British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Rebels 2013

Anyone know if there is a set date for any signings? If I remember rightly, last year they were announced at a SREF fundraiser. Is there going to be one this year or is it a case of just wait and watch?

It is hoped to have a SREF fundraiser in December as we did last year with an update on the BSPA conference and some rider announcements, the date is yet to be confirmed, just check out the Rebels website for details

Edited by purcatt

Brady Kurtz may fit the bill. Looked more than impressive in the few meetings he had over here this year.

I said about him earlier in the thread but i don't know his average

I thought at first ellis would be ok with perry but its a massive gamble so to with kerr. I would rather have experience at reserve. ie sitera, ksieszak, holder, jackobsen, edberg to think of a few under 4.00 average

Jakobsen's final few away matches for Berwick were dire! Don't think he scored in his last few away fixtures (maybe four meetings)

When deciding who you want in the team for 2013, you need to consider the following:

Tom and Alex can compete in the World Under 21 Championship and could be selected for the Team Under 21 Championship.

Jason has stated he wants to compete in the GP qualifiers. The dates for these competitions in 2013 are:

Under 21 World Championship

11 May

29 June

20 July

10 August

14 September

All Saturdays

Team Under 21

28 April Sunday

25 May Saturday

28 September Saturday

GP Qualifiers

20 May Monday

9 June Sunday

15 June Saturday

22 June Saturday

24 August Saturday

Perhaps flights can be arranged for some Saturday abroad meetings so our rider can race on a Friday, but there are bound to be clashes with home or even away match dates.

Edited by oldtimer

Why not give young Nathan Stoneman a shot

Why not give young Nathan Stoneman a shot

Far too early for the young lad. Would be probably worth a shot in a year's time if he recovers from his badly broken leg okay.

When deciding who you want in the team for 2013, you need to consider the following:

Tom and Alex can compete in the World Under 21 Championship and could be selected for the Team Under 21 Championship.

Jason has stated he wants to compete in the GP qualifiers. The dates for these competitions in 2013 are:

Under 21 World Championship

11 May

29 June

20 July

10 August

14 September

All Saturdays

Team Under 21

28 April Sunday

25 May Saturday

28 September Saturday

GP Qualifiers

20 May Monday

9 June Sunday

15 June Saturday

22 June Saturday

24 August Saturday

Perhaps flights can be arranged for some Saturday abroad meetings so our rider can race on a Friday, but there are bound to be clashes with home or even away match dates.

tom may not even be here next season if dudley move up. Alex i'm starting to think may not be here next season. Doyle would not be a problem if he stays on a high average a good guest can be found.

Someone posted earlier that Adam Ellis has big sponsorship for next year. Being involved with trying to secure it for him can you let me know where it is cos boy would it be welcome !

Ellis is younger, as good if not better, British & has big sponsorship now..........................

Someone posted earlier that Adam Ellis has big sponsorship for next year. Being involved with trying to secure it for him can you let me know where it is cos boy would it be welcome !

Don't worry Jon, you can take what Premier Rebel says with a pinch of salt.....................like most of his 'Info', he probably read it in the Beano. :rofl:

Edited by womble53
  • Like 1

Don't worry Jon, you can take what Premier Rebel says with a pinch of salt.....................like most of his 'Info', he probably read it in the Beano. :rofl:

Beano joke never gets old Womble :rofl:

• Like 1

Beano joke never gets old Womble :rofl:

Like the august publication itself, it stands the test of time Harry :t:

Edited by womble53
  • Like 1

Well, Seeing as though Adam Ellis has now signed elsewhere, I thought i'd have a pop at a revised line-up.

1. Jason

2. Alex

3. Claus

4. Kyle

5. Jesper (or if some rumours are true, and I must stress that they are RUMOURS, maybe Nick Morris)

6. Tom

7. Brady Kurtz (or maybe even steve worall if past years are anything to go by)

Well, Seeing as though Adam Ellis has now signed elsewhere, I thought i'd have a pop at a revised line-up.

1. Jason

2. Alex

3. Claus

4. Kyle

5. Jesper (or if some rumours are true, and I must stress that they are RUMOURS, maybe Nick Morris)

6. Tom

7. Brady Kurtz (or maybe even steve worall if past years are anything to go by)

Assuming Doyley and Morris are to stay with Swindon, can't see how they could both double-up for the Rebels too. That's not even a plausible rumour.

Brady Kurtz!!! Hasn't even rode national league and you want to stick him in PL straight away! No chance!!