British Speedway Forum

Robert Mear having some laps after the Somerset meeting tonight

Interesting to see Robert Mear lastnight, Craig said something about having only 28 Elite meetings, he was getting a bit of track time! Not sure if he was checking out something on his bike.

Interesting to see Robert Mear lastnight, Craig said something about having only 28 Elite meetings, he was getting a bit of track time! Not sure if he was checking out something on his bike.

Could be something as simple as that. People putting 2 and 2 together and all that. Mear has reportedly fallen out with the Rye promotion since he left, so why should they be doing him any favours? Another spanner in the works would be his full time job, which he may or may not still have.

Jason Garrity guesting at reserve for Glasgow in their LC match with Berwick today, taking a sneaky look at the track before our KOC match there. Fingers crossed he stays safe.

Edited by Shadders

That may be true but after their apparent fall out the mere fact Len is letting him have track time suggests more.

That may be true but after their apparent fall out the mere fact Len is letting him have track time suggests more.

I was discussing this with Bolly last night. I'm not sure, but by my reckoning he comes in at around 7.10, converted from his 4.44 EL average. If we redeclared without Bunyan and Lambert it would leave us with under 3 points for the final rider, so it's a no go if my maths is right.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/issues13/pl13_dec_1.pdf

Edited by Shadders

Apparently he wasn't happy with his bike at Lakeside on the Friday night so was at Rye last night simply sorting out the gremlins.

Given how local he lives to the track it's not surprising if he popped down every now and then for a practice.

I was discussing this with Bolly last night. I'm not sure, but by my reckoning he comes in at around 7.10, converted from his 4.44 EL average. If we redeclared without Bunyan and Lambert it would leave us with under 3 points for the final rider, so it's a no go if my maths is right.

http://www.speedwayg.../pl13_dec_1.pdf

Current team 2.58 below limit, Bunyan 5.14 so Mear would fit with current 6 riders if he replace Bunny.

Current team 2.58 below limit, Bunyan 5.14 so Mear would fit with current 6 riders if he replace Bunny.

With Ben Morley at reserve? Maths was never my strong point! :blink:

With Ben Morley at reserve? Maths was never my strong point! :blink:

no , keeping lambert in team

Allen 9.62

mear 7.40

mellgren 6.47

nelson 5.33

garrity 4.67

lambert 4.41

lykke 4.28

=42.18

Lambert says his team place is "being kept open by Len and John". Morley it is then until whenever Lambert is fit. Lambert has no idea when he'll be fit by the way as might need an operation.

So a team that was horribly below the limit already is now even worse with a NL rider in who will struggle. Great management. I fear a thrashing of an awful Plymouth side has made Len think this side is better than it is.

Usual lack of ambition shown by Silver. Is the silly old duffer so blind that he can't see that if he gets Garrity and Lykke at reserve then not many teams will beat Rye.

Edited by Chris

Playing devil's advocate here, Mear's 4.44 EL average converts to 7.40 in PL terms, Bring him in and we have 4.73 to play with to sign another rider under the 42.5 limit, Garrity is on 4.67 so there's not much scope but we could get him to reserve.

A rider who would fit, granted, one I've never rated is Lubos Tomicek, but the desired effect of getting Garrity to reserve is met if he is signed. Once Lambert is fit, he replaces Tomicek, by that time Garrity will have a new average and be back in the main team regardless.

When Bunyan is fit, he can also step back in too as the two riders who I am suggesting signing have higher averages than the men they are replacing respectively. Of course if the riders we signed were riding better than the others they would hopefully keep their places.

My preferred route is still Nedermark and Tresarrieu:

1. Allen

2. Tresarrieu

3. Mellgren

4. Nedermark

5. Nelson

6. Lykke

7. Garrity

That team would take some serious stopping.

Lambert says his team place is "being kept open by Len and John". Morley it is then until whenever Lambert is fit. Lambert has no idea when he'll be fit by the way as might need an operation.

So a team that was horribly below the limit already is now even worse with a NL rider in who will struggle. Great management. I fear a thrashing of an awful Plymouth side has made Len think this side is better than it is.

Usual lack of ambition shown by Silver. Is the silly old duffer so blind that he can't see that if he gets Garrity and Lykke at reserve then not many teams will beat Rye.

So Chris what did you think of the team on track when you actually saw them at Rye House, Ipswich or Plymouth ? Whatever the averages say I think that we have some of the most exciting and capable of improvement riders in the league.

Every member of the original seven has impressed at times, so unlucky to have another injury strewn start to the season like last year, team management would not of helped Bunyan and Lambert in their accidents, both sustained while trying to overtake opposing riders.

Come and have a chat with us next time you get to track. Inline with the startline at the front of the stand.

Go and read my thoughts on the Ipswich thread, not repeating them.

The side has potential in it, any idiot can see that which is why Silver needs to do what he should have done in pre season and get Lykke and Garrity at reserve. If he does that now Rye will be right up there, if not mid to lower table riding in front of 300 again at the end of the season.

Its up to the old boy. I think we know which way he'll go though.

Go and read my thoughts on the Ipswich thread, not repeating them.

The side has potential in it, any idiot can see that which is why Silver needs to do what he should have done in pre season and get Lykke and Garrity at reserve. If he does that now Rye will be right up there, if not mid to lower table riding in front of 300 again at the end of the season.

Its up to the old boy. I think we know which way he'll go though.

But theres a difference between any idiot seeing it written on the internet or in the paper and supporters who have actually seen and experienced the quality and enthusiasm of the young riders on track commenting on personal experience.

I think most of your objections from previous years have now been rectified.

Out and out number one, tick.

Exciting new riders, tick.

new shale and binder to reduce dust and produce better racing, tick.

prices not increased now in line with most other PL clubs, tick.

Hatred of Len Silver, still there i'm afraid.

I am not in Lens little team or one of his mates, but I do like to know that Rye is not in threat of bankruptcy or begging for cash every season.

Make the best of what we have and the sport that we follow.

Support your team.

I think most of your objections from previous years have now been rectified.

Out and out number one, tick.

Exciting new riders, tick.

new shale and binder to reduce dust and produce better racing, tick.

prices not increased now in line with most other PL clubs, tick.

Hatred of Len Silver, still there i'm afraid.

I am not in Lens little team or one of his mates, but I do like to know that Rye is not in threat of bankruptcy or begging for cash every season.

Make the best of what we have and the sport that we follow.

Support your team.

I was told that the pits are fully open before the meeting for fans to wander around. Also the supporters are encouraged to mingle with the riders in the long bar after the meeting. This is an encouraging development, which shows that Silver does listen to the regular paying customers that have been banging on at how fan unfriendly Rye House had become. I'm still not convinced that this line up are contenders for silverware, opportunity missed during the winter, likely to be due to financial constraints, so I can see Chris's side of the argument as well as yours.

I'm definitely not in Silvers little team or one of his mates either!!!

Edited by Shadders

Shadders, I'm not saying we are going to win the league or cup this year, but if the guys carry on like they have started its going to be interesting watching them try )))

Mid table to outside chance of play-offs as long as not to many more injuries. With Anders, Kasper, Jason G and Tyson all improving their averages.