British Speedway Forum

We were never offered anything.

Thank you for confirming Gary, well if thats the case that's very poor. An offer of some sort should have been tabled.

Agreed.

That's not true Patch and you know it. Both you and Rosco were offered one of Middlo's "Poole Tourism" T shirts and two bricks at the new super duper national speedway stadium. Uncle Matt isn't to blame if you can't spot a good deal when you're offered one.

Correction, we weren't offered anything of any value :lol:

• Like 2

That's not true Patch and you know it. Both you and Rosco were offered one of Middlo's "Poole Tourism" T shirts and two bricks at the new super duper national speedway stadium. Uncle Matt isn't to blame if you can't spot a good deal when you're offered one.

Think the Middlo pit shirt and a Poole Pottery Ltd Edition fruit bowl may have just edged it...or a £100 voucher for his warehouse....

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1

Why the flipping heck are we worrying about next year-there's this year still to be decided and it's not over until the fat tart warbles!

• Like 5

I suggest you lie on thiws thread, list a load of no hopers and past it riders and hope Matt steals one of them and not your decent riders. I suggest you start with Bjarne Pedersen, Ricky Kling, Sam Masters and Linus Eklof.

As far as im aware Poole paid £38,000 for Darcy. Based on the fact he was 17 at the time and was commited to Britain. Adrian on the other hand could not promise more than 1 season which i would imagine reflected in the money offered?

Not so committed now :rolleyes:

Maybe Swindon could table a bid for Darcy if he can't be fitted in at Poole?

Why would we do that if he doesn't want to ride in the UK? You trying to offload some of your assets that probably won't ride here again - Crump, Holder, Ward etc. A good bit of business there - money well spent! :rofl: Another reason why the asset system is outdated! You can always buy Judas now - now that he is an 8 point rider it will cost you more to use him - oh - hold on - why don't you just poach him again :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Each to their own re team building, that said I do struggle with some of the logic..it's stating the flaming obvious but you are looking for people with the ability to fundamentally improve on their starting averages, either because it's "false" or because they are progressive or for any other reason.

Yes they need to be reliable, good team men, give back to the club, get along with each other etc but fundamentally you want people who will increase their averages.

On that basis people will have to explain why they wouldn't touch a u21 world champ on a 6 odd average. Plenty scope to improve, knows the tracks, reliable and a nice lad by all accounts.

Zengota - 7 point rider on a 5 and a half average, professional, reliable, same applies.

We can dream of Pavlic etc but sure question has been asked and he doesn't want to be here or he would be (although a nice cameo for the play offs would be lovely).

I see my boy Roundabout has been on the sauce again, another gem :-)

Let's go with;

Hans, Morris, Zengi, Killer, Magic, Alden/Bjerre and Lil Frank. Might not work mathematically but football about to kick off again and can't be bothered to add it up.

Ps - I can already hear..."3 poles, no thanks, we'll never have a side" if you post that please qualify it with how many meetings Frank and magic have missed in the UK this year :-)

• Like 1

Would like to see Batch in next year, once he got his bikes sorted he's gone well home and away. Settled in nicely and interacts with the fans. :t:

Would like to see Batch in next year, once he got his bikes sorted he's gone well home and away. Settled in nicely and interacts with the fans. :t:

I'd happily go along with that Red Robin, Batch has improved after a dodgy start and has a lower average than Hans as a result, would be happy with either of those two to add to Killer and young Nick Morris...

• Like 1

Would be happy with both Red Robin and yerropes but the points limit may mean we can only have one or the other, but agree about Killer and Nick.

Edited by A ORLOV

Aftre his performances for us this year, how about givinng Seb Alden a place?