British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Stoke V Dudley (saturday 21st July, Nl. 7:30pm)

What a great advert for national league racing. Some fantastic racing tonight and how Stoke kept it close with two riders I will never know. Steve as a guest was top form and Tom Perry is improving week on week by the looks of it and Dudley fully deserved the win. With Ash taking his remaining rides and Ben taking the forth rides for Adam,Ross( who is not up to NL standard) and Jack(how small is he!! Good effort Jack), then Stoke would of won but would not deserved as all riders need to chip in like the Dudley riders did tonight. With Stoke it's the four riders and hope that the rest can just get a few. Liam was missed but cannot fault Jack for his efforts and Adam as he is just coming back from injury. If Ritchings lost a stone or two he would become a middling rider. He got vital points the the Heathens tonight. Tony for us never looked like getting any wins which was disappointing but that's the breaks. A very entertaining meeting for me only spoiled( well only a little, by a few Heathens fans who only seemed to applaud their winners of races ) small minority.We all support our own teams but just show a little respect to the racers whoever they ride for. Great meeting.

What a great advert for national league racing. Some fantastic racing tonight and how Stoke kept it close with two riders I will never know. Steve as a guest was top form and Tom Perry is improving week on week by the looks of it and Dudley fully deserved the win. With Ash taking his remaining rides and Ben taking the forth rides for Adam,Ross( who is not up to NL standard) and Jack(how small is he!! Good effort Jack), then Stoke would of won but would not deserved as all riders need to chip in like the Dudley riders did tonight. With Stoke it's the four riders and hope that the rest can just get a few. Liam was missed but cannot fault Jack for his efforts and Adam as he is just coming back from injury. If Ritchings lost a stone or two he would become a middling rider. He got vital points the the Heathens tonight. Tony for us never looked like getting any wins which was disappointing but that's the breaks. A very entertaining meeting for me only spoiled( well only a little, by a few Heathens fans who only seemed to applaud their winners of races ) small minority.We all support our own teams but just show a little respect to the racers whoever they ride for. Great meeting.

if :lol: they didnt boo em they respected em lol :P

Yep great result. Glad to be there with best fans in the country.

Ommered

Aye they aint a bad bunch then Stoke lot i agree :t:

Didnt see any stoke fans there mate hehe. All green, white and red

Didn't look hard enough then ;)

As for the meeting, Dudley must know they rode their luck, but Stoke had too many non performers. The whole point of this Stoke team is that the top 4 score a lot between them, Birks withdrawing with food poisoning, and Atkin being completely off the pace cost us dearly.

Still, a fantastic meeting, and a great advert for NL speedway. Some of the races between Reade and Perry were fantastic.

And, as Stoke found last season, topping the league means nothing if you don't win the play-offs...hope we see you there ;)

Vog I really don't understand what you mean by "rode their luck". Is that your way of saying "well done Dudley for a solid all round team performance"?

if :lol: they didnt boo em they respected em lol :P

never mentioned booing but that to me is part of the game. The Heathens regard themselves as the best in Speedway. Pity it,s only the Heathens that think that. Uset to enjoy visits from Glasgow,Newcastle and Elesmere Port;unfortuately the Dudley drone of self importance is warring on others.The sign of true supports of any sport is that they view the evert through sporting eyes and not see just their sides players/riders. Take yourself off to rugby and see for yourself. Most supporters in speedway? Probably but at 1500 it's still pitiful against most other sports. Good luck to Dudley for the rest of the season and hope wwe meet again in the playoffs and have just a good meeting.
  • Like 1

Oh dear.. I am a Dudley supporter through and through. If I see a good race between two riders then I will applaud them both. As will any Dudley supporter I know. But the thought of applauding every race winner from any opposing them is ridiculous. I support my team, not the opposition. You use the Example of rugby - try using the example of football (which by the way I do not support). How many supporters do you know that applaud when the opposition score?

Vog I really don't understand what you mean by "rode their luck". Is that your way of saying "well done Dudley for a solid all round team performance"?

Swings and roundabouts. I would have liked to have seen the meeting run with two full teams. As it was, both teams threw away points, but losing Birks after 1 race changed the course of the meeting. Yes, Dudley rode well, but tbh, once Birks withdrew I thought they should have won by a lot more. White-Williams falling and moaning in heat 8 cost you, then Worral falling in heat 13 cost you. Stoke were there for the taking, and Dudley will feel disappointed at not taking full advantage of the situation that they found themselves in. Stoke were a 2 man team, yet they still only just scraped a win. The luck I mean in general is Birks withdrawing, as without that, the scoreline would have been a lot different. (And would it have been different with Roynon? Possibly not. Worrall dropped one point in heat 1, and then fell in heat 13. Other than that he was unbeaten)

I tell you what, I don't know to anybody from Dudley, either fan or rider, that was disappointed after tonight. Yes Stoke are a top heavy side, and if one of them doesn't perform for whatever reason, that's the price you pay. With regard to the result possibly not being any different if Roynon had been there, possibly not. But I'm sure it would have if Roynon and Morris were. Disappointed? Not a bit of it.

Bostin win, prior to the meeting i would have been happy with a point, yes maybe we were lucky that Ashley Birks was unwell, but on balance i think The Heathens threw away more points <falling>when in scoring positions ie Dan Greenwood, Byron Bekker, JWW, Steve, and Tom e/f in his last ride against Ben , But as we all know, this is the way the Stoke team is set up, and covering for 1 of your Top four is nigh on impossible, except for Ben Reade, you need to gain as many points as you can, before Ben moves up.

Having seen the meetings this season, i am now of the opinion we are slightly stronger than Stoke, who are relying on Ben Reade, and he is doing a fine job for you.

I only heard some good natured booing, during the meeting, and applause for Ashley Birks on winning the Bronze Helmet.

Thanks for Steve Worall on a splendid guest appearance, against his brothers Team, and well done to all the Heathens riders, for covering our two missing riders, and great support once again from the Fans.

• Like 1

I tell you what, I don't know to anybody from Dudley, either fan or rider, that was disappointed after tonight. Yes Stoke are a top heavy side, and if one of them doesn't perform for whatever reason, that's the price you pay. With regard to the result possibly not being any different if Roynon had been there, possibly not. But I'm sure it would have if Roynon and Morris were. Disappointed? Not a bit of it.

If Morris and Roynon had been there? And Birks had made the end of the meeting? Morris' rides got 2',1',1',2...beaten by Lambert, Reade and Reade (Although the last one Perry would have won, barring the very late EF)

Stoke's problem tonight was Atkin not looking at the races, and Birks withdrawing. However, if we meet again, and the meeting is half as good as that one, then I will once again be happy!

You can carry on with ifs and buts for ever. Roynon wasn't there. Neither was Morris. Birks withdrew. We won and are delighted. Not disappointed in the slightest.

Tongue in cheek a certain greedy Jan O wanted 4 points not 3 after Ash Birks was withdrawn lol

Well done to the Heathens on maintaining their unbeaten league record.