British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Stoke - Sunday 8th July

Weather permitting we may get our first home fixture on since May 27th!!

Line Ups

MILDENHALL

1. Cameron Heeps

2. Joe Jacobs

3. Stefan Nielsen

4. Daniel Halsey

5. Lewis Blackbird

6. Joe Graver

7. Josh Bates

STOKE

1. Ashley Birks

2. R/R

3. Tony Atkin

4. Ross Walter

5. Jaime Pickard

6. Liam Carr

7. Ben Reade

There is no AJL meeting Sunday due to the U16 Round at Eastbourne, there will though be 2nd half practise races.

Any predictions? Can Mildenhall hold on to their 100% win record? Can they hold on to their 100% points tally?

Mildenhall by about 10. Stoke are weakened ridiculously by having R/R for Richie. The battles between Birks and Heeps should be fun though.

Mildenhall by about 10. Stoke are weakened ridiculously by having R/R for Richie. The battles between Birks and Heeps should be fun though.

Real shame that Worrall will be missing, takes a little of the shine off this meeting, will Stoke continue with R/R during his enforced absence or will a new rider be sought?

Would like to see Stoke sign another rider,, but where do they find a rider of Richies ability on his average?., my guess is they will in the short term continue with RR.

Real shame that Worrall will be missing, takes a little of the shine off this meeting, will Stoke continue with R/R during his enforced absence or will a new rider be sought?

No idea. There aren't many riders about on a 7.75, and no-one who could do the job Richie would do. It becomes a question of who can do a better job than R/R! Personally, I'd be tempted to search out a couple of 5 pointers, replace Richie and Ross (Who tries, but needs to gain more experience) and go that way. Ben will be going into the main body when the new averages come out, so it would give us a more solid look.

Is this a 4pm or 4.30pm start, Phil?

I see the GB website has it down as starting at 4pm.

No idea. There aren't many riders about on a 7.75, and no-one who could do the job Richie would do. It becomes a question of who can do a better job than R/R! Personally, I'd be tempted to search out a couple of 5 pointers, replace Richie and Ross (Who tries, but needs to gain more experience) and go that way. Ben will be going into the main body when the new averages come out, so it would give us a more solid look.

Hmm, good thinking Vog, if Ben Reade,s average is more than 5+ then if you signed two five pointers, would it mean having a 5 pointer at reserve?, if so that surely would be the best way for you to go. :wink:

As you are probably aware i am a Heathens fan, and i dont like to see anyone out injured, i want us to beat Stoke fair and square, as it is, its beginning to look like 2 out of 3 for the play off finals, and i am thinking Mildenhall will choose the weaker fourth Team in the play offs, so as it stands i am predicting Mildenhall v IOW and Stoke v The Heathens. for the KO Cup final i am predicting a Mildenhall v Heathens Finale, as to who will win those tussles in the play offs and KO Cup, that i dont know, but again injuries have reared up, for two teams ie Nathan Stoneman who scored good double figures at Monmore Wood, and Richie Worral, to both of them get well soon guys, hope to see you both back, sooner rather than later.

Hmm, good thinking Vog, if Ben Reade,s average is more than 5+ then if you signed two five pointers, would it mean having a 5 pointer at reserve?, if so that surely would be the best way for you to go. :wink:

Ben's average is closer to 8 than 5 at the moment! I think, based on NL meetings only, he is around 7.8.

Ben's average is closer to 8 than 5 at the moment! I think, based on NL meetings only, he is around 7.8.

From four league matches Ben's average is 7.85

I think it is 4.30 parade as usual, but will check and get back, cheers

Weather forecast is seriously not looking promising for this one ( long periods of rain predicted during the day) .

I'm going for a home win for the Tigers but can't decide by how many as neither team is lining up as it would want .

The loss and use of r/r for Richie W will obviously have an impact for Stoke and Jo Jo returning straight into team for the Tigers with no practice could be a big mistake or an inspired decision ?

The reserves could be quite influential in this meeting as well with the loss of Nathan probably having the most impact ( no disrespect to Joe Graver of course ) . Also Ben Reade seems to be flying at the moment !

All in all , looking forward to a good meeting as long as it goes ahead ( here's hoping )

Edited by Super Blue

4.30 start today as usual, cheers

Bloody hell - that's still no home NL match for the Fen Tigers since the end of MAY!!! :cry:

Is the news that I'm coming up next Sunday (with my pi$$ poor record of rain offs!) gonna cheer anyone up!!! :oops: