British Speedway Forum

40/1 at outset says it all. Stunning. If it happens this will be the most unexpected GP champion, and the most unlikely british world champion ever....

I believe he was 200-1 with some bookmakers . i think if he wins it will be the greatest surprise not just in gp history but in the history of the speedway world champs . in fact maybe the greatest surprise medal winner? can't ever recall the rank outsider finishing on the podium.

Either way it has been a superb season, even though emil is my favourite rider i have found myself wanting tai to take out the title - and for the first time this season i think he is favourite to do do.

Rank outsider he may well have been considered when he got his pick, but his season long performances demonstrate that he's not the current leader by luck.

Niamh

Interesting to see how he handles leading though. Really hope he does it but think the remaining tracks could suit Emil more. Gonna be tough

Interesting to see how he handles leading though. Really hope he does it but think the remaining tracks could suit Emil more. Gonna be tough

I been an Emil fan since even before he won his first GP and really wanted him to win this year.

Being English I supported our representatives but did not even consider Woffy at the start of the season.

Top 8 as a goal was sound thinking by him. What he has actually achieved is phenomenal.

I doubt anybody would have envisaged him being where he is in August.

Can he hold on?

I think he can. Emil seems to have collapsed under the strain of expectation.

Will he recover?

Always a chance but Woffy looks good everywhere nowadays and I doubt if the remaining GP tracks will phase him.

Still between this very worthy pair and all to play for.

Whoever comes out on top deserves it thouroughly.

Before Latvia I thought Emil had the edge but now it seems Woffy is the one with it all to lose.

Should make for three very gripping GPs.

If we do get an English world champion I wonder what British speedway will do with it?

• Like 1

BBC sports personality will not mention woffinden (if he is the champ) did they mention mark loram NO and they only mentioned mark on 5 live because I phoned them and complained.

• Like 1

NO mention of him during the Sky meeting last night either. Tai could be World Champion by the time the Elite League play-offs conclude, possibly with Wolverhampton involved. Will they still ignore him?

BBC sports personality will not mention woffinden (if he is the champ) did they mention mark loram NO and they only mentioned mark on 5 live because I phoned them and complained.

Loram was invited to SPOTY but he'd already agreed to ride at Brighton. Maybe that snub didn't go down well with the BBC?

NO mention of him during the Sky meeting last night either. Tai could be World Champion by the time the Elite League play-offs conclude, possibly with Wolverhampton involved. Will they still ignore him?

Sky have mentioned the GP a few times when Tai has been on tele.

Loram was invited to SPOTY but he'd already agreed to ride at Brighton. Maybe that snub didn't go down well with the BBC?

Sky have mentioned the GP a few times when Tai has been on tele.

BUT no mention on Monday that a British rider was leading the World Championship ... do you not find that strange?

Well. as it's Kelvin and Nigel who do the GP commentary and the same pair then present the EL show for Sky I would have thought it an interesting question to ask them about what are the 'team orders' at Sky.

Does anyone know them well enough to 'pop that questtion', say, over lunch?

BUT no mention on Monday that a British rider was leading the World Championship ... do you not find that strange?

Not really. Nigel promotes British Speedway well. Im sure if it had been possible he'd have mentioned it. Maybe the situation didn't arise and he has to be careful advertising another channels product.

Well. as it's Kelvin and Nigel who do the GP commentary and the same pair then present the EL show for Sky I would have thought it an interesting question to ask them about what are the 'team orders' at Sky.

Does anyone know them well enough to 'pop that questtion', say, over lunch?

Maybe someone close enough to know they get locked in a room for 6 hours at each GP and not allowed to leave? :o