British Speedway Forum

Would like a top 5 of Hans, Batch, Morris, Killer and Zengi. Would leave about 7 points left for reserves with a 41 point limit. Don't think its an unrealistic top 5 and we would have some continuity from this season which is always good.

For people who say Zengota is unreliable, where do you get this idea from? I can't recall him ever letting us down. He is a bargain on his average and hes an asset. His return is a no brainer for me.

I think zengi would have been in the side this year, but the management weren't perhaps convinced he had fully recovered from his injury. He did look poor at the back end of last season at blunsdon. I like zengi though. Really quick from the tapes, appears to be committed and has ridden all the tracks. Scored decently at poole, coventry and did ok at wolves. Got a big score 16 I think, at peterborough too.

Zengi has to be considered, an average attained at all tracks, so with plenty of scope for Improvement, just don't let the terrible twins tap him up. :shock: ps highly reliable 31/33 matches in 2010

Edited by noggin

Aftre his performances for us this year, how about givinng Seb Alden a place?

Guess the sticking point is his Allsvenskan clashes on thursdays?...otherwise on a bargain average possibly

I like Zengi although i wouldnt have had him as a late season quick fix this year over a whole season well worth a punt...reliable decent rider who can pop out of the gate and not as a certain Poole poster once felt a one trick pony...saw on a few occasionshe would be abject at a first visit then seem much improved on the second...Wimborne Rd to name but a few

Zengi has to be considered, an average attained at all tracks, so with plenty of scope for Improvement, just don't let the terrible twins tap him up. :shock: ps highly reliable 31/33 matches in 2010

And that was when he was probably at risk of missing more due to his age and categorizing in Poland

Would like a top 5 of Hans, Batch, Morris, Killer and Zengi. Would leave about 7 points left for reserves with a 41 point limit. Don't think its an unrealistic top 5 and we would have some continuity from this season which is always good.

For people who say Zengota is unreliable, where do you get this idea from? I can't recall him ever letting us down. He is a bargain on his average and hes an asset. His return is a no brainer for me.

I expect Zengota costs to much, bargain average or not .

Each to their own re team building, that said I do struggle with some of the logic..it's stating the flaming obvious but you are looking for people with the ability to fundamentally improve on their starting averages, either because it's "false" or because they are progressive or for any other reason.

Yes they need to be reliable, good team men, give back to the club, get along with each other etc but fundamentally you want people who will increase their averages.

On that basis people will have to explain why they wouldn't touch a u21 world champ on a 6 odd average. Plenty scope to improve, knows the tracks, reliable and a nice lad by all accounts.

Zengota - 7 point rider on a 5 and a half average, professional, reliable, same applies.

We can dream of Pavlic etc but sure question has been asked and he doesn't want to be here or he would be (although a nice cameo for the play offs would be lovely).

I see my boy Roundabout has been on the sauce again, another gem :-)

Let's go with;

Hans, Morris, Zengi, Killer, Magic, Alden/Bjerre and Lil Frank. Might not work mathematically but football about to kick off again and can't be bothered to add it up.

Ps - I can already hear..."3 poles, no thanks, we'll never have a side" if you post that please qualify it with how many meetings Frank and magic have missed in the UK this year :-)

The sauce is reserved for a friday or saturday night odin! I think your side looks good for blunsdon but would struggle away from home I reckon. Mid table at best.

• Like 1

On current form Batch is riding better than Hansi and led the side well with new-found maturity at Perry Barr. Killer has taken so many major scalps this year, great first full season in top div. I would always have Kid Morris and Doyley in there if poss. Zengi worth a try. Just dont want to see too many changes.

The approx av total of the present team is 45.25, last declared averages, and it seems that that the new limit will be around 41or42. The total needs to reduce by 4 or 5 so is is better to have only one of the current top two, and only replace one of the others, or keep Hans and Troy and have less points available for the reserves.

I agree with others and would like to keep PK and have Nick and Jason continue as d/u riders, as they seem to ride better the more meetings they have. If we keep Nick and Jason as d/u riders we could continue to use Seb and poss LB.

PK at 6.82, Nick at 5.87 and Jason 6.38 give a total 19 app, Hans has 8.09 and Troy 7.72 which if both were kept = 34.88 which leaves 6 or 7 for the last two.

Can anyone confirm the av that Zengi would have as his inclusion in place of Hans or Troy could give a few more points for the reserves.

The other major point is which riders will be available. Will Jason be riding for Poole, Troy or Hans for the team they are an "asset" of.

Edited by A ORLOV

The approx av total of the present team is 45.25, last declared averages, and it seems that that the new limit will be around 41or42. The total needs to reduce by 4 or 5 so is is better to have only one of the current top two, and only replace one of the others, or keep Hans and Troy and have less points available for the reserves.

I agree with others and would like to keep PK and have Nick and Jason continue as d/u riders, as they seem to ride better the more meetings they have. If we keep Nick and Jason as d/u riders we could continue to use Seb and poss LB.

PK at 6.82, Nick at 5.87 and Jason 6.38 give a total 19 app, Hans has 8.09 and Troy 7.72 which if both were kept = 34.88 which leaves 6 or 7 for the last two.

Can anyone confirm the av that Zengi would have as his inclusion in place of Hans or Troy could give a few more points for the reserves.

The other major point is which riders will be available. Will Jason be riding for Poole, Troy or Hans for the team they are an "asset" of.

Zengi 5.57

How about :-

1 Batch

2 Morris/Stead

3 Zengota

4 Kildemand

5 Doyle/Alden

7 Lampost

It would be good to see some continuity with the team..

Zengi 5.57

Does Zengi want to ride though?

5.57! 5.57? Why does that average ring a bell? Didn't you have another rider with that average who also didn't want to ride for you? :wink::P

• Like 2

How about :-

1 Batch

2 Morris/Stead

3 Zengota

4 Kildemand

5 Doyle/Alden

7 Lampost

It would be good to see some continuity with the team..

That would be fine leaving about 4 for the other reserve, but still not sure if Batch or Hans is best option as number 1..

Edited by A ORLOV

What we couldn't have is the batch we saw in his previous stint at number one. If it were him ahead of hans, I would be a little nervous of our prospects. When in form, batch is terrific to watch. His gating recently has been sublime. Against lakeside, he trapped five times out of five. Sure, he was passed twice by a very determined nicholls, but a number one needs to be quick from the tapes. I would like to keep the spine of this years team. That would leave us as orlovski has pointed out, not much to play with at reserve. However, if the management can make an inspired signing, such as mikkel b jensen or one of the other promising young danes, then we would look pretty good again.

Dont think Batch is a number 1 at the moment, even though he finished 6th. in the averages last year. The Blunsdon fans are used to having powerhouse number 1s, Briggo, Leigh, Crumpie, Ashby,etc., Even though Schleiny has had a bad year, mainly through illness, he has proved himself as a number 1 last year. I like Bomber as well. Would rather have stronger reserves than Batch and Hansi together. Lampost and Super Si are powerhouse reserves, the best in the league this year. I would take Doyley over Seba.