British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2013

Fair play despite previous criticism they have really smarted up the bar, new floor ..well done.

That's not Stoke's bar...that's a local pub ;)

Fair play despite previous criticism they have really smarted up the bar, new floor ..well done.

Stokes bar Hahahaha - if only!!!!!!!

With 3 Swindon lads in the team the Stokies have gained a Wiltshire based fan! :t:

With 3 Swindon lads in the team the Stokies have gained a Wiltshire based fan! :t:

Should start selling Wiltshire Ham sarnies in the Bar then.

• Like 1

Well according to Mr Vasey (on Twitter) Stoke is getting a tidy up - might have been an April Fools though. :lol::P

• Like 1

Well according to Mr Vasey (on Twitter) Stoke is getting a tidy up - might have been an April Fools though. :lol::P

Perhaps those attending Press and Practice can report back ! Otherwise I will give my verdict on Saturday !

they had stock cars there over the Easter, so the place will be like a rubbish heep.

Edited by big lad

I can't remember the exact wording but he stated after the stock cars.

On a serious note - some confirmation and clarification of what was meant by the Tweet would be good to read. :)

Nice anniversary win by Smartie, and Kyle did well also, bodes well for Stokes season,if these two have good seasons.

Edited by greyhoundp

Nice anniversary win by Smartie, and Kyle did well also, bodes well for Stokes season,if these two have good seasons.

Was a good win by Lee and early signs are that all is ok with him with regards to fitness and mental toughness to take on the track. Good to see that he had the "nerve" to go around the outside of Tony in one race. For me; and realize this may sound strange, but Kyle impressed me the most. Very good style and attack of the track; could be a big year for them both. Luke P will be solid back back up and I think maybe Ben was trying engines or something last night as in some races he looked well down on power and then flying.....well better at least in others. Luke C will be ok if he can stay on a bike, can't remember a rider dropping off his bike so much.!!. If I say, I think that it is going to be a very steep learning curve for our two reserve lads and leave it at that. More importantly than all the above; just hope that Shane is ok after a very heavy fall; seemed to bounce on his head and tumble. Not looked elsewhere but do we know his condition?.

• Like 1

I think Stoke may have some poor away days but should be strong at home. The top three are a match for any. The Lukes will be fine on their own shale but inconsistent elsewhere in my opinion. The reserves should get dialled in at home and score some useful points as back to the rest but there might well be some tricky away-day's.

Great to see Smarty in top form. :t:

I think Stoke may have some poor away days but should be strong at home. The top three are a match for any. The Lukes will be fine on their own shale but inconsistent elsewhere in my opinion. The reserves should get dialled in at home and score some useful points as back to the rest but there might well be some tricky away-day's.

Great to see Smarty in top form. :t:

The reserves looked the worry on Saturday, as neither really looked on the pace. Whether that was teething problems with machinery, who knows. As for the top 5, they will win meetings on their own at times. Smarty looked back to his best, while Kyle Hughes looked quick after an off first ride. They could easily be 9+ pointers each. Priest looked up and down, but looked good when passing Atkin in his first race. Reade looked a bit down on power, and Chessell was great for anywhere between 1 and 3 laps. If he could stay on he could put a point on his average easily.

Could be a hit and miss season!

• Like 2