British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scunny Stag

Scunthorpe Mini Track - Practice/training/experience Days (mostly With Wayne Carter) - Next With Spaces 15th December

Scunthorpe Speedway's mini training track is the best place for riders to learn the art of sliding. Forget 500cc bikes and big tracks! They can come later. The 92m boarded circuit at the Eddie Wright Raceway is the perfect shape to encourage riders to get the back wheel sliding whilst Wayne Carter who runs regular public session has proven over the last five years that he is an outstanding tutor. Whilst Steve Worrall, Luke Chessell and so many of the current crop of under-16s have had their first speedway experiences around the training track probably the best advert for it is 15-year old Max Clegg who has spent more time than anyone on the track and has fantastic balance and ability to turn a bike.

So if you are wanting to take up the sport or simply have an afternoon giving the sport a go then head to Scunthorpe. The majority who attend the Wayne Carter sessions use the club equipment (bikes, boots and clothing) which is available for an all-inclusive price of £70. So don't be afraid, most attending can be classed as novices and there is lots of track time.

The club bikes vary in engine size from 125cc to 150cc with the slightly larger-engined bikes offering enough horse power for even the most skilled riders. Also thanks to Mike Cowley of FB Race Plates 2012 has seen us have plenty of steel shoes so that all can use them (rather than wearing out the soles of the boots).

Riders using their own bikes are also welcome to join in for a contribution of £25 whilst the track is available for practice when Wayne isn't present for just £20 (please call to book).

Places for Wayne's sessions, which usually run from 12pm to 4pm, are strictly limited so do need to be booked and that can be done by calling me on 07832-402167 or e-mailing me at richard@scunthorpespeedway.com (Like everyone at Scunthorpe I do this on a voluntary basis so if I'm at work you will probably get my voicemail so please leave a message and I will call you back).

Up and coming 2012/3 dates with Wayne Carter are:

Sunday 2nd December - fully booked

Saturday 15th December

Sunday 20th January

Saturday 2nd February

Sunday 17th February

Saturday 2nd March

Sunday 17th March

Saturday 30th March

Sunday 14th April

Saturday 27th April

Sunday 12th May

Saturday 25th May

Sunday 9th June

Saturday 22nd June

Sunday 7th July

Saturday 20th July

Sunday 4th August

Saturday 17th August

Sunday 1st September

Saturday 14th September

Sunday 29th September

Saturday 12th October

Sunday 27th October

Saturday 9th November

Sunday 24th November

Saturday 7th December

The track can also be booked for groups with the cost being £600 for a maximum of 12 riders.

More info plus pictures, videos and feedback can all be found at http://www.scunthorp...ay.com/mini.php

Edited by Scunny Stag

A few spaces available for this weekend, Saturday 22nd September.

20th October now fully booked. Places on all the others prior to Christmas

Spaces available for 15th December. Last chance before the New Year