British Speedway Forum

Dudley have a possibility of 3 remaining home matches with 4 available Tuesdays. From what I'm hearing, that's more available dates than some clubs have got.

Only THREE available Tuesdays (as the Olympique is on Tues. 16th.) And those three Tuesdays, of course, includes the 30th. October...: the penultimate day of the season and pushing the deadline to almost the limit...

I doubt IOW v Mildenhall will be on either tonight.

Well of course it has indeed been rained off. :cry:

As posted yesterday coz both legs of the other P/O semi aren't now 'til next Tues. & Weds, the IoW second leg being now on the 9th. too hasn't in truth affected much the progress of the P/Os...

Only THREE available Tuesdays (as the Olympique is on Tues. 16th.) And those three Tuesdays, of course, includes the 30th. October...: the penultimate day of the season and pushing the deadline to almost the limit...

yeah sorry, I forgot that one, but don't forget that Wednesdays are also reserved for speedway at Monmore, so I don't see a problem.

yeah sorry, I forgot that one, but don't forget that Wednesdays are also reserved for speedway at Monmore, so I don't see a problem.

Yes, well I really think a Weds (well specifically the 17th.) will be needed...

To be honest, even though the weather has been bad this year, I simply cannot believe that a league that consists of only 8 teams is struggling to get all its fixtures completed. Plain stupid.

• Like 2

To be honest, even though the weather has been bad this year, I simply cannot believe that a league that consists of only 8 teams is struggling to get all its fixtures completed. Plain stupid.

Indeed.

One team still has to stage THREE home NL matches....!!!! :shock:

A bit of good news for the Heathens ahead of the PO fixtures. Bekker has not broken his leg. That should give the lads a bit of a lift after what must have been a tough day yesterday. Also, Roynon is planning to ride at the weekend so may be back before the end of the season. Great news that he's obviously recovering well but not sure how I feel about him riding again this year.

Adam and Byron both want to be there for the final racing. Adam is riding this weekend for Workington so be interesting to see how he gets on

There could be some interesting twists for the play off final if the IOW fail to overturn Mildenhalls advantage in the semi .

Apparently Dudley want the first leg of the final at home leaving The Tigers with only the 31st Oct being available as a date for West Row . They obviously could not leave it till then so alternative tracks have been discussed with earlier dates .

Foxhall perhaps ?

I'm thinking the Heathens are going down this road as they want to have a lead in case the 2nd leg doesn't end up happening for whatever reason and they would win on 1st leg score ! ( and fully within their rights do so btw )

Just a theory and no doubt I will get slaughtered for my opinion !

Edited by Super Blue

I'd imagine King's Lynn is the more likely venue.

They can ride there pretty much anytime as Buster owns the stadium. Ipswich, on the other hand, have some limits imposed on them, plus they still have a few home meetings to slot in.

• Like 1

It is good news that maybe Adam and Byron may ride on Tues in the double header. More importantly the other Dudley riders who do not ride prem will not get any competitive track time whilst Mildenhall will in theory ride today at home, The Isle on Tues, Individual at home Fri, Stoke on Sat. We saw at home last tues what happens with rusty riders and the 4 meets Mildy do will keep them race ready.

It is good news that maybe Adam and Byron may ride on Tues in the double header. More importantly the other Dudley riders who do not ride prem will not get any competitive track time whilst Mildenhall will in theory ride today at home, The Isle on Tues, Individual at home Fri, Stoke on Sat. We saw at home last tues what happens with rusty riders and the 4 meets Mildy do will keep them race ready.

Mildenhall today (vs Stoke in NT) was rained off; due to be restaged Friday instead of the indiv.

This is very correct in my opinion. Perhaps the Heathens should have entered the National Trophy or had a few Challenge matches to be match fit as a team when the PO's come around. A mistake I'm afraid that may come back to haunt us by the 31st October! hope I am wrong tho'!

It has now been confirmed, that should Mildenhall Qualify for The Play Off final,, the 2nd Leg will be held at Mildenhall On Wednesday 24th.

This is very correct in my opinion. Perhaps the Heathens should have entered the National Trophy or had a few Challenge matches to be match fit as a team when the PO's come around. A mistake I'm afraid that may come back to haunt us by the 31st October! hope I am wrong tho'!

Wasn`t the NL just for teams with their own track?.....a few challenge matches would be nice but Dudley only have 16 dates available for some reason I`ve never quite figured out