British Speedway Forum

I heard Miedzinski is Swindons new number one.

Number one pantomime villain! :t:

No news coming out the Q&A tonight?

The big announcement was that the big announcement is tomorrow!

We have a headline sponsor appears to be the big news announcement. We will be known as The Excalibur Robins this coming season.

A pretty cool name I think.

And it looks like the Christmas light switch on has been rearranged for the 5th of December. Lets hope we have a few of the lads there.

Edited by BuzzCagney

And the team will be sporting purple kevlars on their travels :)

The Excalibur Robins - has a winning ring to it :)

Edited by Steve0

The mention of securing assets with the finances really pleased me, just hope no1 priority is making Kid Morris a robin on a permanent basis. Every chance that him and Killer will be our heat leaders within 12 months so let's make them both ours

• Like 1

What a fantastic name! The mighty league winning Robins will be putting all the wannabes to the sword too! :party:

are we supposed to be dancing in the streets of the town tonight about this "big exciting announcement"?

Exciting for the promoter's financial position maybe, but not really for the average spectator

is anyone really going to say "I'm off to see the excalibur robins tonight"

are we supposed to be dancing in the streets of the town tonight about this "big exciting announcement"?

Exciting for the promoter's financial position maybe, but not really for the average spectator

Nige, I understand where you're coming from, but hidden away in the press release they mention using the 5 figure cash injection to buy assets. I dare say if they'd released a statement saying "Excalibur Robins on asset buying spree for 2013" we might feel like dancing in the streets, but so would the likes of Glasgow who'd then know they can drive up the price of Nick based on our new found 'wealth'. Public Relations is a tough game and I think they've got it about spot on this time

Probably not the exciting announcement Swindon fans were expecting, but anything that brings money into the sport during these times of austerity should be celebrated. Well done Patch and Rosco! Have to agree too that the "Excalibur Robins" has something of a ring to it!

Good news for the club for 2013 and a good team name. Saw the car last night and it will stand out when being driven around the town and at away matches.

Absolutely they will!