British Speedway Forum

Not much exciting out of the BSPA conference. Top news is that we host a GB v Australia test match

seems a lot of common sense this time, which is unusual, no silly comps and a donation to the aussie scholarship.

• Like 1

seems a lot of common sense this time, which is unusual, no silly comps and a donation to the aussie scholarship.

Pleased they ditched that ridiculous Premier Challenge trophy

Excited to find out who Ryes number one is. I'm going for Olly Allen. I was told by Lewis Bridger its not him

Excited to find out who Ryes number one is. I'm going for Olly Allen. I was told by Lewis Bridger its not him

Phew thats a relief :rofl:

Personally would prefer Bridger over Allen but both genuine number ones

I don't think Bridger likes the Rye track too much and as an Eastbourne rider why would he double up with a saturday track?...

Personally wouldn't want him in the team.

Kennett would be my choice, Olly Allen would also do a very good job.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Jens Rasmussen back.......or Martin Goodwin!! ;)

• Like 1

What about Nick Morris he has been left out of Scunthorpe's 1-7 ??

I believe he is on a 8.00 average

Decent shout and room for improvement.

Is Nick Morris really the out and out number 1 that's going to score double points at every track home and away as described by Len in the Mercury?

Arguably he's also the spectacular rider that Len isn't looking for.

Oliver Allen however does fit that description, and if Twitter hints are anything to go by I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team nor would I be disappointed with his inclusion!

He dominated the Premier League a few years back with King's Lynn and I'd say his only downfall is the amount of injuries he seems to pick up.

Oliver Allen, Anders Mellgren, Tyson Nelson, Jason Bunyan, Jason Garrity, Simon Lambert and Kasper Lykke? Certainly has the potential to do well IMO.

• Like 1

Oliver Allen however does fit that description, and if Twitter hints are anything to go by I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team nor would I be disappointed with his inclusion!

He dominated the Premier League a few years back with King's Lynn and I'd say his only downfall is the amount of injuries he seems to pick up.

Oliver Allen, Anders Mellgren, Tyson Nelson, Jason Bunyan, Jason Garrity, Simon Lambert and Kasper Lykke? Certainly has the potential to do well IMO.

That's the line up sent to the BSPA for approval

Edited by Shadders

That's the line up sent to the BSPA for approval

You are kidding?

Ollie Allan...... :rofl:

Is Nick Morris really the out and out number 1 that's going to score double points at every track home and away as described by Len in the Mercury?

Arguably he's also the spectacular rider that Len isn't looking for.

The more I think about it, I don't think you will be far off with the above team.

Gives Len a bit of wriggle room with SL in the team to replace with Luke if he is not doing so well, later in the season.

If Ollie can stay fit then he can certainly match most of the other number 1's in the PL and as Ash say's he meets the criteria set out in Lens description recently.

Taken from BSPA site, Len stated.

"Both John Sampford and myself ignored actual points averages and have put together the seven riders best able to bring potential success for the club"

In other words, Lisa or Hazel nicked the calculator and we couldn't do the addings up between us, so we chose a team that is about 10 points under the max allowed :rofl:

Edited by bolly
  • Like 1