British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Stoke V Dudley (saturday 21st July, Nl. 7:30pm)

We Dudley supporter might go on about our self importance and that we are best in league well at the moment we are please see table for that we are very important to ourselves and to other clubs as we double the takings at most away meetings we rode our luck? How you go on about two riders down so were we though Mr w did great for us we didn't have Adam and ash so the team haven't all ridden together before oh hold on what am I saying neither have stoke as they have never put the same team out twice this season while they muddle there way through the season chopping and changing there top heavy team with one good reserve till next week that is 1500 not good I'd like to see u get that so take a look in the mirror before you criticise we have only had two seasons we have no home of our own but what we do have is a good team good management great fans and most of all a good sense of humour 15 yrs in oblivion and you come down from premier league so i wouldn't be to complacent rant over

never mentioned booing but that to me is part of the game. The Heathens regard themselves as the best in Speedway. Pity it,s only the Heathens that think that. Uset to enjoy visits from Glasgow,Newcastle and Elesmere Port;unfortuately the Dudley drone of self importance is warring on others.The sign of true supports of any sport is that they view the evert through sporting eyes and not see just their sides players/riders. Take yourself off to rugby and see for yourself. Most supporters in speedway? Probably but at 1500 it's still pitiful against most other sports. Good luck to Dudley for the rest of the season and hope wwe meet again in the playoffs and have just a good meeting.

your having a laugh right??? how long has ellesmere port been shut??? al lthe years you were watching premier league speedway we had nothing..no track no team just memories..3 years we have been back with fans who have stayed loyal, we have a saying round our way...once a heathen always a heathen and its true...do you really think i am going to say your fans are better..we love our speedway and the last 3 years have been good, seems to me you hav,nt took to nl racing too well....you tootle off to watch blokes gouging each others eyes out and biting each others ears off...me.. i,ll stick to watching my team ..whatever league were in :wink:
  • Like 1

Oh dear.. I am a Dudley supporter through and through. If I see a good race between two riders then I will applaud them both. As will any Dudley supporter I know. But the thought of applauding every race winner from any opposing them is ridiculous. I support my team, not the opposition. You use the Example of rugby - try using the example of football (which by the way I do not support). How many supporters do you know that applaud when the opposition score?

To applaud every race winner is ridiculous? It's what I do. So I am sorry villiers I come under your ridiculous type. I did not use football as an example as I packed in watching our local team quite a few years ago as I did exactly what you say at the Brit and applauded Middlesbrough scoring as it was a fantastic goal. The reaction from the "fans" was one of kill!!. I too support Stoke through and through but it's the sport that I support more. I do realize that my type of support is a dying one but It's the way I have watched sport for over 60 years and the way i was brought up and i don't expect i will change now.

your having a laugh right??? how long has ellesmere port been shut??? al lthe years you were watching premier league speedway we had nothing..no track no team just memories..3 years we have been back with fans who have stayed loyal, we have a saying round our way...once a heathen always a heathen and its true...do you really think i am going to say your fans are better..we love our speedway and the last 3 years have been good, seems to me you hav,nt took to nl racing too well....you tootle off to watch blokes gouging each others eyes out and biting each others ears off...me.. i,ll stick to watching my team ..whatever league were in :wink:

I have better ways of having a laugh. I was not saying anything about "our" supporters are better than other supporters; all I was saying was that, I enjoyed the banter between the supporters of the teams i mentioned than those that are around today. What has the time that Ellesmere been shut to do with anything? I would expect Heathen fans more than any other to have some thoughts for the Gunners supporters. I have watched speedway since 1976 and sport for a lot longer and you want me to tootle off and leave speedway? A sport that is crying out for supporters and you want me to leave? That would help. You are miles off with the comment about not taking to NL racing. It's the best racing I've seen for years; unfortunately a lot of Stoke supporters do not feel the same and do not go anymore and if Stoke ever decide to go back to premier then I'm not sure they would come back. I take it you do not like rugby then? Pity as you are missing probably the best sport there is and the best supporters there are about. Speedway as a whole has less supporters now than I can ever remember and to tell someone to tootle off really does not help our cause to get more to come and keep it going, for all their support if there are no other teams then Dudley go too.

This year is my 50th year of watching speedway, and never ever do I recall supporters from any club to any degree applauding every race winner, so before we take a trip down memory lane, take off the rose tinted spectacles. I did NOT say you were ridiculous, but the thought of this happening was ridiculous.

This year is my 50th year of watching speedway, and never ever do I recall supporters from any club to any degree applauding every race winner, so before we take a trip down memory lane, take off the rose tinted spectacles. I did NOT say you were ridiculous, but the thought of this happening was ridiculous.

I applaud riders of both teams especially if it's a cracking race as there were last night, I respect the riders for going out and entertaining me regardless of who they ride for but hey each to their own if you don't want to applaud all winners then fine.

