British Speedway Forum

isn't that basically the same team that failed miserably this year but with Schlein in it

Such is speedway... however no it isn't the same team tbh.

Aspgren would be riding at reserve with a seasons experience under his belt (unlike last year thrown to the dogs at no 2).

Thorssell has already shown he can score pts at no 7, which is a significant upgrade on Sowka.. again, has some experience under his belt.

Lindgren had a bad year last year by his standards and will surely do better.

Woffinden to remain as is, although he is still improving so may be more to come, particularly away from home.

Wells/Proctor to remain as is, steady pts scorers in the middle of the team. Proctor if doubling up would be riding with confidence.

Klindt at No 2 would be very strong and likely to add a pt back to his average. Less pressure in that role.

Schlein, if he stays clear of injury is also more than capable of adding at least a pt to his average, maybe more as not riding at No 1.

Don't want to be a killjoy but good as that 7 looks I wonder what other clubs could come up with at 42.50??

Would it still look the business then?? :unsure:

We won't know till the teams are formed.

One things for sure, if the door isn't closed on the 4.00 foreigner than Poole will be walking it again if they have Pawlicki junior.

I think the Woffinden story in todays Sunday Mercury, is just pure nonsense to be honest. Seems like the media likes to get involved in the' silly season', just like the fans.

I will be amazed if Woffinden quits Britain, in the article he says, he is looking for more commercial backing so he can ride in the GP's on the best possible equipment. So what sense would it make for him to not ride in his home country, where I presume most of his sponsor's/backing is?

Interesting to read that Tai Woffinden rates the Gary Peterson memorial meeting as 'a meeting that doesn't mean anything'. Incredibly insensitive thing to say about a former Wolves rider, even if he did mean it in the context of him carefully choosing his meetings for next year. Foot in mouth springs to mind....

• Like 1

Woffinden, Lindgren, Schlein, Wells/Proctor, Klindt, Aspgren, Thorssell.

This team listed is different to last years team as it has 3 recognised heat leaders and two good second strings while the reserves have a years experience and Pontus has shown in the last month or so he could be a bargain in 2013 but unlikely to find himself stuck at #2 again. It has balance but most importantly potential with Freddie, Rory and Pontus sure to improve while Ricky was averaging around seven at the end of last season while Nicolai should be back to 6+.

Last season it was a big gamble on two new riders and Ricky improving while the top two needed to do their job. Out of these only Ricky did his part and while Tai improved, he was out injured for some time while Freddie had some nightmare meetings.

Frankly it would be a great team, but I have doubts if it will happen and wouldn't be suprised to see Ricky doubling up with someone and Ty doubling up with someone else while Nicolai goes out on loan again. Jacob going on loan to a PL team (or Poole) and the last two places going to a 4.00 rider (Michelsen) and a six point rider like Kennett, Janowski, Bridger or most likely Miskowiak.

So the team I think is more likely but not as solid if the limit is 42.50 is ... Woffinden, Lindgren, Miskowiak, Wells/?, Proctor/?, Michelsen, Aspgren .......... Doubling up partners Bridger ?, Nermark ?, Stead ?, Howe ?, Wolbert ?..... maybe even Nicolai but cant see him not riding abroad.

Woffinden, Lindgren, Schlein, Wells/Proctor, Klindt, Aspgren, Thorssell.

This team listed is different to last years team as it has 3 recognised heat leaders and two good second strings while the reserves have a years experience and Pontus has shown in the last month or so he could be a bargain in 2013 but unlikely to find himself stuck at #2 again. It has balance but most importantly potential with Freddie, Rory and Pontus sure to improve while Ricky was averaging around seven at the end of last season while Nicolai should be back to 6+.

Last season it was a big gamble on two new riders and Ricky improving while the top two needed to do their job. Out of these only Ricky did his part and while Tai improved, he was out injured for some time while Freddie had some nightmare meetings.

Frankly it would be a great team, but I have doubts if it will happen and wouldn't be suprised to see Ricky doubling up with someone and Ty doubling up with someone else while Nicolai goes out on loan again. Jacob going on loan to a PL team (or Poole) and the last two places going to a 4.00 rider (Michelsen) and a six point rider like Kennett, Janowski, Bridger or most likely Miskowiak.

So the team I think is more likely but not as solid if the limit is 42.50 is ... Woffinden, Lindgren, Miskowiak, Wells/?, Proctor/?, Michelsen, Aspgren .......... Doubling up partners Bridger ?, Nermark ?, Stead ?, Howe ?, Wolbert ?..... maybe even Nicolai but cant see him not riding abroad.

TNT.......according to you on the Wolfpack forum, Michelsen is a certainty for 2013 yet only gets a small mention in this post! You also have Thorssell in all of your 2013 line ups yet now throw in a line to say he may be going to Poole! Wolves would have to be insane to let a 3 point ASSET with massive potential go elsewhere don't you think? So, where on earth do you get that from?

Agreed, would be a very solid team TNT.

Some will no doubt not like the inclusion of Klindt. However, at this stage in his career he reminds me of David Howe. A no no to line up as a heat leader, but a definate yes to line up as a 2nd string.

Oh dear, does that mean you will now turn on Nic and slate him at every opportunity? :P

Would Matey Kus not coming into the Wolves reckoning in DU role?

Was desperate to see him in Wolves colours but was hugely disappointed with his appearances this season.

How about giving Kenneth Hansen another go he wants to ride in the uk dont know what average he would come in on.

Been there ............done it.....time to move on

Oh dear, does that mean you will now turn on Nic and slate him at every opportunity? :P

Incorrect as ever Steve.

All I, and others, ever said about David Howe was, great second string.. not a heat leader. We were right, you were woefully wrong. Move on.

The situation with Nicolai is the same. Riding at no 2 on a sub 6pt average, he's a bargain. Should season end he be on 6.7, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to include him the following year.

Incorrect as ever Steve.

All I, and others, ever said about David Howe was, great second string.. not a heat leader. We were right, you were woefully wrong. Move on.

The situation with Nicolai is the same. Riding at no 2 on a sub 6pt average, he's a bargain. Should season end he be on 6.7, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to include him the following year.

Thats clear. We should hear no more of your nit picking when others state that Nicolai is improving.

Thanks for the clarity. :t:

speedwaygb.com

WOLVERHAMPTON asset Kenneth Hansen is keen on a return to UK racing next season.

The Danish star, who also rode for Workington and Peterborough, has taken time out in order to qualify as a financial advisor – but his studies are now reaching an end and he’s ready to race.

Hansen said: “I feel ready to come back to the UK and give it everything I’ve got to see what I can achieve in the sport.

“I’ve had some very good scores in the Elite League but I also felt the time was right for me to secure a future for myself after Speedway and I am sending off my final study papers next week here in Denmark.”

I don't think its a bad shout to have him at reserve especially if one of the current reserves doesn't return. What average is he on? :approve: :approve: :approve:

I don't think its a bad shout to have him at reserve especially if one of the current reserves doesn't return. What average is he on? :approve: :approve: :approve:

think after his spell at Panthers in 2009 he was on a GSA of 5.83.....

Don't think that will get him to reserve for anyone....

Good value though in 2009 . loved watching him around the EOES ;)

Reckon his average is to high for reserve.