouldn't miss this for anything.

Good for you.

Perhaps it is relevent to add that Re-Run Productions are about to release a DVD of Lee's career. Not sure if it is out yet but it will be available form the Re-Run shop adjacent to the first bend at Lakeside (and presumably mail order). I understand the price will be around £17 but I understand all sales are being donated to the Richardson family. As we said there are some great people around speedway and Steve Girdwood of Re-Run is one of them

Edited by Custer Mouse

I feel so much good can come from this meeting. Everyone is so supportive that i hope that not only is a large amount of money raised but that such a fine meeting raises the spirit of British Speedway as well.

With an awful lot of people intending to turn up early as a big crowd is expected how nice it would be if some riders were available to have some pictures done with fans for a reasonable donation to the fund. Sir Geoff Hurst does signing events as long as donations are made to the benefitting charity and it could help to pass a bit of time as well. Just a thought

Two meetings that I wont miss this year - Lee will be in my thoughts tommorrow when I vist Cardiff for my annual pilgramage ( Wrist Band and Tshirt in full evidence ) and I will be taking a days annual holiday and travelling on my own from Preston, Lancashire for this meeting regardless of cost , fuel etc - I just need to show my support to the Richardson family

See you next month

Edited by ProperSport
  • Like 1

Perhaps it is relevent to add that Re-Run Productions are about to release a DVD of Lee's career. Not sure if it is out yet but it will be available form the Re-Run shop adjacent to the first bend at Lakeside (and presumably mail order). I understand the price will be around £17 but I understand all sales are being donated to the Richardson family. As we said there are some great people around speedway and Steve Girdwood of Re-Run is one of them

I bought my copy of this superb DVD last week at the Eastbourne match. It's on sale for £15, but I paid £20, as all takings on this dvd go to the Rico fund. Great idea from Steve and the boys at Re-Run.

Does anyone know if Coventry plan to run a coach for this meeting?

Just had a look on Lakeside site to buy tickets for this meeting, could someone clarify the delivery method please, at the beginning it says to print out your e-mail confirmation as your ticket, but then asks for delivery address, maybe I'm being a bit thick but would appreciate some information, thankyou, Yvonne.

Does anyone know if Coventry plan to run a coach for this meeting?

Yes coventry running coach. On website now. X