Edited by Derek 613
  • Like 1

never mentioned booing but that to me is part of the game. The Heathens regard themselves as the best in Speedway. Pity it,s only the Heathens that think that. Uset to enjoy visits from Glasgow,Newcastle and Elesmere Port;unfortuately the Dudley drone of self importance is warring on others.The sign of true supports of any sport is that they view the evert through sporting eyes and not see just their sides players/riders. Take yourself off to rugby and see for yourself. Most supporters in speedway? Probably but at 1500 it's still pitiful against most other sports. Good luck to Dudley for the rest of the season and hope wwe meet again in the playoffs and have just a good meeting.

Best fans ? Best following - definitely but best fans will always be in the eye of the beholder !

Personally I think there are a number of Dudley fans who are unnecessarily antagonistic to the opposition fans, which is not something I've come across with other teams - and these aren't thuggy looking people either. Even the Dudley fans I know get all mouthy when you see them at a meeting. It's the only time my kids don't go off on their own as they find it intimidating.

I applaud riders of both teams especially if it's a cracking race as there were last night, I respect the riders for going out and entertaining me regardless of who they ride for but hey each to their own if you don't want to applaud all winners then fine.

Yes same here - I applauded Tom Perry a few times last night for creating some cracking races !

2 things. Firstly, I too applauded stoke riders when they were involved in good close races, and I always will whoever we are riding. And I will applaud them no matter who wins. What I actually said (if anyone would care to read my post correctly) is that I do not applaud every opposition race winner.

Secondly with regard to there being a number of Dudley fans who are unnecessarily antagonistic, this really is wearing a bit thin now. As I said, I have followed the Heathens thick and thin for 50 years, and in all that time, I have witnessed 1 fight, and 1 case of handbags at dawn. Not a bad record Id say. Yes we are loud, yes we are vocal, but please don't make it sound like the riot police shoud be on standby.

2 things. Firstly, I too applauded stoke riders when they were involved in good close races, and I always will whoever we are riding. And I will applaud them no matter who wins. What I actually said (if anyone would care to read my post correctly) is that I do not applaud every opposition race winner.

Secondly with regard to there being a number of Dudley fans who are unnecessarily antagonistic, this really is wearing a bit thin now. As I said, I have followed the Heathens thick and thin for 50 years, and in all that time, I have witnessed 1 fight, and 1 case of handbags at dawn. Not a bad record Id say. Yes we are loud, yes we are vocal, but please don't make it sound like the riot police shoud be on standby.

I second this :drink:

I never said you had violent fans, I said some of your fans are unnecessarily antagonistic - there is a difference in being vocal cheering your team on, and jeering the fans of the opposition, screaming who are ya at kids, and ridiculing someone who is being friendly to you, just because they are not a Heathen fan. This is not football. That's not all your fans, but it's a minority that can give a bad name.

Thts not just heathens fans, all clubs have small selection that are the same. Sick of hearing about this all the time, getting boring!

jeering the fans of the opposition, screaming who are ya at kids, and ridiculing someone who is being friendly to you, just because they are not a Heathen fan. .

care to elaborate on this ???

To applaud every race winner is ridiculous? It's what I do. So I am sorry villiers I come under your ridiculous type. I did not use football as an example as I packed in watching our local team quite a few years ago as I did exactly what you say at the Brit and applauded Middlesbrough scoring as it was a fantastic goal. The reaction from the "fans" was one of kill!!. I too support Stoke through and through but it's the sport that I support more. I do realize that my type of support is a dying one but It's the way I have watched sport for over 60 years and the way i was brought up and i don't expect i will change now.

I have better ways of having a laugh. I was not saying anything about "our" supporters are better than other supporters; all I was saying was that, I enjoyed the banter between the supporters of the teams i mentioned than those that are around today. What has the time that Ellesmere been shut to do with anything? I would expect Heathen fans more than any other to have some thoughts for the Gunners supporters. I have watched speedway since 1976 and sport for a lot longer and you want me to tootle off and leave speedway? A sport that is crying out for supporters and you want me to leave? That would help. You are miles off with the comment about not taking to NL racing. It's the best racing I've seen for years; unfortunately a lot of Stoke supporters do not feel the same and do not go anymore and if Stoke ever decide to go back to premier then I'm not sure they would come back. I take it you do not like rugby then? Pity as you are missing probably the best sport there is and the best supporters there are about. Speedway as a whole has less supporters now than I can ever remember and to tell someone to tootle off really does not help our cause to get more to come and keep it going, for all their support if there are no other teams then Dudley go too.

1 what do you call banter????. 2 the dudley drone of self importance...sarcastic comment in reference to a light hearted comment from a fan of another club., 3 i and quite a few others have signed the ellesmere port petition..what more can i do ??..you like rugby...i follow the nfl . a bit of shouting a t a speedway meeting is and always has gone on..harmless stuff some people are just too serious, sadly the days when tracks were packed with thousands have gone..can you imagine what would have been said if the internet had been around then so people could spew out what they wanted...nowadays things fester for days..even weeks...sad really.............and i never said give up speedway either ;) Edited by wembley81