British Speedway Forum
conk98

More Places

I wish a few more tracks

Would talke notice of all the hard work places like Scunthorpe and stoke do,not only would it give lots more track time for youth riders like my self

It would make then lots of money and maybe they would not face closing down

Buxton Would be a good place

Leicester,tracks that are owned by the team and not someone else

I love going to Scunthorpe even thought is only once a month and my bike always seems to play up

Stoke and Scunthorpe and the guys who run

The to clubs deserve to succeed

leicester and buxton run practice sesions through the year !!!!

leicester have 1 coming up 28 th october buxton have run 2 training sesions this month!!!!

Don't forget Northside/Workington and Redcar also run.

well said, i know there are plenty of places that do open to the masses for open days but these are always the same tracks, scunthorpe and stoke offer equipment to those who cant afford to get into the sport straight away. yes there are others that have training days but if you loo at it the majority are on the coast or nearby. for people like myself starting out i had to travel 2 and a half hours last week to have a day at scunthorpe. You dont see places like wolverhampton and coventry and swindon for example opening and offering anything similar to get the youth and next generation through the door. i completly agree that there are more than a handful that open their doors but not enough around the country do their bit for new commers

i totally agree im from the midlands too and it is a pain driving 2 too 3 hours just to ride , maybe thats where the bspa could help out a bit more and have a few training centres all over the uk, i will stick up for wolverhampton though they only rent the stadium of ladbrokes so cant really run a training school, coventry do have ride a slide days, and swindo do have a mini track but im not sure if it is even used!!!!!!!! this is why we are miles behind other countries in the sport its not rocket science, poland tracks are open like 24/7 for practice, sweden and denmark run lots of schools and have racing from 80cc just look at the hard work eric gundersen has done with the danish kids!!!!!! what english pro has every done that or even helped the sport in this country,

Andy Meredith Speedway Academy... We have 2 places left for our training session at Buxton on 3rd November.We are on track from 11am til 3pm I limit the riders to 15 to allow for tuition and plenty of track time. I plan to run every 3 weeks throughout the winter. We have free tea and coffee and a friendly atmosphere..The cost is £45 for the day and is pre book only. I have a group page on facebook.. Contact me via facebook so i can add you to the group if interested.Many thanks Andy Meredith.