British Speedway Forum
oldtimer

Somerset Bv Newcastle Double Header 28th Sept

Somerset will be against Newcastle in a double header Premier Trophy and League Play Off matches this Friday. The Somerset web site says start time is 7pm, but I thought they were not allowed to start before 7-30pm, assume council is now more flexible. Fortunately the local weather forecast for Friday is good. Anyone know what's wrong with the unofficial web site, the new topics does not work?

Edited by oldtimer

Somerset will be against Newcastle in a double header Premier Trophy and League Play Off matches this Friday. The Somerset web site says start time is 7pm, but I thought they were not allowed to start before 7-30pm, assume council is now more flexible. Fortunately the local weather forecast for Friday is good. Anyone know what's wrong with the unofficial web site, the new topics does not work?

As far as I am aware, that has never been the case.

• Like 1

Anyone know what's wrong with the unofficial web site, the new topics does not work?

Just tried it OT and its works OK

Can't make Friday will catch up with you the following week

Anyone know what's wrong with the unofficial web site, the new topics does not work?

Works for me Howard

Could someone please check that I have got the admission prices correct for this meeting - or am I having one of my senior moments!

Admission for Adults is £23

Admission with rain off ticket (paid £14 last Weds) + £2 voucher is £14.

So basically I will be paying £28 with no discount for the voucher which is more than the £23 admission being offered .............or have I got it wrong?

Works for me Howard

Still not working for me, the red line where it should appear is blank, will try on another PC

Just tried it OT and its works OK

Can't make Friday will catch up with you the following week

After this Friday I will be missing until 19th October

Should have said it's the new thread bit on the white line that had vanished, have logged on via AOL instead of IE and it now works, very strange.

As far as I am aware, that has never been the case.

I remember when we had double header before, Mike Golding said could not start engines in pits before 7-15 and we started double header at 7-30.

Edited by oldtimer

I remember when we had double header before, Mike Golding said could not start engines in pits before 7-15 and we started double header at 7-30.

No we didn't, we started the meeting at 7.00pm that night, with the engines being started in order to warm up at 6.30pm, which was, and still is, within the time permitted by our planning lease.

May just pop over for these two....

Weather updates are available mate if you need them!!

Weather updates are available mate if you need them!!

Tell him it`s raining whatever it`s doing, cos he will only turn up with a dark cloud over his head anyway.........................nice holiday DB ?

Hope both meetings are close hard fought matches between the best two teams in the Prem this season from start to finish.In my opinion Newcastle are the Champs, I have no great love of play offs for the title, the ridiculous nonsense between Poole and Coventry a couple of seasons back says it all. One other good thing about this season is that Somerset and Newcastle who had good sides destroyed by injuries last year have managed to get their rewards this time.I think whoever comes out top in this one will win and deserve it.

• Like 1

Can we now turn our attention onto the double header of friday.

Hello Somerset! a Geordie is calling.

Newcastles team is likely to be: -

Newcastle Diamonds

1. Stuart Robson

2. R/R for Richie Worrall

3. Mark Lemon

4. Christian Henry

5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Paul Starke (Guest)

7. Claes Nedermark

Can someone name the likely Somerset team?

I hope the weather is good and we entertain you over 30 heats.

Can we now turn our attention onto the double header of friday.

Hello Somerset! a Geordie is calling.

Newcastles team is likely to be: -

Newcastle Diamonds

1. Stuart Robson

2. R/R for Richie Worrall

3. Mark Lemon

4. Christian Henry

5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Paul Starke (Guest)

7. Claes Nedermark

Can someone name the likely Somerset team?

I hope the weather is good and we entertain you over 30 heats.

Should be the full 1 - 7 for the Rebels for these 2, At the match last wednesday it was said that they were hopeful Alex would be back well in time for the 28th. (I for one certainly hope he is back or we will seriously struggle to take a lead up to brough park for the return legs on sunday!)

1. Jason Doyle

2. Alex Davies

3. Jesper B Monberg

4. James Wright

5. Claus Vissing

6. Kyle Newman

7. Tom Perry

Smart move by the Diamonds to get both away legs done whilst Nedermark is still at reserve, whether by design or accident. I fear his contribution will give them the edge overall, but it should be close.

As for the weather. . . who knows? But whether it be dry or wet, it's sure to be breezy and chilly.

Tell him it`s raining whatever it`s doing, cos he will only turn up with a dark cloud over his head anyway.........................nice holiday DB ?

:lol: :lol:

Excellent vacation CB,how was yours?