British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Golden Hammer At Monmore

So, tonight sees the re-staged Golden Hammer and a slightly revised line-up. I think, off the top of my head, there are four changes due to a couple of injuries and a couple of unavailable riders.

It's not quite as strong a field as it was but still a very competitive night of action lies ahead. Royno will start clear favourite of course but he does have a habit of throwing in a fall at random times. In a straight 5 rides format you can't afford a slip up, and they will be queueing up behind him to take the title. It's very difficult to call the rostrum places, but I'll stick with my original prediction. I'd say there are a good 8/9 riders in the field for whom you can make a case for finishing in the top 3. The 2nd string and reserve Heathens are likely to prove spoilers and could easily ruin someone's chances come the last round of rides.

New line-up copied from the Dudley Heathens website:

LINE-UP: Ashley Morris, Brendan Johnson, Joe Haines, Cameron Heeps, Adam Roynon, Dan Greenwood, Ashley Birks, Ben Reade, Todd Kurtz, Tom Perry, James White Williams, Simon Lambert, Darryl Ritchings, Byron Bekker, Kyle Newman, Jaimie Pickard.

Congratulations to Kyle Newman, 2012 winner of The Golden Hammer, commiserations to The Heathens lads, especially Adam who as he said in his interview, he is maybe not meant to win The Hammer, but what i will say is he is only 22, and will forever be a Heathens fans favourite, and who knows what the future may hold, maybe he didnt win, but if we ever get our own Track, then i am sure he will get an invite, and anyway, why shouldnt he ride in 2013, after all Kyle is not an NL rider this season, so Adam has time on his side.

Kyle deserves this win, young english rider, always gives 100%.

Yep, little bit dizzy immediately afterwards but OK.

Thank you, glad hes ok. X

Was adam ok after his crash in heat 20?

Yes he was fine, spoke to him after and nothing wrong with him. He got a puncture on front tire which caused him to crash :)

Some nasty looking crashes tonight and just glad everybody is ok. Must confess my heart went in my mouth when Adam crashed - it looked horrific, but as is so often the case no harm done. Big well done to our old mate Kyle, and hard luck Ash, you rode superb mate.

Edited by villiers210

a BIG thank you to Jan O + Big Al Grahame along with mechanic Merle Craven as we rebuilt Dan Greenwood'd bike after the heavy crash in heat 6 that saw the air fence do its job but damaged . Dan was under the bikes but somehow escaped injury although his back was hurting after the meeting. The long delay repairing the fence allowed us enough time to strip down the front end and forks on his spare bike and re-fit it to his No. 1 bike with five of us working on it!! It was finished just in time for him to make the re-run !

Been an expensive week for the youngster with a snapped diamond at the Isle of Wight and now a complete front end to replace. The lad rode really well after this and had a tough ht 16 where he chased hard against Heeps, Newman and Kurtz and then gave Lambert a tough battle just losing out to him on the line in heat 19.

Edited by Main Man